a wedding - what is reasonable, in terms of cost?

David48

The best way to know is to go to the Band player and ask them how much they charge, then go to the people who are going to prepare your food, the same to the shop where you going to buy your drinks etc. Then you know how much it will cost you. Remember you are in a village so the cost doesn't have to be high but as you said it they may want to show off that their daughter is getting to a rich Farang who later will be buying us a house, land, buffalo, pay for our kids and son kids and daughter kids education etc. So they probably want a big wedding.

Mine was 40,000 or 50,000, plus a 20,000 sinsot. Band, MC, stage, dancers, clothes rent, monks in the morning, food and beer for 100 people buffet style. About additional 150 uninvited turned up but just for the music and show. I was 22

Had my 2nd wedding in Indonesia (Jakarta) recently. We had a civil ceremony in the UK as I refuse to convert to islam (Indonesian law) then flew to Indonesia for the wedding party. I we paid about 150k all in and it was magical for her, for the wedding party. No sinsot (not the culture) no alcohol (mostly Muslim, although I opened a free bar in case anyone did, me and the western guests had a couple of beers etc, total was about $40!). She has already disowned her side of the family (parents, uncles aunts etc) and the party was for her friends from university and school, her work and her sisters. So no one to play up to. Reception in the UK will happen next year

Edited by Grindting
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Mine cost 140000 (400 people), but we got 152000 In present so it equaled out..

(sinsod: 800000 Bath + 200000 Bath in gold was extra ;-)

Not true....I have known my wife and her family for 8 years,, we have been married for 3 years now..

Best money I ever spend....