Applied for a 6 month tourist visa from the Consulate in Hull. Was emailed that although they are issuing them they are not permitted to post them. The London embassy can post them apparently. I am in Hampshire so it will be a road trip to Hull for me in a week or so. I asked about the in/out rule at road border crossings and the lady told me it is no problem if you have evidence of a return flight.

The procedure for getting a visa from the Thai Embassy in London is now exactly the same as it was for Hull. You fill in the form and enclose a £35 postal order. The Embassy gives you the visa and uses the £10 extra you paid to send it back to you by Special Delivery. I spoke to and emailed them last week and they confirmed this is what now happens.

Why don't you just apply by post to the embassy and save yourself the trip to Hull?

Or simply hop on an SWT train and go to the Embassy in person? Alight at Clapham Junction (if your train stops there) and the no.49 bus will take you more or less straight there, I believe.

Edited by OJAS

Why don't you just apply by post to the embassy and save yourself the trip to Hull?

Or simply hop on an SWT train and go to the Embassy in person? Alight at Clapham Junction (if your train stops there) and the no.49 bus will take you more or less straight there, I believe.

You'd need to do two trips - one to hand the application in and another the following day to pick your passport up.

You'd need to do two trips - one to hand the application in and another the following day to pick your passport up.

Tourist visas are done within the hour, post to London is the easiest option though.

"1. The Embassy is open for Visa application from Monday - Friday from 09.00 - 12.30 hrs, the last appointment ticket is issued at 12pm. (except for Embassy's public holiday). No appointment is required. It takes 1 working day to process a visa.

2. Successful applicants can collect their passport and visa from 11.00 - 12.00 hrs., 1 day after the date of their application. Anyone with the receipt can collect visa on behalf of applicants."

I've been emailing the embassy in London they told me to get a Visa even though I'm staying for 3 weeks and have return flight back. So confused because hull told me I'll.be fine, what to do? I've got visas in my passport from the past visits but now only doing a holiday! Do I get a Visa or leave it and get a 30 day stamp?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 7.5A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've been emailing the embassy in London they told me to get a Visa even though I'm staying for 3 weeks and have return flight back. So confused because hull told me I'll.be fine, what to do? I've got visas in my passport from the past visits but now only doing a holiday! Do I get a Visa or leave it and get a 30 day stamp?

The embassy in London is not known to give good advice or to be a good source of information.

You can make your trip without a visa. You will the get the normal 30 day visa exempt entry without a problem.

"1. The Embassy is open for Visa application from Monday - Friday from 09.00 - 12.30 hrs, the last appointment ticket is issued at 12pm. (except for Embassy's public holiday). No appointment is required. It takes 1 working day to process a visa.

2. Successful applicants can collect their passport and visa from 11.00 - 12.00 hrs., 1 day after the date of their application. Anyone with the receipt can collect visa on behalf of applicants."

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/60

Visa applications by hand can be submitted at the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull between 09:30 and 16:00 Monday to Friday (except UK national holidays).

Tourist visas are usually processed within one hour. It is not necessary to arrange an appointment.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

The embassy in London is not known to give good advice or to be a good source of information.

You can make your trip without a visa. You will the get the normal 30 day visa exempt entry without a problem.

Yea well that's what I thought but with all the carry on going on, I thought I'd ask, I didn't want to get turned away because I have back to back TV in my passport, but I didn't see the point in getting a Visa for 3 weeks, pretty disappointed about London embassy, for it being the main one anyway.

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/60

Visa applications by hand can be submitted at the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull between 09:30 and 16:00 Monday to Friday (except UK national holidays).

Tourist visas are usually processed within one hour. It is not necessary to arrange an appointment.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

I was replying to these posts which specifically talk about the Embassy in London:

"Why don't you just apply by post to the embassy and save yourself the trip to Hull?

Or simply hop on an SWT train and go to the Embassy in person? Alight at Clapham Junction (if your train stops there) and the no.49 bus will take you more or less straight there, I believe. "

• Like 1