Gaza school strike 'criminal' - UN

webfact

Death from Hamas rockets last year = 0

Thanks to Iron Dome and not from lack of trying. However, there has been plenty of property damage and numerous injuries. It makes life miserable for Israelis who live within range. The booms of rocket fire destroy Israeli homes and forces people to scramble and hide when sirens sound. And let us not forget that there were plenty of deaths from suicide bombers before Israel figured out how to put a stop to that.

Oh Really?

2007 - 2807 rocket attacks, 2 killed.

2008 - 3716 rocket attacks, 8 killed.

2009 - 858 rocket attacks, 0 killed.

2010 - 365 rocket attacks, 1 killed.

Iron Dome is installed

2011 - 680 rocket attacks, 2 killed.

2012 - 2273 rocket attacks, 6 killed.

2013 - 44 rocket attacks, 0 killed

2014 - 3700+ rocket attacks, 6 killed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel

Edited by kblaze

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But so many people now in the wake of the Gaza conflict think it is OK now to openly express hate speech towards Jews. And they are doing it, all over the world, and here on this forum. People who obviously always felt that way, but now, OPEN SEASON.

Yes, Jing hate speeches.... open season, openly express hate, one assumes this fits your definition then ?

http://occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com/2014/07/16/gazaunderattack-mothers-of-all-palestinians-must-be-killed-israeli-mp/

• Like 1

Nonsense. It has been widely reported.

The reason became apparent this week as several journalists reported being threatened and even expelled from Gaza for highlighting that the terrorist organization used civilian sites to attack Israel.

Reporters from Italy and the US corroborated the IDFs explanation for explosions near the Shifa Hospital in Gaza City and by a playground in the nearby Shati refugee camp on Tuesday that it was the result of misfired rockets by Gazan terrorists.

One altered his report, however and another waited to leave Gaza, because he feared retribution from Hamas.

http://www.jpost.com/Operation-Protective-Edge/Journalists-threatened-by-Hamas-for-reporting-use-of-human-shields-369619

How many stories have you seen about humanitarian supplies flowing from Israel to Gaza in the midst of this bloody conflict and the hundreds of Gazans treated in Israeli hospitals?

The explanation: Hamas restricts what journalists in Gaza may film, photograph and even write about. Hamas threatens and intimidates journalists who do not follow what might be called Hamas rules rules designed to shape media coverage and influence perceptions around the world.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/5/may-hamas-rules/#ixzz39mKDG148

should read: "humanitarian supplies allowed to flow from Israel to Gaza"

Humanitarian groups, the UN, and Palestinian aid agencies are sending the vast majority of aid.

I'm not saying you explicitly meant Israel was providing the aid, but the wording leaves it open to interpretation.

The IDF's twitter says things like "We have transferred..." and it drives me nuts because it sounds like they are sending the goods, when it reality they are just allowing them to cross.

post-63733-0-33157800-1407486866_thumb.j

• Like 1

But so many people now in the wake of the Gaza conflict think it is OK now to openly express hate speech towards Jews. And they are doing it, all over the world, and here on this forum. People who obviously always felt that way, but now, OPEN SEASON.

Yes, Jing hate speeches.... open season, openly express hate, one assumes this fits your definition then ?

http://occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com/2014/07/16/gazaunderattack-mothers-of-all-palestinians-must-be-killed-israeli-mp/

Yes. That is extremely despicable. Do you want a prize that you have found one MP who says disgusting things? She is an MP, she is not the head of the Israeli government and there is no evidence her murderous views are Israeli government policy.

Anyone who knows my posting history knows I have never favored far right wing Israeli politicians or the west bank settlement movement. Not the same thing as defending the right of Israel to defend itself from forces that don't accept it's right to exist on any borders.

Not sure what your point is except to personally bait me and try to divert from the point that I made. It doesn't refute what I have said that people are now attacking JEWS just for being JEWS all over the world now. Did you hear about the incident in Sydney?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/bondi-racist-bus-attack-jewish-schools-on-alert-after-eight-males-threaten-to-cut-schoolchildrens-throats-five-teenagers-arrested/story-fni0cx4q-1227015860427

Edited by Jingthing

Yes. That is extremely despicable. Do you want a prize that you have found one MP who says disgusting things? She is an MP, she is not the head of the Israeli government and there is no evidence her murderous views are Israeli government policy.

Anyone who knows my posting history knows I have never favored far right wing Israeli politicians or the west bank settlement movement. Not the same thing as defending the right of Israel to defend itself from forces that don't accept it's right to exist on any borders.

Not sure what your point is except to personally bait me and try to divert from the point that I made. It doesn't refute what I have said that people are now attacking JEWS just for being JEWS all over the world now. Did you hear about the incident in Sydney?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/bondi-racist-bus-attack-jewish-schools-on-alert-after-eight-males-threaten-to-cut-schoolchildrens-throats-five-teenagers-arrested/story-fni0cx4q-1227015860427

Australia is my country and I am sad that schoolchildren are even preoccupying their minds with this.

But what do you honestly expect when we see a video (posted in one of these threads recently) of a young Israeli woman sitting on a sofa on the top of the hill with all her friends like a scene from the hunger games movie where they are viewing the killing of Palestinians in the distance like a spectator sport and so nonchalantly telling the interviewer personally she thinks Palestine should be razed to the ground.

Cause and effect

• Like 1

Jews expect Judeophobia, that's the history of the Jews, and are rarely disappointed. No rationale is ever needed. Trust me on that. It's just that now the haters which were always there are feeling that this is now allowed and popular and they feel liberated to openly express it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/10279886/The-Story-of-the-Jews-BBC-Two-review.html

“The Jewish imagination is paranoia, confirmed by history,”

Edited by Jingthing

not trying to bait you in the least Jing, but you did launch into a diatribe about many people making open hate speeches and I asking the question as to whether you would consider this a hate speech ?... why are you getting so defensive ?

wasnt asking for whether it was Israeli goverment policy or anything like that or ask for examples of what has happened in Sydney or If you should give me prize, all I enquired was whether what I linked is considered a hate speech or not ?

I wasn't born yesterday. Of course you were baiting me. Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

Sadly, Jingthing, some people are not aware that there is diversity of opinion amongst Jews. Sure, the majority of Israelis (and some Jews) support the warmongering extremist elements of Israel and should be condemned for this.

But, unfortunately, there are many people in the world who are not particularly intelligent, and cannot distinguish between Jewish identity and support for Israeli fanatics. I share your complete aversion to those young men who subjected the Jewish kids to this treatment in Sydney, Australia.

There are, similarly, people who are not sufficiently able to distinguish between a Hamas soldier and a child. On the evidence, it seems that there are at least a few of these in the IDF. I hope you share my aversion for these bullies as well, who have not only threatened to harm - but have actually killed over 400 children in Gaza in the past few weeks.

Edited by CBR250
  • Like 1

But what do you honestly expect when we see a video (posted in one of these threads recently) of a young Israeli woman sitting on a sofa on the top of the hill with all her friends like a scene from the hunger games movie

What malarkey. Can you name a country on earth where no one would watch a military conflict taking place in the distance? Human being are curious in every country.

Now, cheering rockets, purposely launched at civilians is a different story.

Sadly, Jingthing, some people are not aware that there is diversity of opinion amongst Jews. Sure, the majority of Israelis (and some Jews) support the warmongering extremist elements of Israel and should be condemned for this.

But, unfortunately, there are many people in the world who are not particularly intelligent, and cannot distinguish between Jewish identity and support for Israeli fanatics. I share your complete aversion to those young men who subjected the Jewish kids to this treatment in Sydney, Australia.

There are, similarly, people who are not sufficiently able to distinguish between a Hamas soldier and a child. On the evidence, it seems that there are at least a few of these in the IDF. I hope you share my aversion for these bullies as well, who have not only threatened to harm - but have actually killed over 400 children in Gaza in the past few weeks.

Why does Israel need to conceal the truth about its military actions? If the IDF is so confident that its actions are justified there should be no need to cover things up?

• Like 1

not trying to bait you in the least Jing, but you did launch into a diatribe about many people making open hate speeches and I asking the question as to whether you would consider this a hate speech ?... why are you getting so defensive ?

wasnt asking for whether it was Israeli goverment policy or anything like that or ask for examples of what has happened in Sydney or If you should give me prize, all I enquired was whether what I linked is considered a hate speech or not ?

I wasn't born yesterday. Of course you were baiting me. Cheers.

I know you werent born yesterday Jing, I have read your posts, I think I am correct in saying your a retiree in Pattaya who favours the Baht buss as his mode of transportation ?

your not a mind reader, so please dont infer you know what I was thinking / intending when I posted, the intent was a simple question, dont make it out to be something its not

Yes there are topics I will bait and take the p*ss out of, there are others, I will not, this is one of those topics, simply because far too many start getting too touchy about the comments and start taking things personally

• Like 1

OK JT, a timely coincidence for your last post about the young Jewish kids being threatened on a bus in Australia....

I was just flicking through The Times of Israel (online, of course). A story dated yesterday notes:

"During the war, this hatred [has] spiraled to new levels of physical abuse among Arab citizens. Innumerable stories range from small acts of abuse, like spitting and physical shoving of Arab women on Haifa busses, to the ordeal experienced by Amir Shwiki and Samer Mahfouz from Beit Hanina. These 20-year-olds were beaten unconsciousness with iron bars and baseball bats by Jewish hoodlums as they waited for the Jerusalem light rail."

Source: http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/healing-arab-israeli-terror/

So, again, I invite you to join me in soundly condemning acts of racism not only against Jews, but also those perpetrated by Jews. Ethno-centrism is unhealthy in all its forms.

• Like 2

Why does Israel need to conceal the truth about its military actions?

Why does any country conceal their military activities in the middle of warfare? That is situation normal with pretty much any army in any country. whistling.gif

It's not a normal military activity to kill a defenceless woman in her own home as shown in thatvideo. That is a war crimebah.gif

• Like 2

Hmmm, no Gaza news as lead BBC headline today, instead they lead with ISIS taking over a Christian town and the UN condemning it, incidentally there are more refugees caused by ISIS than there are in Gaza.

But why no Gaza until you go down to minor news items? Perhaps it's due to Hamas refusing to extend the ceasefire unless they get a deep sea port and threatening to cause thousands of deaths with their new generation of rockets, now none of that is news is it, until Israel retaliates that is.

Maybe because BBC News covers world news rather than just the bits you're interested in? If you want full coverage of the Gaza problem I'm sure that DEBKA and Pamela Geller will oblige you cheesy.gif

I don't know where he is looking, but on the BBC news home page at the time of writing Gaza is the second item after Iraq!

Israel strikes Gaza amid rocket fire

Israel says it has resumed air strikes in Gaza after Palestinian militants fired rockets following the end of a three-day ceasefire.

BTW, Steely Dan, what about the approx. 5 million Palestinian refugees living not only in Gaza and the West Bank, but in neighbouring countries?

Unfortunately for them, much of the rest of the world have also forgotten them or simply don't care.

Which applies to you?

Edited by 7by7

So, again, I invite you to join me in soundly condemning acts of racism not only against Jews, but also those perpetrated by Jews. Ethno-centrism is unhealthy in all its forms.

Yes, very sad to attack any innocent person, but, luckily, not all that common a crime.

Why does Israel need to conceal the truth about its military actions?

Why does any country conceal their military activities in the middle of warfare? That is situation normal with pretty much any army in any country. whistling.gif

It's not a normal military activity to kill a defenceless woman in her own home as shown in thatvideo. That is a war crimebah.gif

but IDF brushes those things aside ................

Netanyahu asks US to help Israel avoid war crime charges

WASHINGTON — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu asked US lawmakers Wednesday to help fend off Palestinian claims that his country engaged in “war crimes” while defending itself against attacks from Gaza, one top lawmaker told The Post.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/06/netanyahu-asks-us-to-help-israel-avoid-war-crime-charges/

shocking

Mounting evidence of deliberate attacks on Gaza health workers by Israeli army

An immediate investigation is needed into mounting evidence that the Israel Defense Forces launched apparently deliberate attacks against hospitals and health professionals in Gaza, which have left six medics dead, said Amnesty International as it released disturbing testimonies from doctors, nurses, and ambulance personnel working in the area.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/mounting-evidence-deliberate-attacks-gaza-health-workers-israeli-army-2014-08-07

Edited by midas
  • Like 2

BTW, Steely Dan, what about the approx. 5 million Palestinian refugees[/url] living not only in Gaza and the West Bank, but in neighbouring countries?

Of course you realize that much of the responsibility for that situation, belongs to the Arabs themselves. They purposely did did not absorb them back into the countries that many had come from in the first place.

"The Arab states do not want to solve the refugee problem. They want to keep it as an open sore, as an affront to the United Nations and as a weapon against Israel. Arab leaders don't give a damn whether the refugees live or die."

- Ralph Galloway, former head of the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), in Amman, Jordan, August 1958

"In general, one can say that Arab governments regarded the destruction of the State of Israel as a more pressing matter than the welfare of the Palestinian refugees. Palestinian bitterness and anger had to be kept alive. It was clear that this could best be done by ensuring that a great many Palestinians Arabs continued to live under sub-normal conditions, the victims of hunger and poverty. No Arab Government preached this as a defined policy; most Arab Governments tacitly put it into practice."

- Terrence Prittie and Bernard Dineen, in "The Double Exodus: A Study of Arab and Jewish Refugees in the Middle East"

The decision to sacrifice them [the Palestinian Arab refugees] to the cause of Israel's destruction was clearly enunciated in the aftermath of 1948-49 (keep them in camps so they can learn hate and seek revenge), and no action by Arab elites has shown evidence of a change of heart.

- David S. Landes and Richard A. Landes, The New Republic, September 8, 1997

"Since 1948 Arab leaders have approached the Palestine problem in an irresponsible manner. They have not looked into the future. They have no plan or approach. They have used the Palestine people for selfish political purposes. This is ridiculous and, I could say, criminal."

- Jordan's King Hussein, Associated Press, Jan 1960

"

Edited by Ulysses G.

<snip>

You (snotgoblin) are right Jewish is not a nationality.

Then why do you repeatedly label criticism of Israel as Judeophobic and similar!

People who criticise Israeli actions in Gaza are not criticising Jews they are criticising the Israeli government and the IDF!

People who abhor the actions of the Israeli government and the IDF do not abhor Jews, they abhor the actions of the Israeli government and the IDF.

Not fooled by your spin. A huge percentage of people complaining about Israel (which yes of course is the world's only Jewish majority state and which existence is supported by the vast majority of global Jews) defending themselves against a Jihadist genocidal force like Hamas are just Jew haters. So many people take cover saying they are anti-Zionist and anti-Israel when they are just Jew haters. Not all. Many. Including many here who have totally outed themselves. Sometimes they are blatant. Sometimes they are subtle. You can deny this 1000 times but the truth is apparent.

I know some mentally ill people are going to (or already do) believe the hate speech garbage in this video ... but presented as further evidence of how bad the Jew hatred really is now that they have been let out of the closet by news events which they feeling "justify" their disease of hatred:

Edited by Jingthing

OK JT, a timely coincidence for your last post about the young Jewish kids being threatened on a bus in Australia....

I was just flicking through The Times of Israel (online, of course). A story dated yesterday notes:

"During the war, this hatred [has] spiraled to new levels of physical abuse among Arab citizens. Innumerable stories range from small acts of abuse, like spitting and physical shoving of Arab women on Haifa busses, to the ordeal experienced by Amir Shwiki and Samer Mahfouz from Beit Hanina. These 20-year-olds were beaten unconsciousness with iron bars and baseball bats by Jewish hoodlums as they waited for the Jerusalem light rail."

Source: http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/healing-arab-israeli-terror/

You are just baiting me. You know full well I would condemn such actions. You are just trying to change the topic too ... that Jew haters all over the world feel it is open season on Jews. Arabs in France aren't worried about being attacked by Jews in France ... but Jews in France are correctly worried about violence from multiple factions, neo-Nazis, crazed "progressives", Islamists, etc.

• Like 1

So instead you post rubbish about a relative handful of nut job Jew haters like the above and try to convince us, but mainly yourself, that they represent all those who criticise the Israeli government and the IDF!.

Now that you bring it up, you are the one who tried to justify all the neo-Nazis , Radical Islamists and other anti-Semitic groups marching in those protests and pretend like they were just "concerned" about the Palestinians. It seems like you are trying to convince yourself of a few things too. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Numerous off-topic posts and replies have been removed along with replies. More should be removed, but I am hoping that members will stay on the topic, which is about the Gaza school strike.

The tragedy of Naziism is not that genocide can occur , but that in the face of genocide decent people do nothing. This is the choice that faces the israeli public in 2014, same as the Germans were faced with in the 1930's.

• Like 1

Hamas call for genocide in their charter. Save your lectures for the radical Islamists who hope for it, with all their black hearts. rolleyes.gif

And the list gets longer...

http://www.jewwatch.com/jew-genocide-folder.htm

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

No Jew hating posts here. Oh no!

So many Judeophobes coming out from under their rocks these days that rocks are starting to feel lonely ...

Edited by Jingthing