Dodgy retirement visa, opinions please.....

Yes, that appears to be a loophole, and it probably will be closed when/if the current police order will be replaced. I suspect the seasoning will than be also be required for the combination method.

what bothers me about this whole thing is why they make it so difficult for folks, I have in excess of 5 million baht tied up in investments, I also have a sizeable private pension, the investments are my long term nest egg and I prefer not to touch them as do many others I know - how difficult would it be for an Embassy to confirm your net worth based on statements as they do for annual income - this would remove the need for anyone to have to go near a Thai bank - and quite frankly I don't trust them, there have been too many horror stories in the past of falangs losing large amounts of money and unable to claim it back - and my own opinion is that they were inside jobs - it doesn't affect me to any great extent but I know of those that it does, there are also those that have invested in property here and that is also not considered

There are also the critical crowd here that have put money in a Thai bank and their attitude is - well if I had to do it then so should others - butt out an mind your own business

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread I read it with interest. Thanks the mods for letting it run.

I can only hope that authorities will also have a closer look into Retirement and whatever Extensions as well.

Or would you say that attached page 1 from a bank booklet (not mine be assured) where THB 800000 got deposited and withdrawn the same day and led automatically to a Retirement Extension is fair, correct and legal ?

post-24939-0-04627900-1406092526_thumb.j

The rules state that money in the bank must be there for 2 months for the first extension and 3 months every extension after that. Only for the combinaiton of income and money in the bank is no seasoning required.

Any extension that would not meet that requirement would be suspicious to say the least.

The rules state that money in the bank must be there for 2 months for the first extension and 3 months every extension after that. Only for the combinaiton of income and money in the bank is no seasoning required.

Any extension that would not meet that requirement would be suspicious to say the least.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/743309-minor-change-on-1-year-retirement-extension-of-stay/ !!!!! ????

This report consider a Combination methode , new rules !! Or pre release from the 12 august ..??

Edited by david555

Can't tell. But the person was not denied his extension and have not seen any other reports.

The rule are given in the police order and can only be changed with a new police order.

I have little doubt that if the police order gets changed, seasoning of the money in the bank in case of a combinaiton will be required.

This thread I read it with interest. Thanks the mods for letting it run.

I can only hope that authorities will also have a closer look into Retirement and whatever Extensions as well.

Or would you say that attached page 1 from a bank booklet (not mine be assured) where THB 800000 got deposited and withdrawn the same day and led automatically to a Retirement Extension is fair, correct and legal ?

why does it even interest you, it is not your business to butt your nose in

This is bred from pure jealousy of small minded people that can't have someone getting something more than them

There is no criminality here - nobody is harming anyone, leave it alone and mind your own business, if Thailand wants to act then it is up to them not up to you

These visas are for people who don't have the 800k to show.

The company that advertises these visas actually 'lends' the 800k to the applicant.

Of course they keep the bank book until the visa is sorted out.

It's totally legit afaik...the only murky point is that the applicant borrows the money from the company...for a fee

I don't think this is illegal....it's just a loophole that's been exploited.

I don't think it is illegal. Otherwise they would not openly advertise. There is nothing to stop anyone borrowing money from a bank for three months and putting it into thier account to show immigration. As said above the visa company does this instead of the bank.

This reasoning is flawed here, for many illegal items and activities there is open advertising.