Stakes are huge if Yingluck goes to trial

webfact

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, editorial should have scrapped this article, as it could be deemed to be in contempt of the court, the message is to attack the judgment of the courts , you are applying pressure once again, like in the PTP days, whinging and whining about public figures being hard done by , Yingluck will get what's she deserves nothing more , nothing less, anything else is subject to the courts, not a trial by mediabah.gif

Also this will set a precedent. If she is not found guilty it will open the flood gates for chair people of all commissions to not have to be responsible for what the commission does.

Stakes are even huger (bigger?) if Yingluck does not go to trial! Most of the world had publically condemned the coup but in private condone it. If Yingluck is seen to have been given a free pass then their opinion will no doubt change.

Why should she come back?To stand trial in front of handpicked judges,handpicked by the people who kicked her out in the first place?Same happened with her brother.First they kicked him out of office,then the same people trialed him.In Thailand a government what wants to cut power of army or royalists and BKK elite will never succeed.I don't say she is not guilty,but why people like Suthep not stand trial for land scam,palm oil scam and and?

He wasn't the frickin PM..they were!!! Hands in the cookie jar whilst right in the spotlight. Epidemic graft on a devastating level. Suicides among victims of the rice scheme left with nothing, while her and her brother run around shamelessly. Out of some 15th century Chinese tyrant family.

You covered all the bases there on your trendy pro-red post: royalist, elite..you just forgot 'fascist' thought I'd throw that in to help you keep it hip! haha.

Good point,some people in Thailand still live in past with sakdina system,but now is 2557Bkk,not sukothai anymore.I can't cover everything,because if I do I will get kicked out from TV and end up in prison.You and others here can complain,defame and insult as much u want without worry to get punished.I'm not sure if my post is pro red,I would say it's more a logical post with a lot of truth inside

Not sure if the judges are hand picked by the NCPO.

But her brother was the owner of the party that tried him and convicted him. It was not a government seeking reconciliation that convicted him. It was his own party that found itself in such an obvious position of a crime being committed that they could not get out of it that even though it was the guy signing their paychecks they still had to prosecute him and no choice with the over whelming evidence convict him. He had not one shred of evidence in defense other wise he would have appealed the judgment.

• Like 1

Personal gains do not have to be "Money". There are many other gains that politicians receive by spreading vast amounts of Government money around. It is sometimes referred to as Political Capital.

In layman's terms, just Vote Buying on a massive scale.

As chairperson of the National Rice Policy Committee, the then-premier clearly shares responsibility. Nevertheless, turning a blinded eye to corruption and being negligent in one's duties are not the same things.

Fundamentally flawed logic.

Her failing to be diligent is precisely what being negligent is.

Is it a criminal offence though? This is not a simple case that can be solved in a moment. They need to garner a huge amount of evidence and testimony to prove exactly what Yingluck was told .

I somehow doubt they have it, and the whole thing might descend into farce. If this becomes "we all know that she should have known" as evidence, it will lose all credibility

• Like 1

They've got the woman out of their hair. Bringing her back and jailing her would not only inflame the red shirts, but also cost Thailand yet more brownie points with the international community. Right now Yingluck is in a serious bind, facing prosecution if she returns and the loss of her passport if she breaks her promise to the regime and doesn't. It's starting to look awfully like game, set and match to the generals.

Actually the courts need to act in accordance with the rule of law, and not be swayed by media or public opinion like this.

I seem to recall a PT minister last year proudly proclaiming that Thailand was not ruled by the rule of law, but by political science. This, I think, is where the military junta really need to be focusing their efforts.

• Like 1

Stakes are even huger (bigger?) if Yingluck does not go to trial! Most of the world had publically condemned the coup but in private condone it. If Yingluck is seen to have been given a free pass then their opinion will no doubt change.

Why should she come back?

Because she promised she would. wink.png

Is she an untrustworthy liar? coffee1.gif

facepalm.giflaugh.pngcheesy.gifclap2.gif

As chairperson of the National Rice Policy Committee, the then-premier clearly shares responsibility. Nevertheless, turning a blinded eye to corruption and being negligent in one's duties are not the same things.

Is it a criminal offence though? This is not a simple case that can be solved in a moment. They need to garner a huge amount of evidence and testimony to prove exactly what Yingluck was told .

I somehow doubt they have it, and the whole thing might descend into farce. If this becomes "we all know that she should have known" as evidence, it will lose all credibility

In my opinion, she had to know about the significant losses, given the report by the Deputy Finance Permanent Secretary (Supa) for the first two harvests, showing much higher losses than they originally planned for. This report was leaked to the press.

However, is knowing about the losses malfeasance? It may be that the court also needs to prove that she knew about corruption, was in a position to stop it, but didn't because of possible benefits being gained (and not, necessarily by her). Supa's report also covered the potential for corruption taking place at many levels.

As PM, Chairperson of the Rice Committee, following this report what did she do to look into this situation? If nothing, why not?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

In my opinion, she had to know about the significant losses, given the report by the Deputy Finance Permanent Secretary (Supa) for the first two harvests, showing much higher losses than they originally planned for. This report was leaked to the press.

However, is knowing about the losses malfeasance? It may be that the court also needs to prove that she knew about corruption, was in a position to stop it, but didn't because of possible benefits being gained (and not, necessarily by her). Supa's report also covered the potential for corruption taking place at many levels.

As PM, Chairperson of the Rice Committee, following this report what did she do to look into this situation? If nothing, why not?

"It may be that the court also needs to prove that she knew about corruption,....."

Yingluck is a Shinawatra first and foremost. Saying the court needs to prove she knew about corruption is akin to proving Jack The Ripper knew a thing or two about sharp knives.

• Like 1

She will say that admitting to the rice market that the rice was getting damaged would cause more problems than being quiet.

National Anti-corruption Commission urging her prosecution on charges of corruption and dereliction of duty

Questions needed to be asked first.

1. Why did the NACC refuse other witnesses to testify? 3 if think, but correct me if I am wrong.

2. Once the Rice Farmers knew about this pledge, did they also Cheat by growing cheaper low grade rice without fertilisers ect., and/or saying it was 5% broken rice or better?

3. Why would anyone place Rice Pledged rice into Warehouses with old and rotten rice in the first place?

4. Are the Warehouse Owners not responsible for the storage and well keeping of such New Rice (as in the pledge) and not mixing it up with old and rotten rice?

5. We keep on reading reports, near on daily of missing, rotten, spoilt rice, as the real checks and balances are carried out, not good news by the way, is it?

So the bottom line is ............. who did it and when? coffee1.gif

Win facepalm.gif

She will say that admitting to the rice market that the rice was getting damaged would cause more problems than being quiet.

She can say anything, however, not even looking into it, other than reshuffling the whistleblower out of overseeing the accounting of the scheme points in a different direction. in addition, that report was early on. In 2013 she even said no rice was missing.

• Like 1

So how long is Yingluck going to stay out of town? Perhaps until the courts rule on the charges?

That is my view.

I do disagree about the stakes being huge, though. Whether she is shown to be guilty or not, I don't think Thaksin's agenda will change, nor do I think his local support will change their positions either.

So how long is Yingluck going to stay out of town? Perhaps until the courts rule on the charges?

Birthday boy's big party is on Saturday 26th, so perhaps she will need a week of Champs Elysees shopping and socializing after the fun.

Birthday boy's big party is on Saturday 26th, so perhaps she will need a week of Champs Elysees shopping and socializing after the fun.

My dear fellow; she plans to visit the UK and the States as well. So, it's Harrods, Bond St, Madison Avenue and Fifth Avenue.

The "Champion of the Poor" really is getting around while worrying about her rice farmers!

• Like 1

But don't you remember that she can't eat western food and that she had to survive on mama noodles on all of her many important visits to other countries.

But don't you remember that she can't eat western food and that she had to survive on mama noodles on all of her many important visits to other countries.

Huh; she can afford a top rated Thai Chef to follow her around if she wants and eat as much Thai food as required. However; she spent a fair amount of time in the US (apparently learning English ) so i'm sure she is familiar with the delights of Mc Donalds menu of death, Chances are that after a few months in exile she will have put on a few pounds.

If I was a betting man, I take the odds that Yingluck would go to Dubai (and stay) before ever going to trial.

It really would be best for all concerned if she did not come back to Thailand.

Thailand can then get on with the job of reconciliation, without more angst.

Huh; she can afford a top rated Thai Chef to follow her around if she wants and eat as much Thai food as required. However; she spent a fair amount of time in the US (apparently learning English ) so i'm sure she is familiar with the delights of Mc Donalds menu of death, Chances are that after a few months in exile she will have put on a few pounds.

I was referring to her PR people who not so long ago who said that the poor PM has to bring food from Thailand because she couldn't find anything to eat on her travels.