What happens at Suvarn. if you have to declare at customs ?

Alfa

Hi, I wonder what happens when you pass the customs at Suvarn. if you have things you have to declare. Do they take tax from you ? Can you take them with you, after you paid the fee ?

I want to take 10-15 hats with me, as presents for my friends. Do they stop me for that ?

I've even heard that , a tourist can not have belongings more than 10k THB worth when they leave Thailand. Is that true ? What happens if you have, when they stop you ? for ex. a laptop or an I-phone, which are valued more than 10k.

Do you have any experience, when you leave Thailand or when you arrive to Suvarn. ?  Do they check more people now, compare to before ?

I've heard that some salesman come to Thailand and buy some cheap silk ties and go back home and sell them at home with a big profit, at the same time have a free holiday in Thailand. The man told me he could put 500 ties in a suitcase. That's business.

But why do they have to limit the belongings for a retired tourist with a long stay visa.

Did they check your belongings when you leave Thailand at Suvarnabhumi or when you arrived to Suvarnabhumi recently ? I wish to hear ? Thanks a lot.

I'll write a new topic when I comeback to Thailand with my experience about the customs.

Preparing for the 2 weeks trip home.

Cheers

I always purposely display my cig/alcohol in that see through plastic bag and put it deliberately on my front trolley for all to see.

But..... it's all an illusion.

I will not say what is in my real baggage. cheesy.gif

It's just a mental illusion. Today if I didn't have that see through plastic with 1 cig, they will be suspicious of what's in my hidden baggage. But by displaying, I look like a good guy.

Not a bad idea, does it work for weed ?

:-)

• Like 1

Just the kind of post that the Thai's reading, will make them scratch their heads and think, maybe we should crackdown on customs too. It seems to be working for the visa scam. With all that is happening these days, you would think folk's would be a little more discrete about what they post nowadays. Dodgy schemes should be given a rest. 

I asked many people. What I could make out is that they know that there are many shops or business people who sell expensive watches or branded bags, clothes etc which they should usually pay tax . The way they bring these items to Thailand is by travelers who are coming to Thailand. They either wear these items or put them in bag as second hand clothes. Now they want to stop these. What I heard is that they are looking for these kind of items and not for used laptop or mobile etc.

I always purposely display my cig/alcohol in that see through plastic bag and put it deliberately on my front trolley for all to see.

It's just a mental illusion. Today if I didn't have that see through plastic with 1 cig, they will be suspicious of what's in my hidden baggage. But by displaying, I look like a good guy.

Wrong Jack, they know that, you think they are stupid. I have declared money 3 times coming in no problems they just take you into office and you sign a form get a copy and that's it, they are very nice and civil.

Thanks a lot for suggestions,  These hats I bought for 50 baht each, very cheap. That's why I bought many to give as presents to my friends for the next Christmas, because they are expensive to buy in Stockholm. They are hand made and very good to use in winter time, keeps warm , woolen hats, actually it is toque, biggin or ski hat. Probably they want me to pay 7 % tax, I hope I can take them with me to Stockholm. When I turn back I'll have in my suitcase 10 kg. dried mountain figs because I love to eat figs very much and I can not find them here. We call them fikon or ficus carica in Latin. I'll see if they want me to pay tax for it too. Rules, rules everywhere, I hate rules. We are not criminals or something.

I let you know what happened when I comeback.

Cheers to everybody.

Thanks a lot for suggestions,  These hats I bought for 50 baht each, very cheap. That's why I bought many to give as presents to my friends for the next Christmas, because they are expensive to buy in Stockholm. They are hand made and very good to use in winter time, keeps warm , woolen hats, actually it is toque, biggin or ski hat. Probably they want me to pay 7 % tax, I hope I can take them with me to Stockholm. When I turn back I'll have in my suitcase 10 kg. dried mountain figs because I love to eat figs very much and I can not find them here. We call them fikon or ficus carica in Latin. I'll see if they want me to pay tax for it too. Rules, rules everywhere, I hate rules. We are not criminals or something.

I let you know what happened when I comeback.

Cheers to everybody.

You can take all the hats, silk ties, silk underwear - anything you want OUT of Thailand... your issue will be with Swedish customs when you arrive home.

I don't understand why you should have an issue going out of the country, you've bought the goods, you're supporting local business and economy why should you be charged tax for taking the goods out, your issues can only be with the county you're going to, they want the due importation taxes, all governments like to collect that.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wrong Jack, they know that, you think they are stupid. I have declared money 3 times coming in no problems they just take you into office and you sign a form get a copy and that's it, they are very nice and civil.

Ohhh shaureen. Wrong where?

You shaureen, think they are stupid. You are a victim of your own thoughts. Go ahead and rereard, anywhere that states what you have assumed in my post.

Always have, and always will be, I have good relations with customs and immigration. And I always did what I posted. The only wrong here is your eye and that brain behind it.

I've done money reporting too, so? Irrelevant to the OP's concern. We are talking about items here. smart ***

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hi  Langsuan Man,

Have I missed something in my many departure out of Thailand ?

I have never seen a Customs station on departure, only upon arrival 

Very Clever Answer. You are right, there are no customs at departures, But I was thinking, after check in , you pass the x-ray control with your hand baggage, there they can look at your hand baggage. I take everything with me because I don't have any suitcase and too old to carry and lift it.

I'll see , what they say, maybe I have to pay some tax in Stockholm, which is 25 % now.

Thanks

Edited by Alfa

Yeah right, absolute nonsense.

I got pulled over with a duty free bag hanging on my trolley. I was quite happy for them to look through my luggage, they were more perplexed as to why I had no cigarettes or alcohol in my duty free.