Bank manager sued for fraudulent dealings

Lite Beer

Bank manager sued for fraudulent dealings
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Some 20 individuals yesterday filed a lawsuit against a former Government Savings Bank manager, accusing her of fraud and allegedly cheating them and many others out of Bt200 million.

Kankanit Sriwiset, a nurse who led the group, said former bank manager Uengkaew Samphao had convinced her to invest in a loan project that allegedly offered an interest of 10 per cent.

She said that after she earned a profit as promised, Uengkaew then encouraged her to get her friends and relatives to invest in the scheme. However, the Crime Suppression Division police was not told if the investment was a legitimate one and also officially offered to other members of the public.

Kankanit said her friend and relatives alone gave Bt28.5 million to the manager, who also allegedly took money from her colleagues at the bank's branch in Kham Khuan Kaeo district in Yasothon. Uengkaew was later investigated for her dealings and suspended before eventually being sacked.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Bank-manager-sued-for-fraudulent-dealings-30238915.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-19

• Like 1

A nurse and her friends invest 28+ million and complain about cheating? Wonder how she made this big money without cheating. Jacky complains about Jack!

Fatfather

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Strange that she never had to face criminal charges and spend some time in the clanger isn't it ? One can only presume that in this land full of corrupt cheats and liars somebody higher up the ladder of 'authority' was paid off to let her retire gracefully. The people suing her will most likely end up with nothing.... they call it 'justice' in the land of scams.

• Like 1

A nurse and her friends invest 28+ million and complain about cheating? Wonder how she made this big money without cheating. Jacky complains about Jack!

Fatfather

Try interpreting the report correctly, the nurse and her friends and relatives invested 28m baht. I think there is a fairly good chance that there were many of them and the nurse is probably not the cheater you accuse her of being.

Fatfather

Try interpreting the report correctly, the nurse and her friends and relatives invested 28m baht. I think there is a fairly good chance that there were many of them and the nurse is probably not the cheater you accuse her of being.

The nurse and her friends and relatives.....

Must have been lots of friends and relatives to have such big money aside. I just doubted it comes from her earnings.

Fatfather

Fatfather

Maybe you need to get out a bit more. Just because she's a nurse doesn't mean she's just out of nursing school and earned the money from nursing. I know a nurse who married into a well off family. She and her husband has just completed a 4 storey block of apartments that they are selling.

I also heard of a few friends of my wife who invested in a scam like this recently and lost around B2 million. Maybe it's the same scam but who knows.

rolleyes.gif In my personal opinion Capitalists are the lowest form of human being, and bankers are at the bottom rung of Capitalists.

But that's just my personal opinion.

Welcome to the collective comrade... Resistance is futile...

Fatfather

Well...you have somewhat of a point. They could have sold some family held land, that seems the only way "real" people come into money. I have yet to see an honest Thai make millions of baht through work. Business owners don;t pay people, so its not possible. Money comes either through corruption, illegal activities, or family handouts.

Fatfather

The nurse and her friends and relatives.....

Must have been lots of friends and relatives to have such big money aside. I just doubted it comes from her earnings.

Fatfather

I had a nurse friend that started at a salary of 6000 /month bt her family was well off. Perhaps this nurse family is doing ok?

rolleyes.gif In my personal opinion Capitalists are the lowest form of human being, and bankers are at the bottom rung of Capitalists.

But that's just my personal opinion.

And who, in your (personal) opinion, are the highest form of human being, comrade ?

Fatfather

Yeah.........its not like they have ever been handed down property from parents, owned land or took out loans on land huh?

Pitiful post.