cooking oils the big con in history

opalred

palm oil the big scam

most af all palm oil comes from property owned by sime darby a malaya based company that has destroyed most of jungle in asia

to plant there palm trees whos shareholders in company malayasia govt? and members islamic council of malayasia?

every one knows that palm oil is bad for health

now have known for years and told wife not to buy oil that has palm oil in it

now all oils corn soy canola etc etc have in small print on back of bottle the worlds producer of palm oil to mix with

guess who

It sometimes surprises me what some posters decide to get their knickers in a twist about...blink.png \

totster smile.png

yes,right, the mind boggles.

The fact that huge deforestation has taken place in order to produce palm oil is a knicker twister all right. Never mind, let's bulldoze it all flat and get rid of that pesky wild life.

I see your point, however that seemed secondary to the posters actual beef.

totster :)

Same as you sir, extra virgin olive oil. I like my oil like I like my women, olive skinned, virgins and covered in oil. Sadly Thailand is devoid of virgins.

Wasn't rapeseed a few years ago the answer to everything with easy production, minimal environmental impact and omega 3.

have a look on back of label a small red sign and name part palm oil

I just checked the 2 big bottles I have (bought at makro):

- Soybean oil: no trace of palm oil, purity labeled 100%

- Canola oil: also no palm oil in it

So maybe you should stop to buy the cheapest stuff you can find.

• Like 1

Talking about cooking oil, I'm trying to find beef fat, AKA "beef dripping" in Pattaya. Does anyone know where I could find some?

I saw some recently, but not sure where. Likely places: Na Na deli, Friendship, Foodland or Yorkies. Slim chance at Best. Yorkies might be the go I'd reckon.

Same as you sir, extra virgin olive oil. I like my oil like I like my women, olive skinned, virgins and covered in oil. Sadly Thailand is devoid of virgins.

Wasn't rapeseed a few years ago the answer to everything with easy production, minimal environmental impact and omega 3.

Back in NZ I used to pay a bit more and buy rice bran oil......this is Thailand, so why isn't there rice bran oil available?

As to the gist of the OP, I fully endorse boycotting palm oil and products that use palm oil.

At the very least, if you do not care about the forests or wildlife, do you care about the smoke from the burning off drifting over to Thailand?

Boycott palm oil!

Talking about cooking oil, I'm trying to find beef fat, AKA "beef dripping" in Pattaya. Does anyone know where I could find some?

I saw some recently, but not sure where. Likely places: Na Na deli, Friendship, Foodland or Yorkies. Slim chance at Best. Yorkies might be the go I'd reckon.

thank you, I will try these places - great to hear that it's actually available somewhere! finally the french fries will taste good :)

if thay say 100% dont believe this is not western world where there is some controll on palm oil industry blending there oils look on fine print on back

sime darby i

It's always fun to debunk conspiracy theorists. The canola and soybean oils in our house have no little red marking indicating the presence of any palm oil, nor the name of the company you mentioned. What it does have is the appropriate labeling that it has been tested and conforms to Thailand's standards, which match those of many countries in the West.

So I must call BS on your theory.

If you cant find it ready-made you should be able to buy beef fat from any butcher and render it down yourself. It's very easy.

When I use oil I use sunflower oil, always have and probably always will.

Both sunflower and rice bran oil are very healthy, with super low saturated fat levels. Both are easily available here, and are inexpensive. No need to use toxic oils like soybean, corn, palm, or cottonseed. They are garbage. These two cost just a little bit more, and are really worth it.

Spidermike

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

I use extra virgin olive oil. Always have. Now I suppose everyone will jump on me for being too old to use extra virgin olive oil.

Why is there an age limited. rolleyes.gif

If he was English ... he would have received the congratulations card from the Queen last year ...

FYI. I avoid all beef products, including butter fats and all sheep meat. All of these fatty animal products not good for me. Eat what u want. Some folks believe 'gotta eat meat, luv cheese, butter on Oreos, and rich creamy ice cream the best of diets'.

What foods contain saturated fats?
Saturated fats occur naturally in many foods. The majority come mainly from animal sources, including meat and dairy products. Examples are:

• fatty beef,
  • lamb,
  • pork,
  • poultry with skin,
  • beef fat (tallow),
  • lard and cream,
  • butter,
  • cheese and
  • other dairy products made from whole or reduced-fat (2 percent) milk.

In addition, many baked goods and fried foods can contain high levels of saturated fats. Some plant-based oils, such as palm oil, palm kernel oil and coconut oil, also contain primarily saturated fats, but do not contain cholesterol.

It sometimes surprises me what some posters decide to get their knickers in a twist about...blink.png \

totster smile.png

yes,right, the mind boggles.

The fact that huge deforestation has taken place in order to produce palm oil is a knicker twister all right. Never mind, let's bulldoze it all flat and get rid of that pesky wild life.

I see your point, however that seemed secondary to the posters actual beef.

totster smile.png

I don't abide by the anti-Muslim crowd, but if the OP can recruit some of them to the anti-palm oil cause, then this time I'll let it slide. thumbsup.gif

I use extra virgin olive oil. Always have. Now I suppose everyone will jump on me for being too old to use extra virgin olive oil.

Just stick with normal olive oil, extra virgin is not really meant for frying as it burns easier, and I guess normal olive oil is cheaper too there?

• Like 1

Just stick with normal olive oil, extra virgin is not really meant for frying as it burns easier, and I guess normal olive oil is cheaper too there?

It isn't cheaper to any significant degree. Apart from that, olive oil is delicate stuff and should be stored cool away from light. It can start to turn 'rancid' before you can taste it, which is also not healthy. I guess that, like beer, olive oil doesn't receive any special treatment to keep it in good condition in Thailand. A curious fact that I learnt some time ago was that artisan oil (picked by hand) was less healthy than machine plucked stuff because hand picked olives will be lying in the sun for much longer. I would only use it for salads and sauces, but I prefer walnut oil or even hemp oil. Which are even more expensive.

Edited by cooked

Who said I used it for frying? I make pesto with it and use it for dipping mixed with herbs and spices.

• Like 1

i always brought sunflower canola or corn oil as were produced mostly in oz where industry is controlled and if you looked at colour was near clear slight yellow colour now look light brown all blended with palm oil and look again on back of bottle sime darby they only produce palm oil

also to fool you they have address singapore to make it look clean and controlled product only post address][

how this company try to fool you they had advert on tv a us woman holding monkey saying sime darby a concerned company set aside 200acre reserve for there breeding then knock down 10million acres of rainforest given to them by malayasion govt and who controls govt ? guess

Back in NZ I used to pay a bit more and buy rice bran oil......this is Thailand, so why isn't there rice bran oil available?

As to the gist of the OP, I fully endorse boycotting palm oil and products that use palm oil.

At the very least, if you do not care about the forests or wildlife, do you care about the smoke from the burning off drifting over to Thailand?

Boycott palm oil!

There is sustainably produced palm oil. Most of the oil palm producers in thailand would fall under this category simply because the plantations have been running for 50 years or more, and their is virtually no new clearing of forests for oil palm trees. However, it seems you've been a little brainwashed by western media, there are some large conglomerates - mainly Singaporean - involved with clearly forest to create new plantations. Yes that is a problem, but it's more to do with the governments of Malaysia and Indonesia for failing to protect their own wildlife. However, what is the solution? Use more soy bean oil and clear Brazillan forest instead?

Why punish responsible farmers and producers because a few irresponsible people in other countries?

Edited by Time Traveller