Zenfone 5 vs Imobile IQX

Yes me too, had to download the Google keyboard again. I think also the haptic feedback setting is a bit less fine tuned than before, especially on the SwiftKey keyboard I sometimes use... before I could set the level of vibration very low indeed. That's probably an issue with the app though.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you use the Zenfone 5 as a hotspot or to get internet to a wifi tablet?

It is an Android phone with Wifi and 3G (or 4G for LTE versions) so "yes". It is an exceptionally well priced phone, not a gimmick. The first attempts to shoe-horn a Cyanogenmod ROM (don't get excited yet, just a couple of bored geeks) have happened so I expect to see somebody starting to offer a Zenfone 5 or 6 custom ROM release very soon.

After several months of use, my only complaint with the Asus Zenphone-5 (2GB/16GB) is the battery endurance. If my day starts at 8 am, with moderate usage, I'm down to 40% battery remaining by 6 pm and need to top-up if I plan on being out to a late hour.

Not really an issue when I'm staying in Bangkok but I'll be concerned when I need to fly to the US or Europe. I'll be bringing along a portable battery unit for sure.

I really can not understand why Asus insisted on using a non-removable battery. Does anybody have any insight into why so many manufacturers only use permanent batteries?

After several months of use, my only complaint with the Asus Zenphone-5 (2GB/16GB) is the battery endurance. If my day starts at 8 am, with moderate usage, I'm down to 40% battery remaining by 6 pm and need to top-up if I plan on being out to a late hour.

Not really an issue when I'm staying in Bangkok but I'll be concerned when I need to fly to the US or Europe. I'll be bringing along a portable battery unit for sure.

I really can not understand why Asus insisted on using a non-removable battery. Does anybody have any insight into why so many manufacturers only use permanent batteries?

Have they run out of electricity in the west?