Local Amphur demanding 2000 Bahts

do we have to fill these forms in (foreigner and housemaster) if for instance wife owns house and foreigner reports living there on visa extension and 90 day reports?

-------------------

Yes, I believe so.

But it has nothing to do with 90 day reporting as far as I know.

The law simply states that a house owner who has a foreigner living with them must report that fact within 24 hours of that person's arrival (as I understand it).

Actually this law is not new, it has been around for some years.

Just like many things in Thailand it has simply been quite often ignored.

Now with the military, they are simply enforcing the old law.

And the 2000 Baht fine for not reporting it before on your arrival is the correct amount.

In my case, I retired in 2010 and stayed with my Thai girlfriend and her family for 2 years.

Back then, nobody wanted to take my notification..... at least here in Bangkok.

All part of the "joy of living in Thailand".

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do we have to fill these forms in (foreigner and housemaster) if for instance wife owns house and foreigner reports living there on visa extension and 90 day reports?

-------------------
Yes, I believe so.
The law simply states that a house owner who has a foreigner living with them must report that fact within 24 hours of that person's arrival (as I understand it).
And the 2000 Baht fine for not reporting it before on your arrival is the correct amount.
In my case, I retired in 2010 and stayed with my Thai girlfriend and her family for 2 years.

i went to immigration yesterday. wife had to fill in a TM30 as house owner but i didn't have to fill anything in as i was already reported there (extension of stay non-o)

-------------------
Yes, I believe so.

i went to immigration yesterday. wife had to fill in a TM30 as house owner but i didn't have to fill anything in as i was already reported there (extension of stay non-o)

check out maestro's reasoning. looks like form tm 28 is really for permanent residents. non-o and tourist visas are temporary permissions to stay and it doesnt apply to us.

Forgive me if this has already been covered above, but as ever, there is a lot to read through and I may have missed it.

I lease a house on a one year renewable lease from a Frenchman who lives in France. He comes to Thailand once per year for a holiday and to check on his properties here.

I have always done my 90 day reporting at Pattaya immigration (TM 28), but I am quite sure that the house owner has never completed a form TM 30

Is there any possible come back on me for his failure to report an alien living in his house?

If I get raided and do not have a copy of the TM30, will they try to prosecute me in some way?

Is it conceivable that as I rent the house on a 1 year lease that immigration may consider me to be the the house-master , or the “possessor” of the house and therefor I have to submit the form TM30?

On a more general note, what happens when houses and condos which are occupied by aliens are owned by foreigners, or by companies (usually with foreigners owning 49 % etc, which is the case with my French owner)? Who exactly has to submit form TM30?

There must be literally thousands of condos and houses in and around Pattaya, occupied by foreigners where the owners are not submitting TM 30’s

Is there any move afoot to rectify this situation and what will happen to all these owners/companies who have failed to report?

Edited by Mobi

I have not been in this situation, I must confess, but I will say that most every time I was in a shakedown position in Thailand, I just put up a huge stink and asked as many annoying questions as possible ("can I talk to the officer that had the radar gun on me?" "There are a lot of white trucks out here on the road, you sure it was me" lol), and sooner or later they will put their hands up in the air and move onto the next customer. If you don't do something like this they will be at your door again in a month or two from now. Screw em. Screw all these shakedowns. I pay for my visas, I pay for all my bs crap in this country, take this shakedown and jam it down your ass.