Thai football referees swear before the Emerald Buddha to perform with honesty

webfact

I will feel so much better now...when they make obviously bad calls...I will know it was just an honest mistake...and has nothing to do with the money they were paid by the mafia gambling cartel...

Being a Class 1 ref from UK. mistakes do happen, some refs do not seem to see the stupid DIVES and if they do see them they are not warning the diver, rolling around five times screaming then stamps hi foot and back into action. This does not win games unless the dive is in the area and a penalty awarded.

The most bent decisions come from the official on the line his job is to indicate offsides (apart from other general duties and any other instruction given by the referee prior to the game) Time and time again goals were scored from an offside position during the world cup, this is the easiest way to bend a game without implicating the referee.

My instructions prior to the match to my linesmen were "all offsides are yours".

to sum up the easiest way to bend a game is OFFSIDE line official and PENALTY referee. the other one is to have both teams agree to a result prior---or one team to sort of have an off day ??

• Like 1

Don't Swear By It: Thai Officials Receive Unmerited Absolution

by Matt Riley

High farce was robbed of its power yesterday when the Thai FA decided to force (on pain of a one year ban) over a hundred of its officials to swear before the Emerald Buddha that they would officiate with integrity. Farce became depressing reality when the referees were led to this auspicious location by "The Bomber"Thanom Borikut...

Article continues: http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/chonburifc/113109/CustomPages/view/18138

I have not followed Thai football since the sacking of Peter Withe, so I was surprised (and quite pleased) to see the name Dusit Chalermsan in the article.

I hope that he is doing well in his coaching role.

Singhtarua fans seem divided on how he's performing at their club. They got off to a cracking start this season but have faded in recent weeks.

Like you, I remember the glory days of Peter Withe's reign. The way things stand at present, it's hard to see Thailand ever reaching those heights again.

In addition to Dusit, there are still a few others from Withe's time in charge knocking around the TPL. Therdsak Chaiman and Niweat Sriwong are both playing for Chonburi and Worawoot Srimaka is our assistant coach.

I have not followed Thai football since the sacking of Peter Withe, so I was surprised (and quite pleased) to see the name Dusit Chalermsan in the article.

Singhtarua fans seem divided on how he's performing at their club. They got off to a cracking start this season but have faded in recent weeks.

Like you, I remember the glory days of Peter Withe's reign. The way things stand at present, it's hard to see Thailand ever reaching those heights again.

In addition to Dusit, there are still a few others from Withe's time in charge knocking around the TPL. Therdsak Chaiman and Niweat Sriwong are both playing for Chonburi and Worawoot Srimaka is our assistant coach.

Agreed, Thailand are only a shadow of their former self.

The sacking of Peter Withe was one of the most ridiculous things that I have seen in football and was the principle reason for the sides decline.

Of course the best known player from that Thai side was Kiatisuk (Zico), who is now the head coach of Thailand.

The sacking of Peter Withe was one of the most ridiculous things that I have seen in football and was the principle reason for the sides decline.

Of course the best known player from that Thai side was Kiatisuk (Zico), who is now the head coach of Thailand.

Old Withey did a tremendous job, turned around a so so side to a top Asian outfit, for doing that (and I stand to be corrected) he asked for a little more money for his efforts, NO said Thai FA. Keenyow--tight fisted so and so's they wanted the money for themselves, the more they paid out the less the officials had. Maybe did Withe a favour went on to more fruitful things. He was a brill footballer and coach.

Old Withey did a tremendous job, turned around a so so side to a top Asian outfit, for doing that (and I stand to be corrected) he asked for a little more money for his efforts, NO said Thai FA. Keenyow--tight fisted so and so's they wanted the money for themselves, the more they paid out the less the officials had. Maybe did Withe a favour went on to more fruitful things. He was a brill footballer and coach.

Sacked for wearing shorts on the touchline as far as I can remember.

Thailand's football standards will never get to Korea's or Oz's while that crook Worawi is in charge.

Sacked for wearing shorts on the touchline as far as I can remember.

Thailand's football standards will never get to Korea's or Oz's while that crook Worawi is in charge.

This is just football in Thailand. When you think of it National Airline, Transport, railways, Water, tourism authority, the last government, people elected/ or appointed are usually useless -friends of- family of- And this fiasco with the temple.

There is no wonder the army stepped it was getting rotten to the core, so fingers crossed.

• Like 1