Thousands march for Gaza in London, clashes in Paris over Israeli onslaught

Lite Beer

The second greatest anti-semitic act of the twentieth century was shipping all the Jews out of Europe and into Israel.  

All wise Jews know that. 

Disgusting - 

This has to be the most idiotic comment on the thread.

Hilarious - do you have any idea how many Jews were barred from returning home after the war?

Left to rot in displaced persons camps while politicians put up anti-semitic barriers against them?

A resurgence of pogroms AFTER the war which terrified the Jewish population?  

Did you not know that?  

Some of you guys appall me with your lack of grasp of history

Many of the camp survivors - HAD NO CHOICE - THEY COULD NOT RETURN HOME 

It was a further despicable act of anti-semitism on the part of European politicians.   

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The second greatest anti-semitic act of the twentieth century was shipping all the Jews out of Europe and into Israel.

If they had stuck around, they would have all ended up being gassed. Now THAT Is "Disgusting"! bah.gif

Gassed in 1945 after the war ended?  and in 1946? 1947?  

Virtually no aid was given to Jews wishing to return to their pre-war homes - they were shipped out enmasse - from the camps to Israel.  Never seeing their old homes again.  

Two months ago we buried a Jewish friend of mine that remembered it well - how people that dreamed of their homes were in despair when they were sent thousands of miles away - 

MANY OF THEM THINKING THAT IF THEY WENT HOME THEY WOULD MEET THEIR MUM/DAD/BROTHERS/AND SISTERS AGAIN - 

TO BE TOLD THAT THEY WERE NOT ALLOWED TO GO HOME WAS A CRUSHING BLOW - AND THE REASON WHY THEY COULDN'T GO HOME WAS POST-WAR ANTI-SEMITISM IN EUROPE.

How thick are you guys not to know that????????? 

This topic has generated lots of reports - all for bickering, argumentative and baiting posts - with the same three or four board members getting stuck into each other.

Please post/debate in a civil manner, and respect other's rights to their opinions.

If you cannot do this, stay out of the topic because the whole lot of you will get a ticket to the sin bin if the bickering does not stop.

Thank-you.

(Bold font - sorry - however I want the message to be loud and clear - mods are starting to get completely fed up with the bickering.)

This issue has been raised on numerous ocassions. IDF are fully aware that by attacking missile sites, arms storage etc etc civilians will die (intent). That's a tactical war fighting decision, it is what it is, why try and spin by using the highlighted words; just sophistry.

Well, I offered hard evidence and clear facts from reliable articles and videos proving exactly the opposite of your opinion, so who is doing the spinning now?

Would you like me to repost my posts as a reminder?

No. I hold a different perspective on the moral justification of attacking targets where within meters civilians reside such as school and hospitals. Nor in this conflict to destroy essential civilian infrastructure

No what?  " I hold a different perspective on the moral justification" ie.  your opinion.

Mods OK to post the following?

Correct, my opinion that is also held by others. Your views that all Israeli military actions are justifiable is an opinion, also held by others. Differing viewpoints on the morality and outcomes of targeting decisions by IDF that we are unable to reach an acceptable common ground.

Edited by simple1

I would draw a sharp distinction between the European sympathizers and demonstrators from the American ones. When it comes to Europe, I think the overwhelming factor is raw, native, deep-seated anti-Semitism. This is 2,000-year-old anti-Semitism. Now for awhile they discovered that if you put the veneer of anti-Zionism -- the cover of anti-Zionism -- you can get away with it in respectable society. The veneer and cover are gone. You've got placards being carried in Germany of all places, 'Hitler was right.' Chants of Jews to the gas. This is raw anti-Semitism finding a semi-respectable outlet and you get the foreign ministers of France, Germany and Italy issuing a joint statement denouncing anti-Semitism in their country.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/08/05/krauthammer_on_anti-israel_protests_this_is_raw_anti-semitism_finding_a_semi-respectable_outlet.html

You've posted this quote already. 

Yes I have. There are lots of threads on this topic with lots of readers. Dr Krauthammer is very articulate and you are not the only one reading here. However, I have also posted numerous quotes, photos, videos and links from other sources confirming the anti-Semitic nature of those protests. No matter how much some folks want to ignore the truth, there is no denying it. wink.png

*Rising tide of anti-semitism in Britain as Jewish people face backlash over bloodshed in Gaza
*Over 100 hate crimes recorded this month, more than double usual number
*Attackers invoke the Holocaust and even shout ‘Heil Hitler’ at victims
*Bricks thrown at Belfast's only synagogue, smashing windows
*Rabbi attacked by four Muslim teenagers outside school in Gateshead
*Bomb threat and stones thrown at a boy on a bike in North London

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2707421/Rising-tide-anti-semitism-Britain-Jewish-people-face-backlash-bloodshed-Gaza.html#ixzz3A2Wh3Am8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlinU-iAZZE

Edited by Ulysses G.

I would draw a sharp distinction between the European sympathizers and demonstrators from the American ones. When it comes to Europe, I think the overwhelming factor is raw, native, deep-seated anti-Semitism. This is 2,000-year-old anti-Semitism. Now for awhile they discovered that if you put the veneer of anti-Zionism -- the cover of anti-Zionism -- you can get away with it in respectable society. The veneer and cover are gone. You've got placards being carried in Germany of all places, 'Hitler was right.' Chants of Jews to the gas. This is raw anti-Semitism finding a semi-respectable outlet and you get the foreign ministers of France, Germany and Italy issuing a joint statement denouncing anti-Semitism in their country.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/08/05/krauthammer_on_anti-israel_protests_this_is_raw_anti-semitism_finding_a_semi-respectable_outlet.html

You've posted this quote already. 

Yes I have. There are lots of threads on this topic with lots of readers. Dr Krauthammer is very articulate and you are not the only one reading here. However, I have also posted numerous quotes, photos, videos and links from other sources confirming the anti-Semitic nature of those protests. No matter how much some folks want to ignore the truth, there is no denying it. wink.png

*Rising tide of anti-semitism in Britain as Jewish people face backlash over bloodshed in Gaza
*Over 100 hate crimes recorded this month, more than double usual number
*Attackers invoke the Holocaust and even shout ‘Heil Hitler’ at victims
*Bricks thrown at Belfast's only synagogue, smashing windows
*Rabbi attacked by four Muslim teenagers outside school in Gateshead
*Bomb threat and stones thrown at a boy on a bike in North London

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2707421/Rising-tide-anti-semitism-Britain-Jewish-people-face-backlash-bloodshed-Gaza.html#ixzz3A2Wh3Am8

Why do you show a picture of Algerian national football team supporters in this thread ?

Algerian football supporters have nothing to do with de demonstrations.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You mean the crowd marching in London, carrying protest signs, shouting about Jews and burning the Israeli flag? It is pretty self-explanatory . There have been anti-Semitic protests all over Europe. 

In the space of just one week last month, according to Crif, the umbrella group for France's Jewish organisations, eight synagogues were attacked. One, in the Paris suburb of Sarcelles, was firebombed by a 400-strong mob. A kosher supermarket and pharmacy were smashed and looted; the crowd's chants and banners included "Death to Jews" and "Slit Jews' throats". That same weekend, in the Barbes neighbourhood of the capital, stone-throwing protesters burned Israeli flags: "Israhell", read one banner.

In Germany last month, molotov cocktails were lobbed into the Bergische synagogue in Wuppertal – previously destroyed on Kristallnacht – and a Berlin imam, Abu Bilal Ismail, called on Allah to "destroy the Zionist Jews.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/07/antisemitism-rise-europe-worst-since-nazis

Edited by Ulysses G.

Apparently Ron Dermer, Israeli ambassador to the US reckons the IDF should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for unimaginable restraint!

What a grotesque extremist he sounds.  hopefully with a few more deeply inappropriate remarks like this from this extreme right wing bunch of thugs joe public in the US will start to realize what they are all about.  

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anti-Semite, oh yes Anti Semite, is just thinking and pondering your thoughts

an anti symmetric.

I like it. I think we should use the term anti-symemetric for someone that can only see one side of the argument. Like the post below, is displaying definite anti-symmetric tendencies.

You mean the crowd marching in London, carrying protest signs, shouting about Jews and burning the Israeli flag? It is pretty self-explanatory . There have been anti-Semitic protests all over Europe. 

In the space of just one week last month, according to Crif, the umbrella group for France's Jewish organisations, eight synagogues were attacked. One, in the Paris suburb of Sarcelles, was firebombed by a 400-strong mob. A kosher supermarket and pharmacy were smashed and looted; the crowd's chants and banners included "Death to Jews" and "Slit Jews' throats". That same weekend, in the Barbes neighbourhood of the capital, stone-throwing protesters burned Israeli flags: "Israhell", read one banner.

In Germany last month, molotov cocktails were lobbed into the Bergische synagogue in Wuppertal – previously destroyed on Kristallnacht – and a Berlin imam, Abu Bilal Ismail, called on Allah to "destroy the Zionist Jews.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/07/antisemitism-rise-europe-worst-since-nazis

Well UG, if you are complaining about stones and molotov cocktails being thrown at synagogues I would hate for you to have to spend the night in Gaza.

If the slaughter continues, then the backlash and the protests will get worse and more regular. Any good being done by normal Jewish communities will be undone for decades. What is being undertaken by the Israeli politicians is adversely affecting every Jewish family across the world and is sowing the seeds of prejudice and hatred for years to come. Why any Government would want to bring down such a great self hack on it's own people is beyond me.

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

How about the THOUSANDS falling before and after that cheery-picked date? rolleyes.gif

I take it from your silence that you agree then that in my cheery [sic] picked dates less than one rocket per week had fallen. Thank you

Maybe he doesn't know what a cheery picked date is?

You don't mean cherry picked by any chance?

Better ask UG that...he wrote it, not me!       cheery [sic] picked dates.

Better not expose your ignorance as to what  the term "sic" means in a reference.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

• Like 1

To post #885.

Let me give you a heads upwink.png

i personally don't agree with all that flag burning rubbish but the gist of it has arisen because people object to the slaughter of nearly 2000 innocents.  There is no fog of war here.  It didn't need the senseless murder of all those women and children to destroy those tunnels.

All Netanyahu and his cadre of thugs has achieved is creating the biggest PR disaster since Shatlia and the worst in Israel's history.

Israel can survive PR disasters....

..but it cannot survive as a mutilated micro-state.

I would take the bad publicity any time.

Well, Israel may survive PR disasters. You can choose the bad publicity.

But there are many future IDF soldiers whose death will be attributable to the current PR disaster Netanyahu and his ilk have created by their warmongering. When those avoidable deaths of young Israelis start being reported in the next round of hostilities, I hope you remember that you were happy to choose the bad publicity.

Ron Dermer, Israel ambassador to US wants IDF to get Nobel Peace Prize 

“I especially will not tolerate criticism of my country at a time when Israeli soldiers are dying so that innocent Palestinians can live.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/robert-fisk-if-the-nobel-peace-prize-can-be-handed-to-obama-why-not-hand-it-to-the-israeli-defence-force-9660158.html

To post #885.

Let me give you a heads up;)

i personally don't agree with all that flag burning rubbish but the gist of it has arisen because people object to the slaughter of nearly 2000 innocents.  There is no fog of war here.  It didn't need the senseless murder of all those women and children to destroy those tunnels.

All Netanyahu and his cadre of thugs has achieved is creating the biggest PR disaster since Shatlia and the worst in Israel's history.

Israel can survive PR disasters....
..but it cannot survive as a mutilated micro-state.

I would take the bad publicity any time.

Well, Israel may survive PR disasters. You can choose the bad publicity.
But there are many future IDF soldiers whose death will be attributable to the current PR disaster Netanyahu and his ilk have created by their warmongering. When those avoidable deaths of young Israelis start being reported in the next round of hostilities, I hope you remember that you were happy to choose the bad publicity.

How will "future" IDF soldiers die due to "the current PR disaster"? That does not compute. The Palestinians have been conducting terrorist attacks for many decades. The latest conflict will make little difference on their side.
However Israel got rid of the tunnels into their territory and destroyed lots of rockets. The defensive blockade and Egyptian disgust with Hamas will make it very difficult for them to rearm.

In Germany last month, molotov cocktails were lobbed into the Bergische synagogue in Wuppertal previously destroyed on Kristallnacht and a Berlin imam, Abu Bilal Ismail, called on Allah to "destroy the Zionist Jews.

Well UG, if you are complaining about stones and molotov cocktails being thrown at synagogues I would hate for you to have to spend the night in Gaza.

There is a war in Gaza, due to thousands of rockets being fired into Israel.
However, all over Europe, anti-Semites are crawling out of the woodwork and from under rocks to slander and attack Jews, simply because of their religion.These hateful, anti-Semitic protests are obscene. Edited by Ulysses G.

If they had stuck around, they would have all ended up being gassed. Now THAT Is "Disgusting"! bah.gif

Gassed in 1945 after the war ended?  and in 1946? 1947?  

Virtually no aid was given to Jews wishing to return to their pre-war homes - they were shipped out enmasse - from the camps to Israel.  Never seeing their old homes again.

Actually, a number of Jews were murdered for trying to claim their homes. They would have preferred to stay in Europe, but they were given little choice, but to emigrate. 

“I especially will not tolerate criticism of my country at a time when Israeli soldiers are dying so that innocent Palestinians can live.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/robert-fisk-if-the-nobel-peace-prize-can-be-handed-to-obama-why-not-hand-it-to-the-israeli-defence-force-9660158.html

Were these the same soldiers from "the most moral army in the world" who last week..

Palestinians returning home find Israeli troops left faeces and venomous graffiti
Ahmed Owedat also found soldiers had thrown his TVs, fridge, and computers from upstairs windows and slashed furniture
...and looted his money

UG, what do you honestly expect?

I don't expect Europeans to attack Jews and scream "Heil Hitler" at them simply because of their religion and THAT is what they are doing. The anti-Semitic protests are fueling this behavior. 

Criticism of Israel's policies is legitimate, but attacking synagogues and Jewish institutions is "vile, contemptible racism."
http://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish-News/Guardian-slams-rise-in-anti-Semitism-as-Europe-anger-over-Gaza-operation-grows-370662

Wjta%20British%20antiSemitism.jpg

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

In Germany last month, molotov cocktails were lobbed into the Bergische synagogue in Wuppertal previously destroyed on Kristallnacht and a Berlin imam, Abu Bilal Ismail, called on Allah to "destroy the Zionist Jews.

There is a war in Gaza, due to thousands of rockets being fired into Israel.

Wrong!...misinformation yet again! 

...the 1000s of rockets came after Netanyahu's provocation on 12 June smashing up Palestinian homes and rounding up hundreds of Hamas members on the pretext that they all knew something about the whereabouts of 3 Israeli teenagers who Shin Bet knew were already dead at the hands of two psychopaths. 

In the 6 weeks prior to 12 June  a mere 5 rockets had fallen harmlessly, despite Israel's continued provocation with 5 targeted assassinations during the same period. 

Check the facts here folks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel,_2014

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israeli_assassinations

But you and Mark Regev can believe your own fantasies if you like, UG.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Abraham Lincoln

• Like 2

I don't expect Europeans to attack Jews and scream "Heil Hitler" at them simply because of their religion and THAT is what they are doing. The anti-Semitic protests are fueling this behavior. 

Criticism of Israel's policies is legitimate, but attacking synagogues and Jewish institutions is "vile, contemptible racism."
http://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish-News/Guardian-slams-rise-in-anti-Semitism-as-Europe-anger-over-Gaza-operation-grows-370662

See post 900.

Again, you are complaining about badly chalked racist slurs on walls while the Zionists continue to kill women and children today. 400 plus children so far and you are complaining about people screaming Hiel Hitler! Take a reality check please.

• Like 1

Graffiti left by Israeli soldiers at the home of an innocent Palestinian man. Photo taken from one of the links to The Guardian newspaper (quoted above). 

Graffiti-in-Palestinians--011.jpg

The murdering Israeli soldiers have written "GOOD ARAB = DEAD ARAB".

Edited by DaveWalsh
  • Like 1

More proof that Israel is the one that uses civilians as shields

Euro-mid are proven liars. They fabricated data and counted Hamas terrorists as "children" killed in Gaza. Who believes this kind of false propaganda? 

These are not simply mistakes. The inclusion of all these names in this glossy, professional report is meant to serve only one purpose - to demonize Israel as much as possible. Very few people would question a report that looks as slick as this one does, replete with photos of the dead, and even fewer would bother doing research to see if it is accurate. The prestigious-sounding name of the NGO, its Geneva address, and the trappings of professionalism, together with an audience that is already predisposed to believe the worst of Israel, together creates a culture where anti-Israel "researchers" can lie with impunity and with little worry about being exposed.

http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2012/12/euro-mid-ngo-fabricates-data-counts.html#.U-hSU-W7ffI

The NGO itself is more than sketchy. I could not find out the sources of funding for the Euro-Mid Observer for Human Rights, and its webpage doesn't even list the names of its founders or leaders. A press release mentions Dr. Ramy Abdu as the chairman of its board of directors, and he is also the head of the Council for European Palestinian Relations, which exists purely to pressure Europe to pressure Israel. The Twitter account of Euro-Mid says explicitly that the purpose of this report is to kick off an international campaign against Israel.

Were these the same soldiers from "the most moral army in the world" who last week..

Palestinians returning home find Israeli troops left faeces and venomous graffiti
Ahmed Owedat also found soldiers had thrown his TVs, fridge, and computers from upstairs windows and slashed furniture
...and looted his money

Well ..at least they are not dragging decapitated corpses behind their motorbikes as Hamas does.

The IDF has no time for that ..gotta move onto the next kill...they just take souvenir snaps of their victims' corpses.

http://www.breakingthesilence.org.il/testimonies/database/64572

Who knows what other atrocities and obscenities the IDF may have committed... Israel won't allowed its soldiers to be interviewed...and the USA will veto any war crimes investigations.

It takes the courage of a few righteous Israelis to Break the Silence.

http://www.breakingthesilence.org.il/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_the_Silence_(non-governmental_organization)

You mean graffiti in the middle of a war zone in reference to the enemy? whistling.gif

That is a little different than attacking people for being Jewish in the suburbs of Paris and in yelling "Heil Hitler" at Jews in Manchester. rolleyes.gif

A demonstration in Sarcelles, 19 miles from Paris, quickly turned volatile last month when protesters set cars aflame, smashed the windows of Jewish shops and threw Molotov cocktails at two synagogues.

"The attacks against the synagogues of Sarcelles and Roquette were especially shocking," Cukierman said. "Sarcelles is a symbol. Jews, Muslims and Christians of the popular classes live there together. When it was attacked, it was an attack against the harmony that had been created between the different cultures."

Anti-Semitic hate speech and attacks in Germany have left some Jews wondering whether they are welcome.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/08/09/anti-semitism-europe/13662903/

Edited by Ulysses G.

Graffiti left by Israeli soldiers at the home of an innocent Palestinian man. Photo taken from one of the links to The Guardian newspaper (quoted above). 

This is what the lucky few that have a home in those areas to return to are greeted with.
It is also popular for the Israeli soldiers to smeer their feeces on the homes walls. Nice bunch of moral soldiers these guys.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 2

More proof that Israel is the one that uses civilians as shields

Euro-mid are proven liars. They fabricated data and counted Hamas terrorists as "children" killed in Gaza. Who believes this kind of false propaganda? 

These are not simply mistakes. The inclusion of all these names in this glossy, professional report is meant to serve only one purpose - to demonize Israel as much as possible. Very few people would question a report that looks as slick as this one does, replete with photos of the dead, and even fewer would bother doing research to see if it is accurate. The prestigious-sounding name of the NGO, its Geneva address, and the trappings of professionalism, together with an audience that is already predisposed to believe the worst of Israel, together creates a culture where anti-Israel "researchers" can lie with impunity and with little worry about being exposed.

http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2012/12/euro-mid-ngo-fabricates-data-counts.html#.U-hSU-W7ffI

The NGO itself is more than sketchy. I could not find out the sources of funding for the Euro-Mid Observer for Human Rights, and its webpage doesn't even list the names of its founders or leaders. A press release mentions Dr. Ramy Abdu as the chairman of its board of directors, and he is also the head of the Council for European Palestinian Relations, which exists purely to pressure Europe to pressure Israel. The Twitter account of Euro-Mid says explicitly that the purpose of this report is to kick off an international campaign against Israel.

There really is no hope! You claim Euro-Mid are proven liars and as your evidence you  link to the Israeli propaganda site Elders of Ziyon. Shame on you.