I had a very strange and annoying experience today

Essex Exile

As an aside....but on the subject of photos....

I needed some passport photos.....So yesterday I went to the people at the Immigration....to my surprise it had all changed...no longer the efficient little office, but a much larger unit along with quite "pushy" staff...
Anyway this "little" girl directs me to stand against the wall, takes out her i-phone a photographs me.....while they were printing it off they ask me for 150 baht.....I pay them, they give me the photos, I walk out the door, have a look...guess what? she was so short that she had taken an upwards "shot"....the top of my head was missing.....luckily there was a dustbin handy.....so tomorrow I will go to the photographer in Third Road

Nothing strange about the OP's post. The other week I bought an fish tank for the room with all the trimmings. The lady came out to my premises, put in the pebbles and everything else a aquarium needs. She puts the hose up to it, told me to hold it while the aquarium filled up, then the water started leaking out of it big time, all over the floor. Sorry, sorry she says, calls up her son and he brings a new fish tank.

Surely they would test these things before they sell them. 

Bank of Bangkok, sorry sir it takes 2 weeks to get internet.

So photos taking a Month + to do is up there with it, TIT, a lovely 3rd world country we all love.

Nothing strange about the OP's post. The other week I bought an fish tank for the room with all the trimmings. The lady came out to my premises, put in the pebbles and everything else a aquarium needs. She puts the hose up to it, told me to hold it while the aquarium filled up, then the water started leaking out of it big time, all over the floor. Sorry, sorry she says, calls up her son and he brings a new fish tank.

So photos taking a Month + to do is up there with it, TIT, a lovely 3rd world country we all love.

3rd world!! Imperialistic attitudes again and again...theres only one world!

3rd world!! Imperialistic attitudes again and again...theres only one world!

It is what it is, attitudes have nothing to do with stating facts.

The topic has been done to death, maybe you would care to read what some real life experiences people have had here. link for that: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/622149-is-thailand-considered-a-third-world-country-or-a-developing-nation/

List of Developing Countries here (As of April 2014 and yes Thailand is on it)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developing_country