Russian Media Goes Far Out to Explain Malaysia Airlines Disaster

Lite Beer

To down a civilian plane for political reasons - has the world gone mad?  SA missiles capable of hitting a target at over 30,000 need a sophisticated launch system, and presumably the human expertise. Russia has that capability. I doubt the Ukranian separatists have any more than low flying hand launch missiles, and I just don't believe that it would help their cause to attack a civilian plane, anyway.

The order for such a launch must have come from Moscow - it's inconceivable that such a decision would be at ground level. 

In case anyone thinks I'm not being sympathetic to the victims, they have been at the forefront of my thoughts for them and their families since this tragedy.   May the truth come about, and the perpetrators punished. RIP.. 

I just cannot fathom out the reasons for this theory. If anything, it must be the other way around as Moscow would become a pariah state if this was the case. Russia would have everything to lose and nothing to gain from this. A more likely theory is that the separatists brought it down than the Russian army.

I see many posts that personally blame Putin as if he pushed the fire button personally. If this is the case then many deaths could be attributed to western leaders such as Obama and Cameron for arming and funding the supposed moderate anti government factions in Syria. There are no moderate factions there, the whole lot of them are hardcore fundamentalists who will kill anyone for not siding with them.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kim Jo Il, Putin...
Are they the persons who are pulverizing nations today?

Free, truthful, unbiased media? Where is it?

Edit
Putin is a pig? - Well, I will not argue with you on this.
But do you agree there are worst pigs?

Edited by ravip

Does anyone remember the US Navy downing an Iranian Air Liner?  It was an admitted mistake.  I believe the Malaysia Airlines was also an unfortunate mistake.  In this day and age a mistake can have horrable consequences.  There is no way to eliminate all mistakes, unfortunately.

There are a few mistakes walking that crime scene that I would love to see eliminated.

Putin's Russia is a good indication of what would happen to Thailand if Thaksin won. Something for all the red expats to consider.

Is Putin a bad guy?
Why do you say so?
There are other opinions too >>> http://time.com/3005439/putin-approval-ratings/
Easy to believe if you understand the average Russian isn't being told the whole truth in the news. This article proves it. Allow the media to freely report everything and I'd bet those ratings would change drastically.

I hope you're not insinuating that we get told the truth, not a chance!

Sent from my XT1033 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Does anyone remember the US Navy downing an Iranian Air Liner?  It was an admitted mistake.  I believe the Malaysia Airlines was also an unfortunate mistake.  In this day and age a mistake can have horrable consequences.  There is no way to eliminate all mistakes, unfortunately.

Very true.

Unfortunately the way 'mistakes' are interpreted today are totally inhuman.

if the yanks can shoot down an airliner with all their experienced staff then no reason why some numpty ukraine pilot with a lose finger couldnt too .remains of the rocket fired would be found at the crash site to prove their case .

the buk setup requires 3 vehicles and no evidence from the yanks who would have drones over the area .their satellites  would show exactly where and when the launch was .

• Like 1

'Every single day we're lying': Russia Today reporter resigns over coverage of Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/russia-today-reporter-quits-malaysia-airlines-mh17-crash-coverage-article-1.1871924

If lying were the criteria, Fox news and many others would be very short of staff.

Strangely I see no threats of boycotts. Politically,  trade or otherwise  or hear rabid screaming from  those who support other brutal regimes in the middle east and happily fund and train terrorists.

One is led to wonder why?

Not surely because Europe in general is reliant on Russia for power supplies i.e. natural gas or that the nationalities of those lost in the downing of the aircraft are considered ethnically and religiously irrelevant and thus their deaths become a trivial  matter, hence the murderous deaths of those innocents is not pursued as it is neither a fashionable or profitable cause to pursue?

Or is it truth be known outright  blatant cowardice on the part of the antagonistic nations of the world at large?

1042875_white_feather_illustration_on_bl

Edited by siampolee

There are a few mistakes walking that crime scene that I would love to see eliminated.

What does a man do when he makes a mistake? Wow, I goofed up. Sorry. We will not do it again. We take responsibility. What does a worm like King Vlad do? Obfuscate the truth. Lie. Cheat. Steal. Blame. Orchestrate the kind of deception he was taught at the KGB.

Spidermike007
  • Like 1

Is it possible for Europe to simply find other sources for its natural gas and oil? Imagine if they, and the rest of the world completely boycotted Russia. Completely. No purchases at all. We do not need your oil. We have no need for your filthy gold or diamonds. You can keep it all, bitch. How do you feel now? Still feeling omnipotent without that income King Vlad? Still making up your own rules? Still feeling like you have no need to bow to the rules of the civilized world, which you so abhor?

Spidermike007 Edited by spidermike007

if the yanks can shoot down an airliner with all their experienced staff then no reason why some numpty ukraine pilot with a lose finger couldnt too .remains of the rocket fired would be found at the crash site to prove their case .

the buk setup requires 3 vehicles and no evidence from the yanks who would have drones over the area .their satellites  would show exactly where and when the launch was .

The BUK does require mutiple vehicles to be operated properly.  But can be done standalone if necessary.  You just can't ID the plane properly.  And yes, the US did detect the radar being started and it did detect the heat signature from the rocket.  They know exactly where it was fired from.  Only the Russians are denying this, nobody else.

'Every single day we're lying': Russia Today reporter resigns over coverage of Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/russia-today-reporter-quits-malaysia-airlines-mh17-crash-coverage-article-1.1871924

If lying were the criteria, Fox news and many others would be very short of staff.

Fox news twists the truth big time.  But out and out lies?  Like RT does?  No way.  I hate fox news, but use to watch it all the time because my father loved it.  I never saw lies.  Just biased reports.

Chooka's post is from a lady who use to work there but quit.  And of course, all major news sources in Russia are now owned by the government.  Definitely not independent any more.

Fox news twists the truth big time.  But out and out lies?  Like RT does?  No way.  I hate fox news, but use to watch it all the time because my father loved it.  I never saw lies.  Just biased reports.

Chooka's post is from a lady who use to work there but quit.  And of course, all major news sources in Russia are now owned by the government.  Definitely not independent any more.

I think to call Putin a dictator would not be a stretch. He operates like one. Zero press freedom. RT, though a decent network is owned by the Kremlin, and fully compromised. Not any less biased than Fox. Saw a recent episode on how foul the US fracking industry is. While true, when was the last time we saw an expose on Siberian drilling, or the fouling of major rivers in Russia, by industry? It just would never happen. Or how about Putin's excessive control over the Kremlin? This reporter resigned as there was a hope that RT was capable of objectivity. Not when his life was threatened by the thug ruling the nation. Nobody is safe in Russia, if they criticize King Vlad. He is the ultimate ruler. A Lord of Lords, acting like an 18th century Czar. Well the world community does not like Czars. Are they strong enough to stand up to Vlad the Goomba? Hope so. Find substitute suppliers for all the gas and oil. Cut them off at the knees. See how Vlad squirms without income.

Spidermike007 Edited by spidermike007

"assist the rebels"

What a suggestion!

It has been done before, is is been done now, it will be done in the future!

What good has it ever done other than bite the hand that fed it, in the end.

Humans will never learn...

What i really dont understand is..
if it's gazetted as a war zone, why would commercial planes be "tasked" to use that route? (Save on fuel?)
if my airspace were violated, i for one, would certainly defend..

Sent from my nokia 8810 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app Edited by desmondspencer

What i really dont understand is..
if it's gazetted as a war zone, why would commercial planes be "tasked" to use that route? (Save on fuel?)
if my airspace were violated, i for one, would certainly defend..

Sent from my nokia 8810 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hundreds of planes fly over war zones every day.  It's almost impossible for some flights to avoid them.  Do a Google search.

But in most war zones, rebels don't have weapons capable of hitting planes above 30,000 feet.  But yes, MH17 probably should not have been in this airspace.  Especially since several planes had been shot down lately, at altitudes above 20,000.

A view of Russian irrationality from Moscow:

It’s not just about the Malaysian flight. Russians are living in an alternate reality.

MOSCOW—Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 has already shined a spotlight on the Russian public’s somewhat, um, unique views. Russian media are running with conspiracy theories: that MH17 was shot down by NATO to spark a conflict with Russia, that MH17 wasn’t full of innocent civilians but week-old corpses, or that MH17 was shot down because it was mistaken for Vladimir Putin’s personal jet (as if anti-aircraft missiles weren’t aimed with radar but with a really large pair of binoculars). The only theory missing is the right one: that Russian-backed separatists accidentally shot down the plane when they mistook it for a Ukrainian military transport.

This may seem like the entertaining sideshow to a tragedy, but actually it’s just a window into a hugely dangerous problem. I recently moved to Moscow, and it’s hard to miss the extent to which Russian society exists in an alternate universe. Even well-educated, sophisticated people who have traveled widely in Europe and North America will frequently voice opinions that, in an American context, would place them alongside people wearing tinfoil hats. Russia is not living in the reality-based community.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/07/24/its-not-just-about-the-malaysian-flight-russians-are-living-in-an-alternate-reality/

It’s not just about the Malaysian flight. Russians are living in an alternate reality.

MOSCOW—Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 has already shined a spotlight on the Russian public’s somewhat, um, unique views. Russian media are running with conspiracy theories: that MH17 was shot down by NATO to spark a conflict with Russia, that MH17 wasn’t full of innocent civilians but week-old corpses, or that MH17 was shot down because it was mistaken for Vladimir Putin’s personal jet (as if anti-aircraft missiles weren’t aimed with radar but with a really large pair of binoculars). The only theory missing is the right one: that Russian-backed separatists accidentally shot down the plane when they mistook it for a Ukrainian military transport.

This may seem like the entertaining sideshow to a tragedy, but actually it’s just a window into a hugely dangerous problem. I recently moved to Moscow, and it’s hard to miss the extent to which Russian society exists in an alternate universe. Even well-educated, sophisticated people who have traveled widely in Europe and North America will frequently voice opinions that, in an American context, would place them alongside people wearing tinfoil hats. Russia is not living in the reality-based community.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/07/24/its-not-just-about-the-malaysian-flight-russians-are-living-in-an-alternate-reality/

What a ridiculous article, one American's opinion on Russians, summed up by the statement

"Like many Americans, I used to think that these differences would recede with time, and that, as they traveled the world, got jobs, and got rich, Russians would eventually start to think more and more like us."

They really just can't get over themselves can they? God help us all if the Russians, or any other peoples of the world, "start to think more and more like us.".

It's America that lives in an alternate reality!

Yes. They seem to be drinking the "great leaders" Kool aid. The deception of most citizens has been going on for a century now. It is a state policy, it seems. Putin is simply filling the shoes once occupied by Stalin, Lenin, Kruschev, and Breschnev. He loves it. What, level with his own people? Telling it like it is is not within him. Admitting guilt, and offering compensation would lower his popularity ratings. The world is onto him this time. I say he is busted.

Spidermike007

A 2012 report into Putin’s wealth by the Daily Telegraph, detailed his personal toys, which includes a fleet of 58 different aircraft. The bathroom on one of his planes cost $85,000 to install, it has gold fittings.

His watch collection is valued at over $500,000, he has a palace valued at $340 million on the Black Sea, and a yacht which cost a cool $44 million. Former Russian deputy prime minister, Boris Nemtsov, said that Putin “can be compared with that of the monarchs of the Persian Gulf or the most outrageous oligarchs.”

This same report suggests his real net worth could be as high as 70 billion dollars.

Spidermike
Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

What a ridiculous article, one American's opinion on Russians, summed up by the statement

"Like many Americans, I used to think that these differences would recede with time, and that, as they traveled the world, got jobs, and got rich, Russians would eventually start to think more and more like us."

They really just can't get over themselves can they? God help us all if the Russians, or any other peoples of the world, "start to think more and more like us.".

It's America that lives in an alternate reality!

saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCd.gif 

We have it within our power to begin the world over again --- Thomas Paine, advocate of the American Revolutionary War of Independence, 1776.

I'd be confident you're not trying to say Putin or Xi Jinping are your kind of guys.   wink.png

Kim Jong Un and all the rest of 'em.  blink.png

What is the Putin thinking?

http://weeklywonk.newamerica.net/articles/putins-machiavellian-moment/

Putin’s reaction to the shooting down of MH17 is vintage KGB.  He has denied responsibility, sought to obfuscate the facts and uses his media to produce misinformation and disinformation.  The crash site was tampered with in order to prevent a serious forensic examination of the evidence.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the Putin thinking?
http://weeklywonk.newamerica.net/articles/putins-machiavellian-moment/

Putin’s reaction to the shooting down of MH17 is vintage KGB.  He has denied responsibility, sought to obfuscate the facts and uses his media to produce misinformation and disinformation.  The crash site was tampered with in order to prevent a serious forensic examination of the evidence.

Has Mr Lynch published an apology for this pack of lies?