Just cleared overstay. Return with tourist visa?

If I am travelling to Myanmar for a week late next month might it be better to try a visa exempt entry or apply for a tourist visa I'm Myanmar? If a single entry is all I get here it seems like a waste of money if both are equally likely to get me back in. I would like to maximize the tourist visa since they are limiting these

Don't see a way to edit the post but I'm also curious about whether using a travel agent or tipping an embassy guard for a speedier processing would be a good idea or not. Much appreciate all the ideas this is a very stressful time for me. I am away from my family and don't wish to be. Edited by sickntired

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If I am travelling to Myanmar for a week late next month might it be better to try a visa exempt entry or apply for a tourist visa I'm Myanmar? If a single entry is all I get here it seems like a waste of money if both are equally likely to get me back in. I would like to maximize the tourist visa since they are limiting these

Don't see a way to edit the post but I'm also curious about whether using a travel agent or tipping an embassy guard for a speedier processing would be a good idea or not. Much appreciate all the ideas this is a very stressful time for me. I am away from my family and don't wish to be.

You should try to get a 2 entry at the embassy in Yangon.. Even a single entry would be better than getting an exempt entry,

It is next day service for visas there. No report of being able to get it faster.

Visa exempt entries are the only thing they are tightening up on.

If your family is Thai you have lots of options.

Overstayers for four years. Unfortunately my family is Shan from Myanmar and have to jump through the visa hoops also
Flied from DMK to pnom Penh. Since in in Cambodia first should I do tourist here? Or exempt here then fly to Yangon and get tourist there? Thanks forth help I will keep posting updates also Edited by sickntired

-sickntired-

But, I would try it in PP, also if its only a one entry TV. Who knows, what in Myanmar will happen at the Embassy there.

I would use a Visa agent in PP, easy normally no hassle, not expensive, 50 Dollar including Visa fee.

Made it more times with the reception in FLAMINGOS Hotel, my prefered Hotel  in PP, did not even see the agent, did not wrote or signed any paper.

Got Passport back, done.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/647029-tourist-visa-in-phnom-penh-easy-done/

Seems like if I get a single entry visa here then fly to Thailand then to Myanmar, at that point they will not issue another tourist visa is that likely?

That has been never reported, so is not likely. Double entry tourist visa are routinely issues in Laos also. For a triple entry go to Hanoi.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Seems like if I get a single entry visa here then fly to Thailand then to Myanmar, at that point they will not issue another tourist visa is that likely?

If you can get a double entry in Yangoon, could you not fly direct from PP and save any grief of an additional entry through Thailand?

Friend of mine had an overstay of 1 year.

Went out from CNX to BKK to PP. He got a tourist visa in PP then flew back to Thailand at BKK Airport (the overstay stamp was in his passeport and the officer saw it) they only asked him what he's planning to do this time around and he told them he want to get an ED visa. They let him in with smile, no problems.

You will be fine. If i had a suggestion i would say, go to PP and go to any hotel (11 Happy backpacker my preference) and ask them for the visa service (45$ USD and you have to wait 4 days, 55$ for 3 days) then they give you back your passeport with a new tourist visa. After that, just fly to BKK airport.

:)

• Like 1

Went out from CNX to BKK to PP. He got a tourist visa in PP then flew back to Thailand at BKK Airport (the overstay stamp was in his passeport and the officer saw it) they only asked him what he's planning to do this time around and he told them he want to get an ED visa. They let him in with smile, no problems.

You will be fine. If i had a suggestion i would say, go to PP and go to any hotel (11 Happy backpacker my preference) and ask them for the visa service (45$ USD and you have to wait 4 days, 55$ for 3 days) then they give you back your passeport with a new tourist visa. After that, just fly to BKK airport.

smile.png

How long ago was this Shocky ?  Do you know if I flew out/in at Suwarnabhumi or Don Muang ?

"SICK...."  Did you get an overstay stamo in your passport ?

THANKS GUYS !

smile.png

How long ago was this Shocky ?  Do you know if I flew out/in at Suwarnabhumi or Don Muang ?

THANKS GUYS !

Cleared the overstay on July 18th. Flew back to Thailand on 27th.

You go out at Suvarnahbumi International Airport to PP. Don Muang is only for domestic flights inside Thailand

• Like 1

Good luck in getting in to thailand
And 4 years man..

I not sure they should let ppl back with attitudes like this. Just saying...

Why do YOU have to come down on him ? Who do you think you are ? He is asking for advice, not your personal opinion on who they should allow in to Thailand.  JERK !!!

Thank you Sick.....and Thank you Alfredo. Good information
Not on him but in general..
Guess including u innit...

smile.png

THANKS GUYS !

Yes just the one listing duration of stay with exit stamp not a black or red stamp. If I try to return with a tourist visa and they deny me entry am I forced to fly to home country or can I get a ticket to Myanmar or cambodia? Thanks!

smile.png

THANKS GUYS !

Yes just the one listing duration of stay with exit stamp not a black or red stamp. If I try to return with a tourist visa and they deny me entry am I forced to fly to home country or can I get a ticket to Myanmar or cambodia? Thanks!

The chance of getting refused are very low at the moment. Just get ready in case they ask you question, be polite and relax.

If you're unlucky and they refuse you, i'm pretty sure you can go back to a country near and from there try to go by Udon.

But i'm pretty sure they will let you in

smile.png

THANKS GUYS !

You go out at Suvarnahbumi International Airport to PP. Don Muang is only for domestic flights inside Thailand

No, air asia flies to Hong Kong, Malaysia,.... From Don muang

THANKS GUYS !

That's actually not quite right. There are international flights from Don Muang.

If my biggest concern is maximizing time in Thailand and I'm currently in Cambodia like now, is it a mistake to get a tourist visa here? Maybe it's better to try a visa exempt return and then get a double entry visa in Yangon and an educational visa afterwards. Interested to hear thoughts on this

If my biggest concern is maximizing time in Thailand and I'm currently in Cambodia like now, is it a mistake to get a tourist visa here? Maybe it's better to try a visa exempt return and then get a double entry visa in Yangon and an educational visa afterwards. Interested to hear thoughts on this

THANKS GUYS !

That's actually not quite right. There are international flights from Don Muang.

Along with Phucket, Hat Yai, Chiang Mai