condo/apt owners now must register foreign tenants?

Actually, the condo owners must also pay 12.5% in tax if the condo is let. The amount is calculated based on the rental income or by an amount set by the Land Office, whichever is the highest.

This duty also applies to those who 'own' a home through a company and to house owners letting their homes.

I reside with my Thai wife in our jointly owned condo. When I recently obtained a 12 months extension from CW, they stapled a Receipt of Notification form in the back of my passport - it reads ' Have received notification of Alien's address from (me, total 1 person) - who notify the residence where aliens have stayed - dated 8.7.2014 and signed by the Immigration Officer. That would seem to satisfy the reporting regulation.

What is normally attached to back of passport is receipt for 90 day address report with a date for your next report (90 days later). Are you sure this is not what you have? If it is this is a TM.47 reporting requirement and has nothing to do with hotel/residence owner requirement for reporting presence of foreigner. Believe current intent is to start to add commercial rental/lease landlords into the hotel/guesthouse reporting (which is still not very complete among upcountry hotels).

What is normally attached to back of passport is receipt for 90 day address report

with a date for your next report (90 days later).

Humm... wink.png

It is a report of staying in the county more than 90 days not an address report.

The title of the TM47 says it.

"FORM FOR ALIEN TO NOTIFY OF STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS"

they say there's a new rule that they must submit some paperwork by August or they'll need to report to the police.

Not a new rule although it seems to be enforced only from time to time.

Some time ago ... I think 5 years ago or more ... our building manager said he was required to get copies of all residents' passports and visas/extensions etc. We were told if these were not collected and turned over to Immigrations, then the next time we went for an extension it would be refused.

After everyone (I assume most everyone) gave him the required information, I never heard anything further about the whole exercise and no mention of it when I've been at Immigrations.

It is, I believe, the same rule that required hotels, guesthouses, etc to get passport related information from foreigners residing on their premises. It would certainly be useful to immigrations if they were trying to locate people without current, legitimate immigrations' permissions to stay in the country ... but only if managers collected the information from everyone or reported that some had not submitted it.

What is normally attached to back of passport is receipt for 90 day address report

with a date for your next report (90 days later).

Humm... wink.png

It is a report of staying in the county more than 90 days not an address report.

The title of the TM47 says it.

"FORM FOR ALIEN TO NOTIFY OF STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS"

Why did you bring something from another topic into this one?

I prefer to call it that because that is the purpose of the form. You do report your address as part of doing it.

Both can get a fine for not reporting.

The tenant has a responsibility to ensure this happens beyond simply doing their own 90 day reports ??

When doing your 90 day reporting you have to give the address you are staying at anyway. Tourists coming on holiday and renting a condo for a few weeks would not be signing anywhere but it would be up to the condo owner or agent to take care of the paperwork.

No, Lopburi3 it is not the Notice to notify of staying longer than 90 days - that form is stapled in the passport alongside the page with the extension and Re-entry permits. The form I am referring to is stapled right on the last page of the passport and titled - RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION. Maybe this a a new type of form.

No, Lopburi3 it is not the Notice to notify of staying longer than 90 days - that form is stapled in the passport alongside the page with the extension and Re-entry permits. The form I am referring to is stapled right on the last page of the passport and titled - RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION. Maybe this a a new type of form.

It is the receipt for the TM30 form that should be given to the person making the report not stapled in the passport of the person being reported.

Where I've always stayed, in Bangkok (which offers weekly, monthly or yearly contracts), they've always kept a photocopy of our passports on file. But, they have never stayed on top of every new visa, extension, re-entry over the years.

I'm sort of confused about this thread: This has to do with 90 day reporting for marriage visas? Or...every building in Thailand now has to constantly update and report each foreigner's visa dates?

Edited by John1thru10

The Thai laws are very much like laws in many other countries. They want to be able to find aliens if they need to. They have a good reason.

The same reason you should report your presence in the country, your address, email and phone number to your own embassy. This is recommended practice by ALL countries, but how many people do it?

Suppose your own country were to pass a reg that requires registering? Or forfeit all services?

If the s**t hits the fan, they want to know how many people there are to evacuate and be able to contact them. It's for your own protection.

If some emergency back home erupts, your embassy wants to be able to contact you.

'nuff said

~

Edited by 'nuff said

The Thai laws are very much like laws in many other countries. They want to be able to find aliens if they need to. They have a good reason.

The same reason you should report your presence in the country, your address, email and phone number to your own embassy. This is recommended practice by ALL countries, but how many people do it?

Suppose your own country were to pass a reg that requires registering? Or forfeit all services?

If the s**t hits the fan, they want to know how many people there are to evacuate and be able to contact them. It's for your own protection.

'nuff said

~

I don't mean to flame you here, but...I seriously doubt this is about an alien's protection at this time. Saying that is like placing a strawberry at the center of a bear-trap.

Edited by John1thru10
  • Like 1

Why did you bring something from another topic into this one?

Because I think that you are right smile.png

and that it's better to continue to call it "90-days report(ing)" than "address report(ing)"

So could be nice if all "very important posters" use the same right vocabulary smile.png

----------------------

When I tried to register/notify someone in 2010 (after I retired and moved in with my Thai girlfriend's house) I could not find anyone who wanted to know.

Here in Bangkok, they all told me and my Thai girlfriend they just didn't want to know.

Don't bother us was their universal response.

Please don't bother us with that was their response to me in English and to her in Thai.

It took until 2012 before I found someone who could bother.

Then the information was taken, then filed and forgotten.

our jointly owned condo

Above line makes the difference - you filled out a TM.30 form as the owner and that is what was placed in your passport. Most of us are not owners so would not fill out such a form or have it in your passports. Thanks for the follow-up.

----------------------

When I tried to register/notify someone in 2010 (after I retired and moved in with my Thai girlfriend's house) I could not find anyone who wanted to know.

Here in Bangkok, they all told me and my Thai girlfriend they just didn't want to know.

Don't bother us was their universal response.

Please don't bother us with that was their response to me in English and to her in Thai.

It took until 2012 before I found someone who could bother.

Then the information was taken, then filed and forgotten.

Not to go too off-topic, but that's the thing that bothers me right now. For years I've tried my best to do the right thing in Thailand, and follow all the rules regarding immigration. What I always found instead, was that immigration couldn't have cared less.

Edited by John1thru10
  • Like 1

I reside with my Thai wife in our jointly owned condo.

Just curious because I never heard of that;

Is that a Thai-quota or a Farang-quota condo ? or a 50/50 quota ?

Can you sell it to a Farang ?

I did my retirement extension last Friday and the 90 report at the same time. This was at the Nakhon Sawan Immigration office

I had a TM30 filled out and signed by my wife just in case but they never asked for it and I never offered it.

My nearest proper police station is 6km away, the amphur office is 15km away and NS Immigration is 125km away.

At NS Immi nobody has asked for a map, photos of the house and family etc though I did take all that at one renewal they weren't interested.

Perhaps if you download it and fill it in but not date it then you have it and just say you are sorry but your wife/partner must have forgotten to date it.

Ayjaydee, surely that is undertaken on the TM6 - arrival / departure card?

No its not, for some reason TM6 is not filed/entered in yuor file, you need to report on TM30. On our visit to Immigration for our annual application for extension, officer mentioned we had not reported. As we own the house, I mentioned TM6 reporting, but was told its not replacing the TM30 reporting.

So now all house owners as well as guests are reporting on arrival. Our mangement company make reportong online, same as hotels.