(Image Dhamma) Just let it go.

PimonratC

Question #1 - If there was no universe and there could be something... why would it manifest through suffering ?

Don't bother to tell me "Desire gives rise to suffering and so on".

I ask you to think about my question and provide the answer to yourself.

Remember: There is nothing. Not even Nirvana. So there has to be a good reason for suffering to even exist.

Question #2 - Are you sure suffering _______?

Fill in the blank.

Question #3 - As "nothing" cannot exist likewise ignorance does not itself exist therefore "everything" does not ________

Fill in the blank.

Question #4 - As all manifest phenomena is said to exist in a state of Nirvana, yet Nirvana is empty like the sky, can you therefore name the selfless nature of Nirvana, and all of reality, with one word ?

The nature of Nirvana is _________ and it can be named as __________

Edited by RandomSand

Without desire there would be no ambition , without ambition we would still be living in caves.

If a cavewoman suggested to me "If you clear out that cave we'll have a cuddle together inside"...but I didn't desire to..... hang-on a moment; why would she say that? she wouldn't desire anything...

What is desire and how might it occur in the first place?

--Is it a in some way intertwined with causality ?

I'm very passionate about these topics I must admit.

Edited by RandomSand

• 1 month later...

When I desire a bargirl my wallet suffers.

Your wallet is an inanimate object incapable of feeling any emotions, whether joy or suffering. If it were capable of feelings, it would probably not suffer at all when you desire a bargirl. It would feel enlightened because of its release from its heavy load of bank notes. wink.png

Without desire there would be no ambition , without ambition we would still be living in caves.

That's an interesting conundrum..

Any takers?

I don't think it's a question of discarding ambition.

I think it's more about a practice in which:

We increasingly become aware of our conditioning and the way it shapes our desires.

We eventually experience the loop from sensory contact to becoming and how we are attached to this.

We become increasingly aware of our conditioning, rooted in aversion, delusion & greed.

We become increasingly exposed to our true nature which, in time, becomes our new driving force.

It's not about wiping out ambition.

It's about discarding motivation driven by aversion, delusion & greed.

It's about replacing that which is impermanent and conditioned with that which is permanent and unconditioned.

Edited by rockyysdt

• 2 weeks later...