How long I have to stay abroad to re-enter Thailand

My visa history in this order: I had several in-out visa exempts, then Tourist visa doublentry. and then another Tourist visa doublentry. So total about 2 years in Thailand with out leaving.

But now I have stayed 5 months in my home country. Is that enough or should i stay longer?

Is is worth trying to fly to Bangkok or are they just refusing my entry an lockin me up in IDC to wait returning flight even if I have onward flight within 30 days.

If they refuse me do they have right to send me back home, or can I choose to fly to KL or Pnhom Penh. After all I'm not criminal or anything so shouldn't it be my choice?

My purpose of trip is to have holiday in Pattaya and after to get a visa, or to go Cambodia etc.

There is no set time for how long you need to stay away. Even 1 day if you want.

Getting a tourist visa in your home country would better because it allows you to stay up to 90 days without leaving country.

Don't assume, you should ask them.

Or you could fly to Kuala Lumpur that doesn't even require a visa, get your tourist visa there, then continue to Bangkok, or Phuket.

In the past I did the mistake of using visa exempt entries just to find myself spending time and money and being uncomfortable to do a visa or border runs.

Jaakko, you did not mention your home country or your nationality, but generally I see no reason why you should not be given a new tourist visa.

I'm from Sweden.

I believe embassies are very reluctant to issue tourist visas if you already had them recently. I thought I'd have best luck getting one fom Savannekhet. but if not, I can always go visit some other country. Plus Thailand is now denying entry from people with tourist visas too, so it guarantees nothing.

But the main question is. Is 5 months enough or am I still seen as a back to back "visa/visa exempt abuser" because of my history.

Jaakko, you did not mention your home country or your nationality, but generally I see no reason why you should not be given a new tourist visa.

I'm from Sweden.

I believe embassies are very reluctant to issue tourist visas if you already had them recently. I thought I'd have best luck getting one fom Savannekhet. but if not, I can always go visit some other country. Plus Thailand is now denying entry from people with tourist visas too, so it guarantees nothing.

Not true, people with tourist visa is not refused entry.

But the main question is. Is 5 months enough or am I still seen as a back to back "visa/visa exempt abuser" because of my history.

As said before, you should ask your embassy. Nobody here can answer for them.

Jaako, Can I ask why you believe that tourist visa's are hard to obtain in a short time scale? I am in a similar situation and thanks to Paz' advice, have emailed the UK consulate for clarification. I cannot find any information about the timescale before applying successfully for a new tourist visa. I have a UK income so am not working illegally but wish to return to continue time as a tourist. I am currently in Thailand and the information here is less than plentiful. Hopefully my demonstration of UK income should help support my legal tourism but am now awaiting the reply from the consulate to confirm this.

I'm from Sweden.

You are wrong, several people have been send back even wih tourist visa. You can read more about those here in thaivisa. If you stay long in thailand, they think you are working. They dont let you in, Having tourist visa wont make any difference.

Jaako, Can I ask why you believe that tourist visa's are hard to obtain in a short time scale?

I read here on thaivisa that many embassies dont issue tourist visas if you had many previous visas. Kuala lumpur, Vientiane and many more. I already have 2 back to back tourist visas from Vientiane.

You are wrong, several people have been send back even wih tourist visa. You can read more about those here in thaivisa. If you stay long in thailand, they think you are working. They dont let you in, Having tourist visa wont make any difference.

No reports. Few were asked to show money on land borders in South, that was some days ago already.

Anyway, I gain nothing from telling you this. Feel free to live in fear.

Thanks guys, I only have my first Visa, plus a 13 day entry last year. I believe then that returning to the Uk and requesting a new tourist Visa would seem possible - added with the demonstration that I have UK income, Again thou, I will await a response from the UK consulate to confirm this.

• Like 1

No reports. Few were asked to show money on land borders in South, that was some days ago already.

Anyway, I gain nothing from telling you this. Feel free to live in fear.

No reports? http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/743066-scores-of-foreigners-refused-entry-to-thailand-at-malaysian-border/

"SONGKHLA:-- More than 100 foreign nationals per month are being refused entry to Thailand despite having valid tourist visas, according to a senior Immigration official at the Sadao border checkpoint."

• Like 1

Also, if Thai consulate UK issue a new Tourist visa, I should return with the equivalent of 45,000 Baht, Plus evidence of regular transfers or 45000 Baht per month - hopefully demonstrating the necessary funds to visit as a tourist

• Like 1

100 per month, 3.3 a day. Out of thousands a day. Including visa exempt runner that are told to get a visa instead. And Sadao is not BKK.

Anyway, it's pointless to debate with people like you. You need to hear what you wanted so:

- It's very possible that you refuse a visa in your home country.

- Even with a visa, there is no guarantee whatsoever you will be admitted.

Given these consideration, why don't you do yourself a favor, stay home or go another place.

• Like 2

100 per month, 3.3 a day. Out of thousands a day. Including visa exempt runner that are told to get a visa instead. And Sadao is not BKK.

Anyway, it's pointless to debate with people like you. You need to hear what you wanted so:

- It's very possible that you refuse a visa in your home country.

- Even with a visa, there is no guarantee whatsoever you will be admitted.

Given these consideration, why don't you do yourself a favor, stay home or go another place.

Those 100 per month are pre "crackdown" numbers. We are living totally different times now, in case you havent realized yet.

Anyway, it's pointless to debate with people like you, who give disinformation, and after beeing corrected start making excuses how somehow you werent wrong.

Is it so hard to admit that you just simply were wrong? Why dont you do us a favor and stop posting in thaivisa, if your attitude is like the message above.

Basicly nothing that has happend before means anything. Its all different now. We need new experiences how things are run now. Hopefully there is some thaivisa members that have had similiar situation with me and is kind enough to share they experience. Those are the kind of things I would like to hear.

Edited by Jaakko
  • Like 2

It has already happened at some land border entry points in the south and recently apparently also at Krabi airport, and it remains to be seen what happens nationwide starting 12 August. It all depends on the guidelines that immigration officers will be given as to when to suspect that a traveller may be working illegally in Thailand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You should get a tourist visa before traveling. The embassy or consulate will not refuse it because you have had previous tourist visas.

The only reports of a embassy putting a time period out of the country was in France and that is 90 days.

The people turned back at the southern borders had a long history of recent visa exempt and tourist visa entries. You will not have a problem entering the country with your visa.

• Like 2

Not true, people with tourist visa is not refused entry

You should have had "that they got in their home country"

and you may have been right at nearly 100% :-)

but you are wrong for TV from nearby countries.

I'm from Sweden.

In Sweden it's easy to get a new tourist visa. Both in Stockholm and Gothenburg. Especially when you have been home for 5 months. You can also get the double or triple entry visa without any problem. The only thing you need to show is a return ticket Edited by larsjohnsson

I'm from Sweden.

I was out 8 months and they didn't like it. Fly to a nearby ASEAN city to be on safe side.

I'm from Sweden.

I was out 8 months and they didn't like it. Fly to a nearby ASEAN city to be on safe side.

Where and when? Were you denied a visa?

I'm from Sweden.

I have seen all your posts do I don't belive a word from you.

There will be no problem getting the visa in Sweden. And no problem arriving at the Bangkok airport with a real visa after spending half a year in Sweden

Edited by larsjohnsson

I dont think I can get a new Tourist visa from my home country, since it would be my third one in short time. New passport might do the trick, but they can still see my history from computers.

If the Thai Embassy in Sweden won't issue a Tourist Visa, ask them for a Transit Visa since you are planning on staying less than 30 days.

I don't know if they will issue it or not, since EU citizens can enter using the 30 day exemption in lieu of the Transit visa. They may also want to see your travel itinerary (showing the return trip's date).

Why would the OP want a tourist visa when he has no plans to stay more than 30 days?

I believe a Swede is entitled to 30-day visa exempt, and in most cases if you tell the embassy that you're going to stay for less than 30 days, the embassy will tell you it's not necessary to apply a tourist visa.

I spent ten days in Thailand in Feb 2014. Next week I return for ten days.

So, some are suggesting (from previous examples and scenarios) I could be refused entry using visa exempt and I should apply for a tourist visa?