Au Bon Pain New Branch @ Index Furniture

OMGImInPattaya

Just a heads up that ABP bakery cafe has a new branch at the new Index Furniture store on Sukhumvit at the top of SSCC. This is a convenient location for Darksiders, who will no longer have to go all the way to the Avenue or Bangkok Pattaya Hospital branches. Also, for anyone who doesn't know already, the Royen Beach Road branch of ABP closed some time ago.

Wasn't it you that told us all that the new Index was going to be a hospital?? Your source was 'plugged into' the health scene pparantly. I hope this isn't the same person who has now told you about the new ABP!

I drove past there today and noticed ABP signage so looks correct........

Wasn't it you that told us all that the new Index was going to be a hospital?? Your source was 'plugged into' the health scene pparantly. I hope this isn't the same person who has now told you about the new ABP!

It was tongue in cheek mate, with reference to originally telling us all Index was going to be a hospital. Jeez.

• Like 1

It was tongue in cheek mate, with reference to originally telling us all Index was going to be a hospital. Jeez.

facepalm.gif

If you had used one of these I may have realised and saved us both the posts wai.gif

I knew someone would remember that blooper...yeah I'll cop to stepping in it on that one...I still give my source hell everytime we drive past the new "Index Hospital" and we have a good laugh.

• Like 1

I knew someone would remember that blooper...yeah I'll cop to stepping in it on that one...I still give my source hell everytime we drive past the new "Index Hospital" and we have a good laugh.

Haha! Good to see you took it in the spirit it was meant, unlike some of here who would have took it all the wrong way. We all call stuff wrong from time to time.

• Like 1

Its ideal indeed for us Darksiders but when will it be open, I did see the sign as well but it doesnt look they are ready for business yet.

Even noticed the entrance and exit are on the right side if you come from the SSCC exit towards Sukhumvit, no u-turns needed :)

• Like 1

I was also told it was going to be a Hospital, must have been the good old Pattaya Rumour Mill whistling.gif

Maybe the hospital is the huge parcel they have started working on the past few weeks just up from the new Index; or maybe it's going to be at the old Index location :)

• 1 month later...

This seems open now. Enjoy!

It's been open a couple weeks now; it's more of a mini-APB but they have all the basics. One thing I don't like is that it has an eastern exposure so is very bright in the morning and also gets a little toasty in there. Typical for Thailand, the chairs are chic and stylish but smallish and not very comfortable. Maybe best for takeaway or afternoon tea.

It's been open a couple weeks now; it's more of a mini-APB but they have all the basics. One thing I don't like is that it has an eastern exposure so is very bright in the morning and also gets a little toasty in there. Typical for Thailand, the chairs are chic and stylish but smallish and not very comfortable. Maybe best for takeaway or afternoon tea.

Oh no the sun is coming through the window, oh no the chairs aren't very comfortable....you gotta laugh. It's a sandwich shop in Pattaya you muppet, not the bloody Ritz in Montreal.

Edited by Pattaya Pat
  • Like 2

Oh no the sun is coming through the window, oh no the chairs aren't very comfortable....you gotta laugh. It's a sandwich shop in Pattaya you muppet, not the bloody Ritz in Montreal.

Call me a wuss if you like but when living just up from the equator, where he sun is very strong, and it's 90 degrees outside when I step outside at 9 a.m., yeah, I like to have my morning coffee in a cafe where I don't have to wear my sunglasses and the under-BTU'ed air-con system is having some affect on the ambient temperature. I also wouldn't mind a comfortable chair to sit in as well, I'm not asking for an OSIM massage chair or anything, just something similar to what they use at The Avenue branch.

If I was a muppet, are you saying I'd be Oscar The Grouch? I see myself as more cuddly Mr. Snuffleupagus :)

• Like 1

Call me a wuss if you like but when living just up from the equator, where he sun is very strong, and it's 90 degrees outside when I step outside at 9 a.m., yeah, I like to have my morning coffee in a cafe where I don't have to wear my sunglasses and the under-BTU'ed air-con system is having some affect on the ambient temperature. I also wouldn't mind a comfortable chair to sit in as well, I'm not asking for an OSIM massage chair or anything, just something similar to what they use at The Avenue branch.

If I was a muppet, are you saying I'd be Oscar The Grouch? I see myself as more cuddly Mr. Snuffleupagus smile.png

I'd say more like cookie monster, taking rather than giving.

muppet.jpg

If I was a muppet, are you saying I'd be Oscar The Grouch? I see myself as more cuddly Mr. Snuffleupagus smile.png

I'd say more like cookie monster, taking rather than giving.

muppet.jpg

An obvious photoshopped fake, we all know Ernie only has eyes for Bert.

My reading of the exit from the new Index Mall is very negative. If you're crossing to SSCC or southbound Sukhumvit, you sit looking straight at the SSCC through-median and face a long wait because you have to cross 4-5 lanes of F1 traffic, plus traffic coming off SSCC cutting in front of you because they can't behave as well as northbounders u-turning onto Suk. What a mess. It would almost be better to go north to the next far u-turn and come back.

Good to know ABP is operating. I like some of their food but the americano they serve up for 70 baht is pretty poor. I can't drink milk products. I've gotten much better at Benjamit for 45 baht.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

My reading of the exit from the new Index Mall is very negative. If you're crossing to SSCC or southbound Sukhumvit, you sit looking straight at the SSCC through-median and face a long wait because you have to cross 4-5 lanes of F1 traffic, plus traffic coming off SSCC cutting in front of you because they can't behave as well as northbounders u-turning onto Suk. What a mess. It would almost be better to go north to the next far u-turn and come back.

Good to know ABP is operating. I like some of their food but the americano they serve up for 70 baht is pretty poor. I can't drink milk products. I've gotten much better at Benjamit for 45 baht.

It is almost better to go North to the next u-turn?

If you would do the maneuver of going into SSCC as you describe in any civilized country, I guess you would not be behind the wheel again for the next 6 months, so why you think it is allowed in Thailand?

Your reading of the exit is not quite correct. You must leave the Index parking lot and go north. The dedicated entrance to the parking lot is just that, it is for southbound Sukhumvit and SSCC traffic. When leaving the parking lot you must use the dedicated exit and travel north on Sukumwit, crossing Sukhumvit as you describe is not an option.

I really enjoy the soups, salads and sandwiches at ABP, wish we had one here in Jomtien.

Your reading of the exit is not quite correct. You must leave the Index parking lot and go north. The dedicated entrance to the parking lot is just that, it is for southbound Sukhumvit and SSCC traffic. When leaving the parking lot you must use the dedicated exit and travel north on Sukumwit, crossing Sukhumvit as you describe is not an option.

I really enjoy the soups, salads and sandwiches at ABP, wish we had one here in Jomtien.

I admit I've only done the requisite single visit so I can say I've been there. Left underwhelmed. So my memory is obviously a little foggy on the driveway. Anyway, point made. Go north from the exit driveway and, for me, then head south to Noen Pub Waan and my Darkside lair.

I admit I've only done the requisite single visit so I can say I've been there. Left underwhelmed. So my memory is obviously a little foggy on the driveway. Anyway, point made. Go north from the exit driveway and, for me, then head south to Noen Pub Waan and my Darkside lair.

This is a mild aggravation; to go south on Sukumwit you must first go north, past the ramp for Mtwy 7,through the next traffic light and then finally make a U-turn.

Honestly ,do people really drive all the way to the Index store so that they can sit in a poxy overpriced coffee shop to spend a fortune on a cake and a coffee ,? sad sad sad .thumbsup.gif

Each to their own, I would have thought.... an no, I am not big ABP.. but some people like it... up2 them....

Edited by winnerinsix

Honestly ,do people really drive all the way to the Index store so that they can sit in a poxy overpriced coffee shop to spend a fortune on a cake and a coffee ,? sad sad sad .thumbsup.gif

You can wait until your next visit to Bangkok Pattaya Hsp I guess.