Grape

Have a house in Buriram province and just planted some grape. I know they will grow here because there are 5 rai in the next village. It does get cold in winter too. I'm not in Thailand much of the year, only for a couple of months. My BIL saw how fast the ones I put in are growing and he has started some off in a another plot. We bought the vines in Pak Chong so I presume they are of the same kind as what grows in Khao Yai. BIL has said he will look after them while I'm away. Does anyone have any general growing tips or advice? I live in Saudi so obviously I make my own wine, that is my intention with the grapes in Thailand.

very hard to understand them i planted 2 from old stock 1st year grew madly no friut next year little growth

but 2bunch grapes planted 2more 6mnts ago lot growth now all grapes losing leaves and little growth it seems the weather

mixes them up im in cm cheers

Tips ?? Yes. Making home alcohol in Thailand is against the law same as in Saudi.whistling.gif Difference is you get your head cut off there..w00t.gif BTW how is the sand box?laugh.png.pagespeed.ce.SDkxrRteka.png

Not too bothered about penalties in Thailand, as you say it's not KSA. Sandpit is fine for me, I kind of lkie it there in some ways.

• Like 1

very hard to understand them i planted 2 from old stock 1st year grew madly no friut next year little growth

but 2bunch grapes planted 2more 6mnts ago lot growth now all grapes losing leaves and little growth it seems the weather

Have to see what happens then I guess. I built a big place for sitting and the idea is that the grape is going to be a natural roof, so even if no fruit at least we'll have some shade.post-112437-0-74552200-1406362539_thumb.

• Like 2

Were trying to grow some also over in Surin bugs are killing us. If you can beat that you will have it made. The little buyers eat everything. There is a 50 rai vineyard on the north side side of the 24 just before the 2.

Edited by khwaibah

i think making wine from grapes requires a press of some kind. sounded too hard for me.

google "winemaking home page". a texan named jack kellar runs it....you will find recipes for making wine out of almost any fruit or veg you can think about, grapes included.

i started winemaking from wine kits back home....dead easy if you follow directions and sterilize properly.

since then, made wine from scratch from strawberries, wild rose petals, black and red currant, blackberries, mango, and likely half a dozen more. even made a small batch from garlic, which i could've easily drank but gave it out for xmas gifts for cooking.

but if making wine from grapes is your thing, by all means go for it. not knocking it.

i think making wine from grapes requires a press of some kind. sounded too hard for me.

google "winemaking home page". a texan named jack kellar runs it....you will find recipes for making wine out of almost any fruit or veg you can think about, grapes included.

i started winemaking from wine kits back home....dead easy if you follow directions and sterilize properly.

since then, made wine from scratch from strawberries, wild rose petals, black and red currant, blackberries, mango, and likely half a dozen more. even made a small batch from garlic, which i could've easily drank but gave it out for xmas gifts for cooking.

but if making wine from grapes is your thing, by all means go for it. not knocking it.

I've done it in Saudi before from grapes and I used a juicer. The setup was pretty basic but at a certain time of the year there is a local Saudi grape that is really juicy and really cheap too, compared to the imported less juicy Indian ones. Let the juice settle and siphon it off and then make the wine.

Thanks for the tip on the webpage. I've heard that mangosteen makes a good wine and I've often wondered about lychee too,

Have to see what happens then I guess. I built a big place for sitting and the idea is that the grape is going to be a natural roof, so even if no fruit at least we'll have some shade.attachicon.gif10514803_743889882339811_182007469_n.jpg

post-112437-0-74552200-1406362539.jpg

Nice set-up there ... thumbsup.gif

Edited by David48