condo/apt owners now must register foreign tenants?

As has been discussed on another thread. My wife had to fill out TM 30 for my O-A externsion time before last. She did not this time as it is on file. I had long suspected it was her responsibility as she has the blue book for the house. No big deal, she just had to do. Technically we as aliens are supposed to notify immigration if we are out of our province for over 24 hours or change address, TM 28. Let us hope they don't start enforcing that one.

• Like 1

To Answer Pattaya46 = I bought the condo from a farang,but not before the Juristic person confirmed there was less than 49% farang ownership of the whole condominium. Yes you can sell to a farang, so long as the same applies.

• Like 1

No, Lopburi3 it is not the Notice to notify of staying longer than 90 days - that form is stapled in the passport alongside the page with the extension and Re-entry permits. The form I am referring to is stapled right on the last page of the passport and titled - RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION. Maybe this a a new type of form.

It is the receipt for the TM30 form that should be given to the person making the report not stapled in the passport of the person being reported.

My wife had to make 2 copies of the receipt. They kept one, gave one to my wife and stapled the original in my passport.

Surely it's not a big deal not to report your address using this form, if the foreigner in question is simply in Thailand on a VOA, visa exempt entry or tourist visa? Within a short period most leave anyway and I've never heard of any foreigners on tourist visas reporting, having their house owners reporting or either party even knowing of this communist, police state type law.

I think it's only long term foreigners on non-imm visas, extensions of stay etc. that have to worry about this, but I believe the 90-day notifications of stay satisfy that requirement because that's what they are...notifications of residence.

As has been discussed on another thread. My wife had to fill out TM 30 for my O-A externsion time before last. She did not this time as it is on file. I had long suspected it was her responsibility as she has the blue book for the house. No big deal, she just had to do. Technically we as aliens are supposed to notify immigration if we are out of our province for over 24 hours or change address, TM 28. Let us hope they don't start enforcing that one.

I thought only migrant workers from Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos had to those restrictions of movement.

Foreigners from all other countries, and tourists/business people/students and workers on non-B visas from those countries can travel without doing anything.

Geez, Thailand sounds like it's turning into a Nazi like police state, if what you're saying is true.

• Like 1

I thought only migrant workers from Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos had to those restrictions of movement.

Foreigners from all other countries, and tourists/business people/students and workers on non-B visas from those countries can travel without doing anything.

Geez, Thailand sounds like it's turning into a Nazi like police state, if what you're saying is true.

All these reports are not new they are from the immigration act of 1979. Things have changed a lot since then.

It seems they are starting to ask some condo owners to do the TM30 in some areas but this would be because the are several in one building and a central office that they can contact to get the message out to the owners. For home owners it is seldom enforced because the are scattered all over the place.

Hotels and such have been doing TM30's for many years and immigration do try to enforce it for them. That is why they ask for your passport and record your info from it or even make copies of it when you check in.

The 24 hour address report is virtually never enforced. Some immigration offices may ask for a TM28 when you move and change immigration offices.

• Like 2

All these reports are not new they are from the immigration act of 1979. Things have changed a lot since then.

It seems they are starting to ask some condo owners to do the TM30 in some areas but this would be because the are several in one building and a central office that they can contact to get the message out to the owners. For home owners it is seldom enforced because the are scattered all over the place.

Hotels and such have been doing TM30's for many years and immigration do try to enforce it for them. That is why they ask for your passport and record your info from it or even make copies of it when you check in.

The 24 hour address report is virtually never enforced. Some immigration offices may ask for a TM28 when you move and change immigration offices.

Thanks for the explanation. I knew that these laws were not well enforced until now. I see that you mentioned the TM30 and TM28. I doubt most Thai home owners or foreigners, particularly those that are not long term or come and go would be aware of them.

I can't see the authorities persuing foreigners who are only staying somewhere for a night before returning to their usual residence, or are traveling around staying only a short time in different accommodation and of course many hotels still don't register their guests at all, even though they could do so online with the information from your Thai driver's licence in lieu of a passport. However, unless everyone can register online it's kind of just an inconvenience for the owner of the accommodation.

I still see this enforcement more aimed at, and indeed more likely to get expats caught out rather than a short term tourist who'll probably have left the country by the time any enforcement could take place.

• 1 year later...

Hi ladies and gents

I have a work permit and have been told by my employer that this law is being enforced quite strictly now.
I live in a block of rented condos with my girlfriend and her daughter.
Our condo is in my girlfriends name but it is rented off of a landlady who knows I also live there.
My 90 day check in runs out on April 27th and I just need to know what it is I need to take to my local immigration centre to get this whole mess sorted out in one fell swoop instead of running around like a blue arsed fly all around Samut Prakan.

I have heard conflicting opinions;
Some people say I need the landlady to fill out a form but others say I need my girlfriend to do is as I am technically not renting off of he landlady, I am just staying with the tenant who is.

Any help would be really appreciated.