High-society woman shot dead by Swiss husband: police

Lite Beer

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no reason for anyone to own a gun. Private ownership should be illegal. This tragedy would most likely have been averted. Ban them.

I am trained to use firearms, had them taken away in the UK. I really wish I had one in LOS, cos if I have a problem at home calling the BiB would be a total waste of time.

And no, I would not have to kill with it. smile.png

Ditto.

• Like 1

The OP mentions "Redo Kastellassi." His name is spelled Reto Castellazzi. I met him a few times for coffee. He seemed to be a nice man who enjoyed collecting antique watches. He was soft-spoken. He enjoyed travelling.

My condolences to all who lost loved ones in this event.

• Like 2

There is no reason for anyone to own a gun. Private ownership should be illegal. This tragedy would most likely have been averted. Ban them.

I am trained to use firearms, had them taken away in the UK. I really wish I had one in LOS, cos if I have a problem at home calling the BiB would be a total waste of time.

Trans, you wouldn't believe how many guns you could buy in Ubon.......remember the one copper? facepalm.gif

Are they sure the husband killed his wife and then himself with the gun? Is it not possible that she killed him and then herself? After all, it was her gun.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

Are they sure the husband killed his wife and then himself with the gun? Is it not possible that she killed him and then herself? After all, it was her gun.

Thinking like a man......... ? No rich woman in Thailand kills herself.... no time... nails, hair, shopping... just no time.

• Like 1

The Swiss had one of the most feared armies in Europe in 14th to 16th centuries.

And nowadays the Swiss Navy is a force to be reckoned with!

RIP to the deceased.

Contrary to popular belief, there is actually a naval element in Switzerland. The landlocked state obviously does not require a high-seas navy, but there are several sizeable lakes in Switzerland, and most lie along the international borders. The country therefore operates a flotilla of military patrol boats. The maritime branch is subordinate to the Army and as well as security patrols, the flotilla-divisions serve in the Search and Rescue (SAR) role. This force includes the Aquarius-class Patrouillenboot 80 PBRs, which are operated by Motorboat Company 10 of the Corps of Engineers and which patrol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Switzerland

post-20091-0-35063400-1406442564_thumb.j

• Like 1

I leave RIP comments to the RIP squad here.

The overall conclusion of this event:

- one can be violent and a Swiss (despite what I used to believe in);

- money does not always make a happy life (despite common belief);

- even some Swiss men can be neurotic;

- two guns in one family is excessive (one is enough);

- Kasikorn or BoB (or whatever) will be looking for a Senior Executive soon;

- Hi-So, Lo-So or So-So, - they all are mortal;

- it would be good not to blow this incident out of proportion;

- family business as usual.

Silly summing up of misconceptions about the Swiss. Why insert the word Swiss in there? One can be violent and human, some men can be neurotic. Could be that you are confusing Switzerland with Iceland or somewhere.

The Swiss had one of the most feared armies in Europe in 14th to 16th centuries. Maybe you are confusing discipline with passivity.

For the same reason we insert "Indian" or "Nigerian" in other posts.

The Swiss had one of the most feared armies in Europe in 14th to 16th centuries.

And nowadays the Swiss Navy is a force to be reckoned with!

RIP to the deceased.

Contrary to popular belief, there is actually a naval element in Switzerland. The landlocked state obviously does not require a high-seas navy, but there are several sizeable lakes in Switzerland, and most lie along the international borders. The country therefore operates a flotilla of military patrol boats. The maritime branch is subordinate to the Army and as well as security patrols, the flotilla-divisions serve in the Search and Rescue (SAR) role. This force includes the Aquarius-class Patrouillenboot 80 PBRs, which are operated by Motorboat Company 10 of the Corps of Engineers and which patrol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Switzerland

attachicon.gifswiss_fleet_800.jpg

Like I said... A force to be reckoned with!:lol:

Trans, you wouldn't believe how many guns you could buy in Ubon.......remember the one copper? facepalm.gif

I do....whistling.gif .....BUT, nothing, absolutely nothing is a secret here, soooooooooooooo.....sad.png

• Like 1

The couple had lived there with members of the Lamsam family.

Not to make light of the situation but isn't living with the in-laws of your Thai wife enough to make anyone a little nuts.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

• Like 1

Muang Thai exec 'slain by husband'

BANGKOK: The murder of Muang Thai Insurance director Kritaya Lamsam on Friday night (July 25) is being treated by police as a domestic dispute.

Kritaya’s Swiss husband Reto Castellazzi is believed to have shot his wife in the head after a heated argument before turning the gun on himself.

Castellazzi had a history of mental illness. Kritaya was well known in the business sphere and came from one of the wealthiest and most powerful families in the country.

Witnesses said the couple had a violent quarrel in their bedroom in a condominium on Soi Narathiwat Ratchanakarin 7, just off Sathon Road.

"Relatives have no doubts about [the circumstances of] their deaths," Muang Thai Insurance president and CEO Nualphan Lamsam said during a bathing ritual for Kritaya yesterday.

The ceremony was held at Chulalongkorn Hospital’s forensic institute, where an autopsy on Kritaya was conducted. Doctors found the 48-year-old executive had died from a single bullet wound to the head.

An examination of Castellazzi’s body, which was found with a single bullet wound to the face, was still being carried out.

Police who were called to the couple's condo late on Friday found Kritaya's body in a bedroom beside an open suitcase. The officers found her husband's body in the en suite with an 11mm pistol in his hand. An initial inspection found both had died of 11mm bullet wounds.

“Investigators have thrown weight behind a domestic dispute” as the trigger which prompted the murder-suicide, Metropolitan Police Bureau deputy commander Thitirat Nonghanpitak said.

Officers said the case appears to be clear cut, with no evidence to suggest anyone else was involved.

The condominium’s chief security guard, Wacharin Sukthongsa, told police he was driving his car immediately before the killings and saw Castellazzi fire several rounds from his balcony, one of which hit Mr Wacharin's car.

Castellazzi, 55, was a former computer engineer. He resigned from his work due to mental illness, and had been on medication since, investigators said.

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-07-27

- one can be violent and a Swiss (despite what I used to believe in);

Its in the genes.

The Swiss had been the most feared fighters in Europe, before guns and canons took over the battlefield,

until now, that is reason that the Pope has a Swiss only guard!

"The warriors of the Swiss cantons had gradually developed a reputation throughout Europe as skilled soldiers, due to their successful defense of their liberties against their Austrian Habsburg overlords, starting as early as the late thirteenth century, including such remarkable upset victories over heavily armoured knights as Morgarten and Laupen. This was furthered by later successful campaigns of regional expansion (mainly into Italy). By the fifteenth century they were greatly valued as mercenary soldiers, particularly following their series of notable victories in the Burgundian Wars in the latter part of the century"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_mercenaries

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Like 1

Officers said the case appears to be clear cut, with no evidence to suggest anyone else was involved.

First, there's only one witness. Now they talk about witnesses. How easy would it be to kill both ( no speculation, just a serious question) then put the gun in the guy's hand after wiping off any fingerprints...

Just watch their soap operas.......facepalm.gif

• Like 1

The couple had lived there with members of the Lamsam family.

Not to make light of the situation but isn't living with the in-laws of your Thai wife enough to make anyone a little nuts.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

I could accept a lot, if that possible problem comes with a (nearly limitless) Golden Visa Card in my name,

from the Families company. Would fit me well.

Very different to my situation now and since decades. tongue.png

Yeah, all the thieves, robbers and rapist would love it it no one legally owned a gun.

How about a knife? How about a swimming pool? How about an automobile or a motorcycle?

Fair point, but if the statement from the security guard in the later news report in this thread can be believed, that seems unlikely:

"...The condominium’s chief security guard, Wacharin Sukthongsa, told police he was driving his car immediately before the killings and saw Castellazzi fire several rounds from his balcony, one of which hit Mr Wacharin's car..."

You know, in UK, handguns are banned. Very few firearms aren't banned. What does an honest person need a handgun in his house for?

To protect themselves from the dishonest people that would think nothing of breaking into a home to rob, rape or murder it's occupents.

And who cares what the laws are in the UK, this story is about Thailand

You know, in UK, handguns are banned. Very few firearms aren't banned. What does an honest person need a handgun in his house for?

I am not advocating one way or another, but if there were no guns in that house, then there is a good chance we wouldn't be reading this report.

One more thing? A SIX floor condominium? Good luck to them for living in one, but I didn't know such things existed

Ever hear of a knife?

What a crock. I've heard of knives, hammers, chainsaws, pitch forks and a number of other sharp items. However they were all designed with other functions in mind, unlike guns.

And had the husband not had access to a gun, he would have used another weapon... Your point is moot...