Ms Yingluck and Pheu Thai members face indictment from the EC

Lite Beer

To my mind there was a bit of over reaction, but we as commoners have no idea of the dangers out there, and what harm could come, But he made the bold decision to do this, Hope fully it was for the better, but we naturally think its negative-I agree, but this is the part that I spoke about to you -a few things I objected to.

The media are not completely gagged though, he wanted all negative reporting stopped until they get the dung sorted. If he oversteps eventually all persons are accountable, although some do slip under the lino.

I wish for the return of more press freedom. But it did quell the red army propaganda TV etc that was out of order, as well as any other anti clean-up brigade.thumbsup.gif

Herein lies one of the problems, they can never be held accountable, no one in the NCPO can, as it is written into the constitution that anything they say and do is deemed legal, and amnesty would be granted under clause 48. The military is never accountable to anything or anyone in Thailand, despite long suffering from the same problems as the rest of society.

But there is one person he is answerable to.wink.png

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The EC must consider they are on firm ground to proceed with this number of Indictments, unfortunately in Thailand, some seem to think that they can do what they like , especially when it comes to money that is not there's for the taking, whether all these people are guilty remains to be seen, however , it is a poor reflection of the type of person leading the country up to the coup and one can only hope that those that are guilty are drummed out of politics forever and that Western governments who highly criticised the coup, take notice of this trial, US and Australia in particular. bah.gif

I personally think that the "firm ground" that the EC have "considered" they're on is related to the fact that there is a military junta in power at the moment and for the foreseeable future.

I'm sure the stance of the US and Australia on the abrogation of citizens rights as a result of a military coup will change as a result of a hostile Election Commission's allegations of misuse of state funds whilst "electioneering" - NOT.

Sorry "fab4" , I'm having problems finding out what freedoms Thai citizens have lost since the coup, could you please elaborate on these freedoms?? smile.pngwai.gif

Are you serious?

So will the EC prosecute Suthep for making a farce of the same election by ordering people to prevent access to the polling booths?

Well we can live in hope.

But, but, but, but, SUTHEP. It never stops, does it? Some of these people still really want to persuade us that Suthep & Abhisit were the problem, not Thaksin a convicted criminal with other outstanding charges, running a crooked, out-of-control government by proxy from self imposed exile. Oh well, they can try.

• Like 1

I really find it hard to comprehend how many Thaivisa members cannot see through what is happening, blindly believing the Junta's rhetoric. May I suggest some of you start looking at history, asking questions and thinking for yourselves. The information is out there, you just need to leave your bar stools for an hour or two and put the work in.

wai.gif

Who in hell wants to live in the past.??? Just to put you straight --"how many" near all TVF posters seem to be with the army at the moment--a hardcore not. Does that not question your idea of what is right.

Who gave you the crazy notion that Majority of TVF posters sit on bar stools--as you say-- shows your homework and history is not so hot.

I would hazard a guess that 90% of long termers here do not sit all day on bar stools. Get around more and ask those you see sat on bar stools if they are TVF posters or beer swillers on holiday.

Touched a raw nerve there ginjag. General Prayuth's actions do not follow his words and yet many (I wouldnt say nearly all TV members) continue to believe his every word. I hope you get to see the video currently doing the rounds on line (the forum would take this post down if I posted a link). It is 24 minutes long and starts with a history lesson. It told me nothing I did not already know, but for those who have been obsessed with Thaksin and all the propaganda fed to you by the PDRC and your wifes and girlfriends, without seeking the true agenda, it will leave you in absolutely no doubt about General Prayuths intent. Sadly though, I am sure some of you so brain washed that even this will go straight over your heads and no matter what is presented to you, you will still believe black is white if the General says so.

wai.gif

So will the EC prosecute Suthep for making a farce of the same election by ordering people to prevent access to the polling booths?

But, but, but, but, SUTHEP. It never stops, does it? Some of these people still really want to persuade us that Suthep & Abhisit were the problem, not Thaksin a convicted criminal with other outstanding charges, running a crooked, out-of-control government by proxy from self imposed exile. Oh well, they can try.

Agreed it's so frustrating to be forced to think hard about the issues when it's easier to bray simplistically like Orwell's dumb animals "two legs bad four legs good".

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

As I have pointed out on many times . Thailand is a member of Interpol so the Thai's could easily have them (the Shin's) arrested and extradited back.

Then there must be reasons they don't tell us why they don't request international arrests.

I believe it has been posted on other threads that the crimes would be considered political in nature and not subject to extradition.

I also understand that the UAE (which includes Dubai) are either not members of Interpol or not signatories to the extradition treaties.

Hence the choice of Dubai. So near yet so far...

Yes, posted by supporters of the Shins. They consider any accusation against the Shins to be politically motivated.

Interpol aren't some kind of roving international police force who decide which people are guilty. Extradition relies on countries having extradition treaties and making formal requests which then have to satisfy the requirements of the country the criminal is residing / arrested in.

People jumping bail and running from a conviction and also having 15 more serious charges waiting for them might raise a few eyebrows - all 16 politically motivated? Pushing credibility a bit.

Yingluck is different as the charges keep mounting up.

Is Thailand really that interested in going through all the hassles and giving the Shin more PR opportunities or simply accepting keeping them in exile as punishment?

The UAE are also very conservative and the Shins may find the welcome wearing a bit thin if they attract the wrong attention.

But billionaires can pick from a whole raft of countries who welcome them with open arms and bestow citizenship, passports etc.

As I have pointed out on many times . Thailand is a member of Interpol so the Thai's could easily have them (the Shin's) arrested and extradited back.

Oh my, what a surprise. Here's another one who is totally clueless about what Interpol is.

As I have pointed out probably as many times, If a military junta which has seized power in Thailand lodges a request for arrest and extradition of an elected prime minister, on a charge of malfeasance in an election which most of the rest of the world regards them (the junta) as having been complicit in suppressing, then Interpol and more importantly the extradition courts will have a jolly good laugh and pour themselves another coffee.

As a military junta which has seized power, they will find that they are somewhat beyond the pale when it comes to any sort of legal process.

Edited by JAG

Thailand needs to put a few politicians behind bars. How else are future politicians going to learn that corruption in office doesn't pay. The current let them go overseas and live of their ill-gotten gains is no deterrent to stop them from being corrupt. Only serious jail time for offenders can clean up government.

Those who are found guilty will of course say it is all politically motivated. But wasn't the reason for them becoming politicians wealth gain motivated. So I call it tit for tat.

Things only get done, when there is motivation to get them done. It appeared that there was no real incentive to bring him back. It always seemed an easy enough thing to do. He never had the courage to face the charges, and nobody here seemed to have the courage to make sure he was sent back. Anybody know what that was all about? Seemed like a resolution to all this a long time ago would have been the proper thing to do. He has been a thorn in Thailand's side for all these years.

Excellent question along with what ever happened to the trials for Suthrep and Abhisit for the 2010 murders? All of a sudden no media is reporting on this matter. How about Abhisit and the NACC charges which have been under "investigation" the past several years?

Also, I understand how one can be "charged" but how could they ever be convicted for election campaigning when the vote was null and void and therefore technically "never occurred"?

Abhisit and Suthep have been to the courts and were given all the details to share with their lawyers in line with the law. Yingluck cried foul because her lawyers were NOt originally given the information simply because Yingluck did NOT turn up in court in person. She was granted a waiver and her lawyers were given the information though strictly speaking the lawyers should have got nothing to comply with the law. Abhisit and Suthep had their case postponed to August 28th I believe to gather evidence to refute the charges which is exactly the same as Yingluck got, no more and no less.

As for the election campaigning that happened BEFORE the election was declared null and void and if it is proven the those responsible deliberately broke the law and should be punished for doing so.

Edited by billd766

Interpol doesn't extradite for politically motivated cases. The junta would have a hell of a time proving these cases to be 100% unbiased.

As I have pointed out probably as many times, If a military junta which has seized power in Thailand lodges a request for arrest and extradition of an elected prime minister, on a charge of malfeasance in an election which most of the rest of the world regards them (the junta) as having been complicit in suppressing, then Interpol and more importantly the extradition courts will have a jolly good laugh and pour themselves another coffee.

As a military junta which has seized power, they will find that they are somewhat beyond the pale when it comes to any sort of legal process.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif IF, they will not, they like most now do not want him. His own belief is most still want him, that's how puddled he is. he must have gone silly in the head, with this bursting ego. Shame for the man, if he had sense and anything like decent he would have friends to cobble dogs with. He hasn't that is why he has time for meddling and want want for power and money. He has just turned retiring age at a time you enjoy yourself to the full.

Stuck where most of the time with who ?? He is a control freak, he has proved that but still wants the limelight.

At this so called party, didn't look like there were hundreds there, the music echoed -usually when not a full house.

Interpol doesn't extradite for politically motivated cases. The junta would have a hell of a time proving these cases to be 100% unbiased.

Well he cannot prove himself 100% not guilty or else he would be back. We will see in Yinglucks case.