Dodgy retirement visa, opinions please.....

This has been going on for a long time. It does make you wonder, with the on-going changes with immigration policies, especially with regard to reducing the criminal element from foreigners staying long term. If loopholes like this are left unplugged, likely endorsed by members of the very department implementing the changes, house cleaning comes to mind.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So when I get my non 0, is that a 'full page visa' stuck in my passport? Then the extension of stay with be just a simple stamp?

A visa will be a full page sticker.

For retirement extension it will be about a third of a page.

For all the stamps for an extension based upon marriage will be about a full page of stamps. But if you were short of space they could put them on separate pages.

So when I get my non 0, is that a 'full page visa' stuck in my passport? Then the extension of stay with be just a simple stamp?

For all the stamps for an extension based upon marriage will be about a full page of stamps. But if you were short of space they could put them on separate pages.

Thanks Joe. I have plenty of space in my passport. No visa exempts. As to my original question in the start of this thread, the guy I met, as I remember it, the stamp was much smaller than a 1/3rd of the page. It was triangular shaped, maybe 1/10th of the page..

The bank letters MAY NOT be fake. Just not the visa applicants money! My understanding (although not in depth) is the companies put the money into the applicants account to obtain the visa!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Money must be in the account in the applicants name for the correct amount of time.

It can be legal, if a combination is made of money in the bank and yearly income as in the case of combnation no seasoning of money is required. But I have not heard of anyone being asked to also supply proof of income when using such agencies.

Not so long ago there was a report from 1 , backed up by another person same story , that they beeing warned that next time they come for Retirement extension money must be Seasoned 3 month's....(.new rule )., by my question about that the answer on it, i got it, became then 2 months and this was COMBINATION methode he used not the Full 800 000

Tittle of his post was " minor changes on retirement extension "

The answermake me direct make needed transfering to be ok for the last 19 days before Stamp ends !

And now you are saying no need for seasoning ?? i know this is Thailand but answer is very confusing now !

Link to the post i mensioning !! :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/743309-minor-change-on-1-year-retirement-extension-of-stay/

Edited by david555

The extension of stay stamp is not triangular shaped. That sounds like a departure stamp.

An extension stamp say the name of the immigration office that did it and a line that sayd extension of stay to and the date. Plus most have info about 90 day reports and re-entry permits.

The extension of stay stamp is not triangular shaped. That sounds like a departure stamp.

An extension stamp say the name of the immigration office that did it and a line that sayd extension of stay to and the date. Plus most have info about 90 day reports and re-entry permits.

It was certainly triangular shaped and from Bangkok, with March 2015 on it, blue. I don't remember the exact date. He has no sheet/info about the 90 day reporting and when I asked him about that he wasn't concerned as he said the maximum penalty is 5000 baht. I'll send him a message and see if he'll send me a photo of it.

Joe, as you mentioned the 90 report. My ED visa expires on the 8th August, the school course is completed. I am supposed to report my address at immigration 30th of this month. I went into Walen school today and they told me I don't need to do the final report, just go and apply for the non 0. Can you shed any light on this please?

The school also gave me a stamped letter stating I've finished the course.

It was certainly triangular shaped and from Bangkok, with March 2015 on it, blue. I don't remember the exact date. He has no sheet/info about the 90 day reporting and when I asked him about that he wasn't concerned as he said the maximum penalty is 5000 baht. I'll send him a message and see if he'll send me a photo of it.

Joe, as you mentioned the 90 report. My ED visa expires on the 8th August, the school course is completed. I am supposed to report my address at immigration 30th of this month. I went into Walen school today and they told me I don't need to do the final report, just go and apply for the non 0. Can you shed any light on this please?

When do you plan on leaving for the non-o?

Unless you were applying for another extension they will never notice you failed to make a report.

When do you plan on leaving for the non-o?

Unless you were applying for another extension they will never notice you failed to make a report.

That's what the school was trying to tell me, I'm going for the non 0 30th July, (assumable I can give them all the papers for the extension at the same time) But I was supposed to report at Chiang Mai on the 30th, if I don't really need to then I'll go for the non 0 at Chiang Sean instead.

For my non imm O's.. Visas or extensions.. All have been stamps not stickers.

Last one was a few years back tho.. Has this changed ??

The embassies and official consulates have been doing stickers for a long time now (6 years or more). Some honorary consulates may still be doing stamps but the most recent ones I have seen scans/phots of have been stickers.

Pattaya Immigration extension of stay official stamps description -

Blue Rectangular stamp showing the start and expiration date of the type O 90 days visa, then below that is the stamp for 12 months extension of stay showing the start date 2014 and end date 2015 - it also includes text detailing the 90 day report and if you leave Thailand getting a re-entry permit, both these stamps near enough take up a full passport page

There is no triangular stamp (standard border stamp) as I did not leave and re-enter Thailand, my guess would be your friend has paid for a bogus fake triangular stamp that simply has a date on it and means absolutely nothing, and strictly speaking if his visa expired he is now on overstay from that date

maybe he is looking on the wrong page

Edited by smedly

Pattaya Immigration extension of stay official stamps description -

Blue Rectangular stamp showing the start and expiration date of the type O 90 days visa, then below that is the stamp for 12 months extension of stay showing the start date 2014 and end date 2015 - it also includes text detailing the 90 day report and if you leave Thailand getting a re-entry permit, both these stamps near enough take up a full passport page

There is no triangular stamp (standard border stamp) as I did not leave and re-enter Thailand, my guess would be your friend has paid for a bogus fake triangular stamp that simply has a date on it and means absolutely nothing, and strictly speaking if his visa expired he is now on overstay from that date

maybe he is looking on the wrong page

That's what I'm trying to figure out (Bogus or not), I only glanced at it once. I was more surprised it was just a stamp. I'll look at it again in detail out of curiosity. Certainly wasn't the wrong page because I remember the date (March 2015)

All the talk on the thread about the visa company putting money in the account of the for the purpose of the retirement visa/extension. I wonder if these visa agents ever do this for the purpose of extensions based on marriage.........

a triangular single stamp with date is 100% wrong, it is bogus and he got ripped off, I am almost certain of that

If you are in receipt of a pension from home country as I am the bank money does not need to be seasoned, my single pension (not old enough for state pension still 12 years to wait) is 100kish short (62k Month) of the required yearly amount of 800k, but then I retired when I was 45

You go to a agency pay the money they then go to immo all above board except for the immo officer and the agent get rich quick.

... and during 1 year you pray for the Junta to not come see what this so advertise "easy retirement visa" business really is... rolleyes.gif

You go to a agency pay the money they then go to immo all above board except for the immo officer and the agent get rich quick.

All above board EXCEPT you haven't met the MFA criteria or evidenced the bank balance/income required.

These visas are for people who don't have the 800k to show.

The company that advertises these visas actually 'lends' the 800k to the applicant.

Of course they keep the bank book until the visa is sorted out.

It's totally legit afaik...the only murky point is that the applicant borrows the money from the company...for a fee

I don't think this is illegal....it's just a loophole that's been exploited.

I don't think it is illegal. Otherwise they would not openly advertise. There is nothing to stop anyone borrowing money from a bank for three months and putting it into thier account to show immigration. As said above the visa company does this instead of the bank.

I think the OP got his question answered, the rest of this thread is pointless

I have never heard of one person on a retirement extension in Thailand causing an issue - they are generally well behaved and the wise older folk that have been there done that - the Thai authorities are well aware and are definitely not targeting this group of people

so lets move on folks to something that actually matters

.......I have never heard of one person on a retirement extension in Thailand causing an issue - they are generally well behaved and the wise older folk that have been there done that......

smedly, you're being ironic, aren't you? If not, you haven't lived in Chiang Mai. People on retirement extensions can get into the same problems as younger folks, well maybe not as often, but they can still have bar fights, work illegally, get drunk and have car crashes, etc, etc. Stupid behavior doesn't end at age 50. Plus, as people age they are much more prone to health problems and can become a burden to Thai society if they have medical problems, are hospitalized and are unable to pay their medical bills. This is especially true of the crowd that plays games to get their retirement extensions because they don't have 800,000 baht savings or 65,000 baht monthly income.

• Like 2

The bank letters MAY NOT be fake. Just not the visa applicants money! My understanding (although not in depth) is the companies put the money into the applicants account to obtain the visa!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Money must be in the account in the applicants name for the correct amount of time.

It can be legal, if a combination is made of money in the bank and yearly income as in the case of combnation no seasoning of money is required. But I have not heard of anyone being asked to also supply proof of income when using such agencies.

So if someone had a low income, say the basic old age pension @23,000 baht a month. All they would need is a short term loan for say a few days of @ 520,000 baht to legally get their retirement extension. BTW doesn't apply to me just wondering.

Yes, that appears to be a loophole, and it probably will be closed when/if the current police order will be replaced. I suspect the seasoning will than be also be required for the combination method.

Proof of the transfer from your home country account could be also a proof using your own money (for examle)

home country bank statement copy's could prouve you are using your own money, that way seasoning should not be needed to close that loophole ..

Edited by david555

.......I have never heard of one person on a retirement extension in Thailand causing an issue - they are generally well behaved and the wise older folk that have been there done that......

smedly, you're being ironic, aren't you? If not, you haven't lived in Chiang Mai. People on retirement extensions can get into the same problems as younger folks, well maybe not as often, but they can still have bar fights, work illegally, get drunk and have car crashes, etc, etc. Stupid behavior doesn't end at age 50. Plus, as people age they are much more prone to health problems and can become a burden to Thai society if they have medical problems, are hospitalized and are unable to pay their medical bills. This is especially true of the crowd that plays games to get their retirement extensions because they don't have 800,000 baht savings or 65,000 baht monthly income.

I have seen a fair few over 50's committing crimes in Thailand thinking they could continue their past in the present - they were all caught and were all on overstay

I still have never once come across one of these mythical falangs that have not paid a medical bill and even if such people had money in the bank there is nothing forcing them to use it

You NancyL seem to think you know everything that is going on around you - I have my doubts