Why Do Some Love And Why Some Hate England

Neeranam

Guest endure
Portugal?

i support portugal, except when they play england obviously.

although neutral in WW2 (although they did help the allies with air and sea bases), they were on our side in WW1

Longer than that. The English and the Portugese sigend a treaty of 'perpetual alliance' in 1386. They are the 'old ally'.

I have never liked the Germans..mainly cause they always stole all the sunbeds before we got up in Bennidorm.

The Men wear socks with sandals... the women don't shave under their armpits.

They wear funny leather trousers with braces with silly hats with feathers,and spill most of thier beer when they are whacking the glasses together. Sacralidge!!

Leaving the War out of it.. I think these are pretty good reasons why the English don't like the Germans.

They may well win the World Cup..but they can NEVER take away 5-1 or 4-2...these will live on in my memory forever

Portugal?

i support portugal, except when they play england obviously.

although neutral in WW2 (although they did help the allies with air and sea bases), they were on our side in WW1

Longer than that. The English and the Portugese sigend a treaty of 'perpetual alliance' in 1386. They are the 'old ally'.

You see people have short memories!

Absolutely correct statement though.

Moss

explain what??

Along with Portugal, Ireland was neutral in WW11, but as in WW1 they fought under the flag of the allied nations, particularly Britain and the U.S where they fell in great numbers including the Somme which is being remembered this week.

One reason for being neutral in WW11, was not to encourage invasion from the third Reich and have another flank unprotected whilst Britain was in its greatest need.

So again, explain!

Moss

cant answer your question but i dont like the english at all, cos they are bad neighbours!!

all good humoured banter of course!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meibion_Glyndwr

Baaaaaaaa, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, follow me follow me. Baaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, follow follow me follow me.............Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :o

redrus

Along with Portugal, Ireland was neutral in WW11, but as in WW1 they fought under the flag of the allied nations, particularly Britain and the U.S where they fell in great numbers including the Somme which is being remembered this week.

One reason for being neutral in WW11, was not to encourage invasion from the third Reich and have another flank unprotected whilst Britain was in its greatest need.

So again, explain!

Moss

it's not an exact science! my opinions are based purely on bigotry and small-mindedness :o

i dont like ireland because of the ira, kilkenny and terry wogan

So again, explain!

Moss

it's not an exact science! my opinions are based purely on bigotry and small-mindedness :o

Thanx

it's not an exact science! my opinions are based purely on bigotry and small-mindedness smile.gif

:o

What about gloria honeyford, fergal sharky, and roy keane

+

Edited by Neeranam

it's not an exact science! my opinions are based purely on bigotry and small-mindedness smile.gif

User is online!Profile CardPM

Report PostGo to the top of the page

:o

What about roy keane

+

And.......................?

redrus

Beckenbauer...the TV Cameras ALWAYS cut to him whenever Germany are playing.

Thet never cut to Nobby Stiles when England are.

Just not fair if you ask me !!!!

It's either a Teutonic plot or because Nobby never had anything to smile about . . . :o

(For more conspiracy theories, please look under conspiracytheories.com)

Beckenbauer...the TV Cameras ALWAYS cut to him whenever Germany are playing.

Thet never cut to Nobby Stiles when England are.

Just not fair if you ask me !!!!

spot on!!!! fritz beckanbauer is shown all the time............. all we get is victoria beckham