Street Racers arrested and vehicles seized by Police and Navy in Central Pattaya

webfact

Street Racers arrested and vehicles seized by Police and Navy in Central Pattaya

race-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Sunday, Pattaya Police in conjunction with the Royal Thai Navy received information of a gathering of modified vehicles in Central Pattaya and went to investigate.

A total of 11 vehicles were seized and 11 drivers aged between 20 and 27 were arrested after it became evident that a street race had been organized and attempts to illegally close the road were made prior to the authorities arriving.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/135700/street-racers-arrested-and-vehicles-seized-by-police-and-navy-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-07-21

• Like 1

I hate these idiots.

Confiscate their vehicles and send them to auction to cover the costs of road safety in Thailand.

That'll put a stop to it.

... and while they're at it, arrest those bloody gangs of 'dek wan' riding around at night, steeling bikes, causing accidents and popping wheelies everywhere. lol

Wow, they must have been buzzing. Let’s close down a street and have a race. The adrenalin rush would be off the limit, and then just getting organized and the Police and Army start chasing you all over the place. And if they are caught and charged they become a hero. What great imagination and guts these guys have.

My mates and I used to do exactly the same in the UK. The excitement was brilliant. And the girls loved to watch ……………………..just a different prospective

About time !

These morons are a danger to not only themselves, but many innocent people as well.

Take away the license ( if they have one ) fine them 20,000 Baht and burn there vehicles on a big pire at the front of Walking for all the world to see

• Like 2

They had an article on street racing about a year ago in BK Post. Had the photo of a beautiful 18 yr old girl who bluntly stated: "The winner gets to date me for a week until the next race." Looking at her picture, that would definitely have been an incentive for them. wink.png

• Like 1

Wow, they must have been buzzing. Let’s close down a street and have a race. The adrenalin rush would be off the limit, and then just getting organized and the Police and Army start chasing you all over the place. And if they are caught and charged they become a hero. What great imagination and guts these guys have.

My mates and I used to do exactly the same in the UK. The excitement was brilliant. And the girls loved to watch ……………………..just a different prospective

Truth is not above the law when it comes to social disorder. This is my perspective not prospective!

The truth is, and I know that from one of the racers in the province that I live in, that they pay the police to allow it for about 2 hours. Kinda like renting the road for 2 to 3 hours, here usually from midnight to 2 or 3 am......

It's all about the money....... as usual, without the navy, Pattaya police would probably hadn't done anything at all !

Edited by likewise

Looks like 3rd Rd between Tai and Klang.

Amazing they are so arrogant as to try and block off such a main and central Rd.

They are so self focused.

Jomtiem 2nd Rd or Hwy 36 would have been more discreet.