Gaza school strike 'criminal' - UN

webfact

Shows the pathetic defense you put forward for "Israels war crimes" when you have to talk about Jews, writing it 6 times.

Brother, I am not defending any alleged war crimes, of Israel or any country. I am just pointing out that opposition to Israel's military policies are no excuse or justification for Judeophobia.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now perhaps the Zionists might just come to realise that their actions are actually endangering the Israeli cause.

.>>A tiny country surrounded by everyone who wants them dead- not because of the local land issue but because they are JEWS,<<

And your assertion for this is what exactly?

No one here is anti jew, anti semite, or Judeophobic.

Why do you persist in trying to sneak this lie in every time.

Wow, you have asked me to intellectually defend a comment and before I have you declare I am a liar, and effectively lie every time I post. This is representative of the false logic and ad hominen innuendo that persists both in these pages and throughout the world regarding this subject. Many topics have passionate representations and false representations but on this particular matter people die! Facts are important, and not insidious character assaults like yours. Your declaration that "No one here is anti jew..." presumes you are both talking about TV and that you have polled everyone here; this is ludicrous. As much as it would be absurd for me to suggest that reasonable people who disagree with me are anti-semites your statement that none are is preposterous. Read the posts; surely some are. Nevertheless, your post screams of surrealism.

With regard to the issue you used as a fulcrum to insult me, you are incorrect (surprise). Israel is surrounded on nearly all sides by others who want them dead! The only side that does not want them dead is the one that is the sea. The sea in this regard is the tactical suicide locale that has Israel insisting to now hold the lands that were used to nearly push them militarily to the sea in 60s/70s- the one location that does not want Jews dead. (This is the same concept as stampeding buffalo over a cliff. Thus the tactical depth insisted upon Israel now was once proven to be the tactical assembly area to assault them in former wars, by all the others who want Jews dead).

It is both enshrined in holy writ and the life of the revelator of the holy writ- Jew hatred. Even the States that have ostensible peace with Israel do so in opposition to their peoples, and are paid handsomely for it. To suggest Israel is not surrounded by those who hate them is pure fantasy and historical revision.

To the poster who noted Israel forged passports and... so what? Hamas does this too. Indeed, criminals do this. All States have faculties that enable such duplicity, as does Hamas. This false analogy means nothing! So what? If I had over a billion people wanting me destroyed forging passports would be the least of my protective behaviors.

Shows the pathetic defense you put forward for "Israels war crimes" when you have to talk about Jews, writing it 6 times.

Stay focused, the poster was not defending presumed "Israel war crimes." It was a post related to Jew Hatred, and Israel being surrounded by those who hate them. If you spew drivel long enough some spittle will stick to the wall. Nice try.

• Like 1

I think the majority pro-Israel sentiment in the USA is real, not fake. Of course Judeophobia exists there too as everywhere. but the USA really is different, at least in modern times.

Yes there were rabid haters like the founder of the Ford Motor company before, but these days Americans (for the most part) like their Jews!

I know some people might say, OK, the USA is a good place for Jews ... why don't all the Jews in Israel move there? Lots of reasons ... too many people to absorb, the USA hasn't invited them all and probably never would, most Jews in Israel were born there, most probably don't WANT to move to the USA, and why should they, Israelis have their OWN country and it is called ISRAEL.

http://www.jewcy.com/jewish-news/the-data-is-in-america-loves-jews

Edited by Jingthing

But you, and others, direct those accusations at anyone who criticises Israel; not just Hamas!

You are pro-Muslim/Islam to a fault so don't play that whinny card.

Thank you for proving my point so much better than I ever could!

• Like 1

But you, and others, direct those accusations at anyone who criticises Israel; not just Hamas!

You're wrong. You can say that 1000 times but it's just a fiction you have created to try to make your POV sound reasonable. I have never said, NEVER, that there is anything wrong with reasoned criticism of Israel policies. You are play acting the victim of an assault that is non-existent. However, if your rhetoric bleeds into hate speech, that's on YOU, so up to you.

It is just his usual spin. All the blame goes to Israel, but how could you possibly think that he is taking sides? rolleyes.gif

I have repeatedly asked you justify your comments that I have posted 'hate speech' or similar by quoting any post of mine which could be considered such; yet neither of you have done so; apart from one feeble attempt which showed nothing of the sort.

Now perhaps the Zionists might just come to realise that their actions are actually endangering the Israeli cause.

.>>A tiny country surrounded by everyone who wants them dead- not because of the local land issue but because they are JEWS,<<

And your assertion for this is what exactly?

No one here is anti jew, anti semite, or Judeophobic.

Why do you persist in trying to sneak this lie in every time.

There have been SEVERAL Judeophobic posts on this forum and a noticeable spike since the Israel-Hamas conflict heated up.

There have been Islamophobic and anti Arab posts on this forum, yet you don't see us reaching for these terms every time someone disagrees with us. Stop pretending the world is anti Jew, when what its really is is anti genocide.

• Like 1

You're wrong. You can say that 1000 times but it's just a fiction you have created to try to make your POV sound reasonable. I have never said, NEVER, that there is anything wrong with reasoned criticism of Israel policies. You are play acting the victim of an assault that is non-existent. However, if your rhetoric bleeds into hate speech, that's on YOU, so up to you.

It is just his usual spin. All the blame goes to Israel, but how could you possibly think that he is taking sides? rolleyes.gif

I have repeatedly asked you justify your comments

Any I have done so, but all you do is deny the obvious, so it is not worth searching though your comments over and over again. Anyone who reads you regularly knows exactly where you are coming from.

• Like 2

JERUSALEM (JTA) — United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon “deplored” the recent upsurge in anti-Semitic attacks, particularly in Europe, as a result of Israel’s operation in Gaza.

Read more: http://www.jta.org/2014/08/04/news-opinion/israel-middle-east/u-n-head-deplores-upsurge-in-anti-semitic-attacks-over-gaza#ixzz39VGZXm5n

Ajarnadawn

There above is the reason for those presumed increases in attacks upon Jewish or Israeli interests.

Below are a number of reasons to suspect that honesty is somewhat scarce in some quarters of the Israeli or Zionist administration.

Black flags?

A former Mossad officer has alleged the Israeli spy agency has its own "passport factory" to create or doctor passports for use in intelligence operations.

The Department of Foreign Affairs has confirmed that two further fake Irish passports were used by suspects in the killing of a Hamas

official in Dubai.

Britain today declared its "outrage" at the use of forged British passports by a hit squad that killed a Hamas official in Dubai, and dispatched police investigators to the Gulf emirate to collect evidence.

Six more innocent Britons were thrust into the international murder plot of a Hamas leader after it emerged yesterday that their identities had also been stolen.

The revelation means at least 12 British identities were cloned to carry out the audacious hit on Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in Dubai.

So what? Do you think other countries don't do the same? how naive.

• Like 2

JERUSALEM (JTA) — United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon “deplored” the recent upsurge in anti-Semitic attacks, particularly in Europe, as a result of Israel’s operation in Gaza.

Read more: http://www.jta.org/2014/08/04/news-opinion/israel-middle-east/u-n-head-deplores-upsurge-in-anti-semitic-attacks-over-gaza#ixzz39VGZXm5n

Ajarnadawn

There above is the reason for those presumed increases in attacks upon Jewish or Israeli interests.

Below are a number of reasons to suspect that honesty is somewhat scarce in some quarters of the Israeli or Zionist administration.

Black flags?

A former Mossad officer has alleged the Israeli spy agency has its own "passport factory" to create or doctor passports for use in intelligence operations.

The Department of Foreign Affairs has confirmed that two further fake Irish passports were used by suspects in the killing of a Hamas

official in Dubai.

Britain today declared its "outrage" at the use of forged British passports by a hit squad that killed a Hamas official in Dubai, and dispatched police investigators to the Gulf emirate to collect evidence.

Six more innocent Britons were thrust into the international murder plot of a Hamas leader after it emerged yesterday that their identities had also been stolen.

The revelation means at least 12 British identities were cloned to carry out the audacious hit on Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in Dubai.

He tried to link passport games by Israel as a justification to hate Jews. Absurd!

• Like 1

Ajarnadawn

Black flags?

official in Dubai.

He tried to link passport games by Israel as a justification to hate Jews. Absurd!

yes It's a word beginning with r and ends with sm.

• Like 1

The government of Sweden did a naughty thing.

Let's hate on white Christians! They asked for it. They deserve it.

Let's spit on white Christian people in India and deface their businesses and places of worship.

Bizarre!w00t.gif

Edited by Jingthing

I hope the faux liberals and anti-Semites closet or otherwise choke on their humble pie. Of course in time honored fashion the mud has already been thrown and the serial liars are moving on to their next concoction,

http://www.truthrevolt.org/israel-revolt/hamas-un-us-account-sundays-school-attack-looks-be-pallywood-production#.U9-0K1-GWtw.twitter

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Why do you defend the warmonger Netanyahu who has has slaughtered nearly 2000 Palestinian civilians in an act labeled war crimes.

Noam Chomsky, the renowned Jewish American thinker, says Israel has committed “a major war crime” as it continues to attack the besieged Gaza Strip.

Israel has been pressing ahead with heavy offensive on Gaza amid international condemnation to stop the bloody onslaught which has claimed the lives of at least 1,700 Palestinians. More than 9,000 people have also been injured since the beginning of the aggression nearly four weeks ago.

Chomsky told Press TV that Israel is much worse than the former apartheid regime in South Africa.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/08/02/373806/chomsky-israel-committed-war-crimes/

I do not think everyone who supports Israel necessarily expressed support for all its current action and certainly

not all support Netanyhu. Not all the Palestinians killed were civilians. The PressTV/Chomsky combo is getting

old.

Don't you find it disturbing that it is so difficult to find an accurate figure of civilian deaths...Israel says about 1,000, UN about 1,500, including 300 innocent children. Because Israel fires wantonly in heavily built up areas where civilians do not have a chance to run to safety....killing so many people, they have lost count!

"Corpses now litter the streets and casualties fill the blood-stained emergency room floors of Gaza's hospitals, a third of which have been damaged in the fighting.
Some children's bodies from the al-Ghol family, which lost nine members, were crammed into a freezer because there was no room for them in the morgue of Rafah."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2714575/Humanitarian-crisis-Gaza-half-million-homeless.html#ixzz39ULVndcR

The Israeli politicians who ordered this are monsters and scum, and the world will not forget.

I find it disturbing that some people here throw facts out the window.

All I said was that not all of the casualties on the Palestinian side are civilians.

Hamas, as a rule, does not admit or publish militants death toll. If admitted, it is done either in situations where there is simply no denying it, or post-fighting, and then too - figures provided are not always reliable. This, at least, was the case in previous confrontations, no reason to think this time will be different.

Most of the casualty figures and reports are currently based on Hamas official sources, or quotes of the same (there are some local NGOs covering this as well, but not necessarily have access to all information, plus not always reliable with figures too (as seen on previous occasions). Most of the UN figures (which are then re-hashed through quotes in media) rely on these sources. Usually takes a while for the fog to clear and a more accurate tally emerges (and contested, as a matter of routine).

I do not think that there are many who deny Israel's responsibility in this case, and personally wasn't advocating this is otherwise. I am also in the opinion that the Hamas leadership carries its fair share of the responsibility as well, though. Obviously, many are obsessed with seeing things in a simplified one-dimensional way - anyone who spent a while in a conflict prone area could say that this is rarely the case.

• Like 1

Go tell that to the friendly folks who were lobbing rockets towards Israel,if you can'take it,don't start fights!

Israel started this fight in a period of calm on June 13th ...there had been just one rocket per week falling harmlessly in the previous 3 weeks. Then they rounded up dozens of Hamas supporters on the pretext of looking for 3 kidnapped teenagers even though they already knew the teens were dead showing a callous indifference to the Israeli parents.

I am still curious about Israel's motives... pure blood lust, a vote winner , keep the conflict going to distract from the peace process and continued expansion of colonies in the West Bank, destroy Hamas? although some commentators say simply weaken them..better the devil you know than other groups who might replace them.

Any ideas anyone, because it has certainly been a disastrous PR exercise for Israel, more people than ever are now aware of what monsters they have become. It's a far cry from Israel's Declaration of Independence

• Israel is to be a state of development for the benefit of all its inhabitants;
  • Perhaps most importantly, Israel is to be a state based on the fundamentals of freedom, justice and peace, a state in which all the inhabitants will enjoy equality of social and political rights, along with freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/decind.html

Shalom

And as posted above, making claims on the basis of little knowledge of underlying conditions and realities, spiced with focusing solely on events which fit a preconceived agenda driven concept of the situation, does not indicate a very clear grasp of things, but rather hints an inherent bias. Making these claims in bold print does not make them any more true.

Curious how? Not allowing for any alternative but making it all a calculated Israeli move, does not smack of curiosity. Sort of limits the scope of discussion when one ignores certain existing factors and chooses what to bring in to debate.

For all the repeated posting, of the same claims, yet to see a serious explanation as to how outlying factors which you routinely leave unaddressed did not play a part in the current conflagration, not a single insight as to how this operation serves as a "vote winner", not a single refutation of the fact that Hamas is not into negotiation (apart from a worn link, which gets debunked over and over again).

Putting up links which have very little relevance with the situation at hand is another specialty - taking Israel's declaraion of independence now: Since when are the Palestinians inhabitants of Israel?

Trying to come off as a reasonable voice kinda fails when one employs such rhetoric as "blood lust" and "monsters".

• Like 1

Nero fiddled while Rome burned.

Except here we have civilians exterminated by Israeli bombs and artillery supplied by the USA.

If Russia was doing this there would be an outcry however the anti jew/holocaust guilt card is always played to defend

whatever evil Israel dishes out to the poor Palestinians who have live in the Gaza ghetto for years.

The world is more focused and modern media is such that today's generation will not accept the propaganda.

You cannot hide the pictures of death from the bloody hand of Netanyahu.

Russia got away with much worse in Chechnya.

But don't let that disturb you from crowning Israel as evil incarnate.

Another Zionist Chestnut

" Yes, we are evil, but there are others more evil than us"

Not at all.

The claim Jay Sata made was that if Russia was to do the same, there would be an outcry.

Reality showed that Russia got away with the same and worse, without too much complications.

More of the other way around - the original post implied Israel is getting a free pass, which is not the case.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When you use women and children as human shields, civilians die. No more criminal than Friendly Fire. Stuff happens. Get over it. Israel has the right to defend itself against Hamas, a terrorist organization. OK, you can attack me now.

To say that they're using women and children as sheilds and that this is an explanation for this attack on the school is a bit silly. You might as well say the Isreali's are doing so by staying put in Tel Aviv. Where after all are can the Gaza Palestinians to go for shelter?

Well, there are all them tunnels the Hamas dug up. Leadership seems to be pretty much unharmed. The tunnels IDF was destroying are those leading into Israel, there are others.

They are supposed to hide out in tunnels? sick.gif

If you are joking, it still doesn't take away from the tastelessness.

I am not joking and you are being obtuse.

A government has an obligation to protect its civilians.

The Hamas (elected ruler of the Gaza Strip) expanded a lot of resources into projects that could have been used as

means to protect the population in an emergency. These projects were not, at any point of the fighting, utilized in

such a manner - leaving the civilians to fend for themselves, while Hamas operatives and leadership were safely

underground.

My post was not a justification of Israel's attacks, and was not a claim that Gazans should spend their lives in tunnels.

It just pointed out that there was an emergency, a viable means to protect at least some of the population, and sadly

no inclination from Hamas to make it so.

I would think it tasteless on the part of Hamas leadership, indeed.

Nero fiddled while Rome burned.

Except here we have civilians exterminated by Israeli bombs and artillery supplied by the USA.

If Russia was doing this there would be an outcry however the anti jew/holocaust guilt card is always played to defend

whatever evil Israel dishes out to the poor Palestinians who have live in the Gaza ghetto for years.

The world is more focused and modern media is such that today's generation will not accept the propaganda.

You cannot hide the pictures of death from the bloody hand of Netanyahu.

Russia got away with much worse in Chechnya.

But don't let that disturb you from crowning Israel as evil incarnate.

Bububut Russia!!

Bububut Jordan!!

Bububut Syria!!

You defend Israel as being the most moral army in the region, the shining beacon of democracy, doing its best to protect against civilian casualties....

...But your defense is predicated on comparisons to atrocities committed by countries who have piss-poor global standards. So which is it? Why put Israel in that camp?

It is a bit hard to follow up on who said what, I guess. Especially for some posters.

So to make my position clear yet again - I do not think that Israel is a shining beacon of democracy compared with the

standards of Western nations. It is also not on the other side of the scale, where some of its neighbors reside. Choosing

which country one wished to measure Israel against changes the perception of its democratic values. Agreed that this

sometimes causes confusion when people talk about Israel. I would add, on this point, that Israel's democratic system

routinely faces challenges (moral and otherwise) which are rarely manifested in well established and generally peaceful

democracies in the West. Israel is not Norway.

Same goes for the claims regarding IDF morality - I do not personally go there much, finding that armies and warfare

generally do not make great examples of morality. But if the point is pressed, I would say that it is pretty much as what

was posted above - depends on the measuring stick and outlying circumstances.

Unless you missed it, I was not the one bringing the "but but" into the argument. The original post by Jay Sata

included the reverse version - "if Russia....etc.". My post was just to point out the fallacy of the claim - Russia in fact got

away with the Chechnya thing, while it seems that the global outcry is well in evidence with regard to Israel's actions.

It was not a defense of Israel, but a correction of a faulty argument.

I do wish people will pay attention before posting knee-jerk nonsense.

You defend Israel as being the most moral army in the region, the shining beacon of democracy, doing its best to protect against civilian casualties....

Straw Man. No one is saying that besides you. However, all three are much more true about Israel than any neighboring country.

• Like 1

Israel has broken my heart: I’m a rabbi in mourning for a Judaism being murdered by Israel

LINK

(if it doesn't come up google the title)

Quote from the article . . .

For our non-Jewish allies, the following plea: Do not let the organized Jewish community intimidate you with charges that any criticism of Israel’s brutality toward the Palestinian people proves that you are anti-Semites. Stop allowing your very justified guilt at the history of oppression your ancestors enacted on Jews to be the reason you fail to speak out vigorously against the current immoral policies of the State of Israel.

Now, where have we seen this before? whistling.gif

• Like 2

Leader Celebrates Founding of Hamas With Defiant Speech

Khaled Meshal, the political leader of Hamas, gave a defiant speech on Saturday, vowing to build an Islamic Palestinian state on all the land of Israel, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.

Speaking before tens of thousands of supporters to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the founding of Hamas, Mr. Meshal said the Jewish state would be wiped away through “resistance,” or military action. “The state will come from resistance, not negotiation,” he said. “Liberation first, then statehood.”

His voice rising to a shout, Mr. Meshal said: “Palestine is ours from the river to the sea and from the south to the north. There will be no concession on any inch of the land.” He vowed that all Palestinian refugees and their descendants would one day return to their original homes in what is now Israel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/09/world/middleeast/khaled-meshal-hamas-leader-delivers-defiant-speech-on-anniversary-celebration.html?pagewanted=all

I still don't see a single quote calling for Israel's "destruction". Do you? It's all inferences of the writer. Don't you think if he actually said it, they would have put the full quote in the article?

"Palestine is ours" "Liberation through resistance" "Israel has no right to be in Jerusalem" does not equal "Destruction of Israel".

The closest quote I found was when he tells the Al Qaida guy to not worry because they are still the same old Hamas.

But look at what the Hamas leader was actually doing in that article from 1.5 years ago; he was responding to criticism from Al Qaida that they had gone soft, were engaging the Israelis in a peace process, had stopped using suicide bombers, etc. Those are (were) good signs?

This is becoming the theatre of the absurd, you are playing with semantics.

"the Jewish state would be wiped away"

"to build an Islamic Palestinian state on all the land of Israel, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip".

"Palestine is ours from the river to the sea and from the south to the north. There will be no concession on any inch of the land"

How can you not interpret these quotes as the ideology calling for the destruction of the State of Israel; ridiculous!

You are right Simple1. I am getting into semantics, and its stupid.

The bottom line is that when Hamas is trying shore up support among the radicals, it goes radical.

Call me naive but I want to still find hope in the parts I put in bold above, primarily them being criticized by Al Qaida for joining peace processes.

That the quote is from 2012 does not mean anything radically changed since then. If one follows Hamas's own media, and

supporting countries media - it is still the same old. There are many ways to say essentially the same thing, and the same

tenant of Hamas still holds - any compromise is a temporary one, no letting go of the end goal.

It is rather the other way around: Hamas is radical, when it tries to shore up support among moderates, it speaks a bit more

moderately. Not quite the same thing.

The AQ angle (or, for that matter Islamic Jihad) has more to do with domestic politics for the control of the Gaza Strip than

with Israel.

• Like 1

Ajarnadawn

Black flags?

official in Dubai.

Whereas other intelligence services of other countries are not engages in such activities?

• Like 2

Why do you defend the warmonger Netanyahu who has has slaughtered nearly 2000 Palestinian civilians in an act labeled war crimes.

Noam Chomsky, the renowned Jewish American thinker, says Israel has committed “a major war crime” as it continues to attack the besieged Gaza Strip.

Israel has been pressing ahead with heavy offensive on Gaza amid international condemnation to stop the bloody onslaught which has claimed the lives of at least 1,700 Palestinians. More than 9,000 people have also been injured since the beginning of the aggression nearly four weeks ago.

Chomsky told Press TV that Israel is much worse than the former apartheid regime in South Africa.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/08/02/373806/chomsky-israel-committed-war-crimes/

I see a pattern here on this forum. and now in the world.

People who disagree with Israeli actions in Israel, people who were obviously already infected with Judeophobia, are now feeling that it's open season now for them to publicly act out their Judeophobia. Whether in anti-Jewish racist posts on internet forums and social media or actual violent attacks on Jewish people. I guess I'm stating the obvious but in case others aren't getting this, it's happening.

Agree. It is happening all over the world and what should be more alarming for Israel it is happening in the western countries that are the holders of values....those that sit at the top of the tree in terms of moral values, equality, democracy, law and order etc.

Judeophobia? You mean like the trotted out by gays tired old 'homophobic' that those with different or impartial views are afraid of something, or like the tired old Americanism of "if you are not with us you are against us'. Its not a tired old worn out phobia JIngthing. It is the world waking up to Israel (who should know better after WW2 events) and their repression and gradual cleansing of the Palestinians inside of the non Israel lands of the West Bank and Gaza. Perhaps the condemnation is also higher given the purging of the world for Nazi criminals that still goes on to this day while Israel on the other hand carries out a longer term slower purging of Palestine....a massive double standard in the worlds eyes if ever there was one. While one can not agree with personnel attacks on Jews one can understand why when on every side there are extremists. What that does not change is sitting right in the middle is a huge swell of world public opinion against Israel and also against American support for their actions.

Sadly, it's going to backfire badly for Jewish people. Of course it'll be the ordinary Jewish people, like the ordinary Palestinians who will bear the brunt of the backlash. Fighting fire with fire just makes more fire.

• Like 1

Agree. It is happening all over the world and what should be more alarming for Israel it is happening in the western countries that are the holders of values....those that sit at the top of the tree in terms of moral values, equality, democracy, law and order etc.

Judeophobia? You mean like the trotted out by gays tired old 'homophobic' that those with different or impartial views are afraid of something, or like the tired old Americanism of "if you are not with us you are against us'. Its not a tired old worn out phobia JIngthing. It is the world waking up to Israel (who should know better after WW2 events) and their repression and gradual cleansing of the Palestinians inside of the non Israel lands of the West Bank and Gaza. Perhaps the condemnation is also higher given the purging of the world for Nazi criminals that still goes on to this day while Israel on the other hand carries out a longer term slower purging of Palestine....a massive double standard in the worlds eyes if ever there was one. While one can not agree with personnel attacks on Jews one can understand why when on every side there are extremists. What that does not change is sitting right in the middle is a huge swell of world public opinion against Israel and also against American support for their actions.

I use the word Judeophobia only because the more appropriate word antisemitism has become impossible to use anymore on this forum. Every time it is used, some jokers try to act like they don't know that it only refers to Jews and not Arabs as well. So you can't talk about hatred of Jews on this forum like in normal society with the more common word ANTISEMITISM. So the word that makes it more specific about Jews is Judeophobia. It is NOT my choice to use it. Antisemitism is clearly the more commonly understood word. BUT ... there is no other way to communicate the concept here on THIS forum.

In fact, I feel so strongly about this, that the jokers who play games with the definition of antisemitism are so predictably persistent, that I would like to propose that the word Judeophobia be used as the STANDARD WORD on this forum to describe the hatred of Jews. It is not worth the bandwidth the play the same old games with the jokers every time the word antisemitism is used. Why not SURRENDER and use this word Judeophobia that SHUTS THEM UP?

BTW, Judeophobia as in HATRED of Jews. Not only fear. I know it has the root phobia in it, but just as in homophobia and Islamophobia it is much more about HATRED. So Judeophobia isn't a perfect word either. Sorry. It is a real word ... and I predict it will grow in usage.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Judeophobia#English

Judeophobia

1. An irrational fear or hatred of Jews.

The Israeli military policies are no justification for Judeophobia. Many people feel that they are though so now see what is happening in the world now.

http://www.unmaskedthemovie.com/trailer_clips/trailer_clips.html (Interesting trailer)

post-37101-0-75157800-1407272765_thumb.j

Other than that, yes you are correct in agreeing with me it is on the upswing since the new Gaza war.

I can't agree with your rhetoric suggestive of any equivalency between modern Israeli policies and Nazi Germany. I CAN agree there is plenty of valid criticism of Israeli policies AND Hamas that is entirely proper and needn't be poisoned by racism.

http://forward.com/articles/203170/convergence-of-hate/

This article rings true to me personally as a liberal American Jew:

We liberals simply cannot ignore the pernicious way the Israeli invasion of Gaza and the horrible civilian death toll there has given an anti-Zionist cover to attacks against Jews as Jews. In France, England, Belgium, India, etc., etc., Jews are being held responsible for Israeli actions they may not even support. In Turkey, the prime minister tells CNN that what Israel did to Palestine “has surpassed what Hitler did to them” and then confirms that he said it. Unfortunately, I could go on.

“Liberals need to recognize that there is no comfort in their position,” said Holocaust scholar Michael Berenbaum, himself a liberal. Arguing that these anti-Zionist actions are not also anti-Semitic is “making a distinction that goes against the reality of what we are experiencing today.”

Read more: http://forward.com/articles/203170/convergence-of-hate/?p=all#ixzz39YMFlLZA

Edited by Jingthing

I use the word Judeophobia only because the more appropriate word antisemitism has become impossible to use anymore on this forum. Every time it is used, some jokers try to act like they don't know that it only refers to Jews and not Arabs as well. So you can't talk about hatred of Jews on this forum like in normal society with the more common word ANTISEMITISM. So the word that makes it more specific about Jews is Judeophobia. It is NOT my choice to use it. Antisemitism is clearly the more commonly understood word. BUT ... there is no other way to communicate the concept here on THIS forum.

In fact, I feel so strongly about this, that the jokers who play games with the definition of antisemitism are so predictably persistent, that I would like to propose that the word Judeophobia be used as the STANDARD WORD on this forum to describe the hatred of Jews. It is not worth the bandwidth the play the same old games with the jokers every time the word antisemitism is used. Why not SURRENDER and use this word Judeophobia that SHUTS THEM UP?

BTW, Judeophobia as in HATRED of Jews. Not only fear. I know it has the root phobia in it, but just as in homophobia and Islamophobia it is much more about HATRED. So Judeophobia isn't a perfect word either. Sorry. It is a real word ... and I predict it will grow in usage.

I used to have a girlfriend called Judy ... but being an Aussie, it was shortened to Jude.

Hey Jude ... how's it going? was often heard.

I think that Jude isn't going to be happy about this ... she has rights also.