Friendly reminder: Your sH** can be stolen if you're not real careful

BeyondME

Buy a money clip for a few bucks, keep it in your FRONT pocket, and only cards you need. leave your bulky "please steal me" wallet at home, you don't need to carry it. They rely on Westerners being well....westerners. When's the last time you saw a Thai with a wallet in his back pocket?

Oz

Yesterday...several times. And the day before...and the day before that.

Thai men in my city often have a wallet in the back pocket.

Not that I have a habit of looking at men's bottoms, it's just noticeable.

Putting a wallet in your back pocket is just asking to get it stolen.

Well, if you read the full post, I didn't have my passport or international driver's permit in there, so I wasn't carrying everything important. But the other stuff (cash, ID card, bank cards, credit card, etc.), I think most would agree it's pretty standard to carry those things for convenience. I mean, you *use* them regularly.

The point of this post is this: Carry your wallet somewhere that it's not easily grabbed. Leaving everything at home all the time is kinda absurd.

Why do people insist on carrying a wallet with everything inside it?

Please read the *whole* post if you wish to comment. It was the side pocket, zipped.

The only way anything could have got something from me at all would be to do exactly what they did: slice open my *side* pocket with a knife! My first experience with that. How about you, heh?

The whole point of posting is to give people a 'head's up' about this *kind* of theft, as it was a mind-opener for me, them actually cutting clothing on my body to get the fracking thing.

Not to troll you or anything but what made you think somebody can grab your gf's handbag and run in such an overcrowded area?

In a very big most part of the cases, all the thefts happen in tourist areas, which I dont even consider to go to. And as many others have said, the wallet should not be in the rear pocket, which also will cause you spinal damage in the long run if you have the habit of sitting down with a wallet in your butt.

Why do people insist on carrying a wallet with everything inside it?

I guess you are the kind of troll op was alluding to. He said he was carrying his cash and cards, not 'everything'. So what do you suggest then Sherlock? Cash in this pocket, credit card in that pocket, cash card in the other, driving license in the other, motorbike license in the other... etc etc. Duh! All are needed when out shopping, what isn't needed is stoopid comments. The best one can do in a jam is, as already mentioned, place a hand over that pocket.

Stoopid? Duh? Sherlock?

And you call me a Troll. Good luck with losing with your wallet thumbsup.gif