Samui Immigration Office in Maenam Open Next Week?

Not ware there is a SIO in Maenam.... although there was a sign a Soi one a few years back there would be a new one there!

Not seen evidence of more than the sign.wink.png

No holidays marked until Tuesday 12th August, .... so you should be OK if you head to Nathon.... thumbsup.gif

On an island the size of Samui why would they need 2 Immigration offices ? It isn't exactly a hardship getting to Nathon from anywhere on Samui now is it ?

It is not that there will be 2 offices, they are closing the office in Nathon and moving to a (larger?) office in Maenam, last time I asked the move was going to be in October (this was a couple of months ago so things could have changed).

• Like 2

The sign I originally saw was on Soi One, Maenam.... perhaps two years back? But my last trip up there a week or two ago, saw no evidence of a new government building...

Perhaps Robsamui, has seen?... his neck of the woods! whistling.gif

.... unless they changed location from where the sign was.... I've not seen that for a while either! blink.png

I was passing SOI 1 (Maenam) a few months ago looking for the said Immigration Office

It is there if only half finished at the time. Not been up there since so do not have the opening Date.

It is 100-150 metres up the road with a picture signpost (Left) showing that the turning is immediately opposite, In view the building is about 5o metre down the road. Looks much better than Nathon and very handy for chaweng and surrounding residents.

I was passing SOI 1 (Maenam) a few months ago looking for the said Immigration Office

It is there if only half finished at the time. Not been up there since so do not have the opening Date.

It is 100-150 metres up the road with a picture signpost (Left) showing that the turning is immediately opposite, In view the building is about 5o metre down the road. Looks much better than Nathon and very handy for chaweng and surrounding residents.

They had planned to open in Oct but at the moment it's doubtful if they'll open this year.

(explained during a recent visit to their current office).

HTH

Edited by evadgib

Found this the other day.... not any different than NMS's photo ^ he provided .... saw one guy working ....

Sure going to have an impact on Soi One and turning onto or off the ring road.... I guess the now fairly quiet trip from Lamai will be lots busierfacepalm.gif

That's a long driveway too, one would hope it will be paved to cut down dust! whistling.gif

I think being open by October, might be pushing it! wink.png

• 6 months later...

Does anyone have something new to report?? Time moves in mysterious ways in Thailand laugh.png

Nope - it's been as dead as a doornail for months - I glace that way every time I pass.

No trucks or vehicles outside, no sign of people working - although in spite of this I heard the sound of a tile cutter before Christmas.

(Someone inside nicking the floor tiles, I expect, everything's wide open with no security.)

R

• Like 2

Last month an IO told me they will open the new office in March. Let's see...

I would not hold your breath on that....wink.png

I took a boo, yesterday, nothing has changed in months, as Rob says, ^ I doubt too, that there are any tiles laid to steal !

I forgot to ask at the not so busy Nathon office this morning for their update...

I think this thread should be closed, until there is more concrete evidence some thing is happening again! (Pun intended!) tongue.png