Extend tourist visa

I have a 30 day visa stamp but am intending to stay 37 days. Would an overstay of a week be a big problem or do I need to extend it?

If I had asked the immigration officer at entry to extend it for me (based on my plane ticket) would he have done so?

Seems like this small oversight is going to create major hassels.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You can apply for an extension at any immigration office, TM7 form, 1 picture and 1900 baht. It will be denied but they will give you 7 days to "clear out" so effectively it is a 7 day extension. Don't risk overstaying and getting caught

• Like 1

Because at the moment there is no extension for a visa exempt entry. The 7 days is for you to leave the country after a denied extension. It is a work around to allow people to get an extra 7 days..

On the 29th of next month you could apply for a 30 day extension and get it..

I don't think you can. You can extend a visa, but you have no visa.

You cannot extend a visa ... ever.

You can, under certain circumstances, extend your permission to stay in the country.

If you apply for an extension, it would be refused and you would be given 7 days to leave, which amounts to a 7 day extension.

Edited by Suradit69

Why would it be denied?

Because, at the moment, someone who entered the country using a visa exempt entry ( you do not have a tourist visa) is not entitled to an extension. Although the 7 days to leave the country amounts to an extension.

Edited by Suradit69

I assumed I had a tourist visa, but I suppose it is in fact an "exemption". Would it be better/possible to apply for an actual visa to cover the extra period ?

What would happen if I did nothing and ended up at the airport 6 days after the leaving date in my passport?

You can, under certain circumstances, extend your permission to stay in the country.

If you apply for an extension, it would be refused and you would be given 7 days to leave, which amounts to a 7 day extension.

So how are people getting a 30 day extension on a 60 day tourist visa ?

So how are people getting a 30 day extension on a 60 day tourist visa ?

Visas are not extended only a permit to stay can be extended, The extension of stay rules allow for a 30 day extension for a 60 day tourist visa entry.

At the moment there is none for a visa exempt entry.