Russian woman falls to death from 44-floor condo in Bangkok

webfact

Honest question here..can Thai police do DNA testing? All the stories you read they seem more backward than that.

DNA testing is widely available and frequently practised in Thailand. The police wouldn't do it themselves, but would turn it over to a laboratory.

DNA is for identification , they have her name what do they need DNA for????

The police are searching for her friend to find out if there may have been cause for this to happen. God bless her so young.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm intrigued by the relevance of a half-smoked cigarette. Was it extinguished or still burning? RIP to the lady whatever the circumstances.

Yes, does the room mate smoke ? Does the boyfriend smoke ? Any camera footage available ? Any footage from the elevators about that time ? Was her passport on her or in the room ? If not who has it.

Balcony railings are quite low here in Thailand .

I made many Balcony's and balustrades here in europe , height here is standard 110 cm or higher .

We make them in glass , without stainless or wooden top-rail the glass is 10mm/4 pvb safety foil / 10mm .

1 sheet of glass is "heat strengthened" the other sheet is " heat soaked" .

It's expensive , but safe , the edge is to small to sit on , does not break into pieces , impact resistand .

was that an advert ?

Who cares? At least I learned what "balcony" glass is.

• Like 2

Of course this may simply be a case of a Russian lady falling off her balcony but surely a Russian would prefer a seaside town such as Pattaya or somewhere on Phuket as opposed to skyscraper Bangkok?

Russian mafia (small m) are well known for their ruthlessness towards their 'employees'.

I've seen it .

Of course you have.

Oh well.......time for me to put on my green beret, abseil down a 5 km cliff before taking out 25 terrorists with my pocket knife and a matchstick

WOW!

I am impressed!

Are you Rambo?

tongue.png

Edit

The matchstick?

Oh, to light the cigarette after your mission, I guess?

Duh! The pocket knife is to shave the matchstick into a lethal pointy sharp thing. (Its a super Rambo trick)

Now that I've told you I'm gonna have to take you out with a 7-11 stamp. :-(

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by the relevance of a half-smoked cigarette. Was it extinguished or still burning?RIP to the lady whatever the circumstances.

Precisely, but then what is the relevance of extinguished or still smoking fag end?

I'd presume, it's simply an indicator that perhaps another person was present at or around the time of her death in that location. If so, it would seem a pretty good idea to find out who that was.

Accidents do happen, but they are most unlikely.

Sadly, Thailand is not known for caring about its own females, much less than for Russian girls, which, let's face it,

why would a Russian girl want to be in Thailand? And, in Bangkok?

if you were a 28 year old Russian girl, would this be your first choice, Asoke?

post-214613-0-12781300-1407007641_thumb.

I made many Balcony's and balustrades here in europe , height here is standard 110 cm or higher .

We make them in glass , without stainless or wooden top-rail the glass is 10mm/4 pvb safety foil / 10mm .

It's expensive , but safe , the edge is to small to sit on , does not break into pieces , impact resistand .

was that an advert ?

Nope , I don't want to work in Thailand , maybe just give some free advice .

Police said they were looking for her friend to find out the exact cause of the death.

Why? Is the friend a medical examiner?

Probably lost, somewhat, in translation.you need to remember that a lot of these articles are translated or written by non native speakers! Use your common sense and you will get the gist..the friend will help their investigation is what they are trying to say!..obviously. .

Sent from my SM-T2105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No doubt a lot was lost from the original Swahili report. They really do need to get some native Thai reporters on the job.

Frankly I was a bit lost after medical examiner, now if the friend was a pathologist.

The news is often poorly translated into English, <flame comment removed> !

People here always jump on news articles without allowing for this fact...

Sent from my SM-T2105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by metisdead

Does our inability to understand murdered english,

change anyone's intent on getting to the bottom of a murder of a white woman, the target of every skin whitening darker woman in Thailand?

this could have been anything, but suicide it is not.

who benefits by the arrest and incarceration of a Thai national, or a bribe paying foreigner, for a girl that is already dead, and was not a ciciten of Thailand?

the land of smiles

May she rest in peace.

Meanwhile Bangkok must be by far the world's #1 of people dying by falling from high floor balconies. Are the railings there too low perhaps? Or are they a convenient way to "get rid of people,without the BiB doing anything about it"?

" Are the railings there too low perhaps?"

An interesting question. Many Thai buildings seem to have kitchen and bathroom counters lower than westerners are used to. Normally they are about waist high. Thais are generally shorter than many farangs, I wonder if this is also the case with the balcony railings? It appears a larger proportion of farangs take a balcony dive than Thais.

Perhaps someone with experience in Thai construction standards can clarify.

You will probably find that Hong Kong has the most deaths form falling off balconies or jumping off buildings. I know 2 people from there who have used this exit method sadly.

"In Hong Kong it accounted for over half of all suicides in 20061, so easy access to tall buildings seems to impact the propensity to use this method."

Not that we know the reason in this case.

May she rest in peace.

Meanwhile Bangkok must be by far the world's #1 of people dying by falling from high floor balconies. Are the railings there too low perhaps? Or are they a convenient way to "get rid of people,without the BiB doing anything about it"?

" Are the railings there too low perhaps?"

An interesting question. Many Thai buildings seem to have kitchen and bathroom counters lower than westerners are used to. Normally they are about waist high. Thais are generally shorter than many farangs, I wonder if this is also the case with the balcony railings? It appears a larger proportion of farangs take a balcony dive than Thais.

Perhaps someone with experience in Thai construction standards can clarify.

You will probably find that Hong Kong has the most deaths form falling off balconies or jumping off buildings. I know 2 people from there who have used this exit method sadly.

"In Hong Kong it accounted for over half of all suicides in 20061, so easy access to tall buildings seems to impact the propensity to use this method."

Not that we know the reason in this case.

And quite rightly so, without access to guns so easily jumping from a building seems like the best way to do it. I have considered it back in my teens and if I had a terminal disease I probably would consider it again. Quick and easy, let gravity do the work

You'll see higher end condos and hotel balconies following international standards here; however, cheaper end ones are below international standards generally.

You'll see higher end condos and hotel balconies following international standards here; however, cheaper end ones are below international standards generally.

I've been on several balconies in Thailand with railings that felt uncomfortably low.

........a half smoked cigarette at the corridor and a cigarette tray..........

....this would imply a visitor.........

or she smoked in the corridor to stop the smell of smoke in her room

kind of makes more sense to smoke on her balcony right?

not really considering the result

I been looking around on the net found what i was looking for.

the building looks "yeah" topnotch the railings about a meter high,

She dident slip "put it that way". Seein as it was 34 stry fall her body

is in good codition broken but intact.

Good looking blond bird a waste realy it turns out her sister was across

the hall in another room and she was with her friend as earlyer reported.

Cause of death? off hand I'd say the impact from the fall killed her. But I could be wrong after all this is Thailand. What line of work was she in at 28 office work?

Dunno she has tattoos on her right forearm and sillicon butt implants that indicates

not a lot of sitting "BUTT" who knows!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This happens far too often and is why I insist on no higher than 1st floor.

I like between the fourth & seventh floor, and I have a collapsable sliding door lock I put in the door rails......found it in a store in San Francisco...............It takes a concentrated effort to unlock that puppy, so no accidents.................I can only fall off the Balcony on purpose, or pushed, no tripping, no accidents. It doesn't work everywhere, but most places thumbsup.gif