July 30, 201412 yr As you can read, finally I am not the only one to think that they are more civilied at Nong Khai <3 To each his own. I prefer the more quiet border. Edited July 30, 201412 yr by ALFREDO
July 31, 201412 yr Author so u went out at Nong Khai and got the visa from Savannakhet? Where will you go back in? I will go next week.. 18 months over.. before that 2 TR visas, then 8 months os before that.. Do u think any probs at Nong Khai? Last time i was over the bloke there was a right savage.. Correct. It's a bugger of a bus ride, though. 8:30am to 6pm. Not recommended. Went straight from the consulate to the bridge and was through Mukdahan no problems. Now back at home. The overstay officer at Nong Khai was a real gent. Tutted over my overstay, I apologized, he stamped me out. But to be fair there is probably more than one. Maybe you saw a different guy. When I took the bus from Mukdahan to Udon Thani, unknown to me the bus driver phoned ahead and had a tuk waiting to buzz me across town to get the last bus to Nong Khai. That's the Thailand I love. Can you not fly? Bangkok apparently all smiles to overstayers. I would if I was doing it again. Good luck.
Create an account or sign in to comment