Local Amphur demanding 2000 Bahts

If i stay with gf? Sometimes her condo sometimes mum house do i need to ?

form tm 30 for them and form tm28 for you
im still on TR visa. Is it apply to me?

And then i guess Got to do on ED visa..

Is it any fees for it?

Why do we have to do it if u report ur adress every 90 days. And then when u apply for visa u put ur adress there...

you have to do it because they tell you that you have to do it!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

form tm 30 for them and form tm28 for you

Is it any fees for it?

Why do we have to do it if u report ur adress every 90 days. And then when u apply for visa u put ur adress there...

you have to do it because they tell you that you have to do it!
Free?

And since when is that thing?

This all sounds very dodgy indeed. I had it confirmed to me that the TM30 is designed for to inform imigration either if its a permanant change of address or you spend longer than 48 hours outside your normal place or residence. Your place of residence you will have informed of either on your 90 day report or your arrival card. I had this also confirmed by Thailand Elite staff.
  • Like 1

This all sounds very dodgy indeed. I had it confirmed to me that the TM30 is designed for to inform imigration either if its a permanant change of address or you spend longer than 48 hours outside your normal place or residence. Your place of residence you will have informed of either on your 90 day report or your arrival card. I had this also confirmed by Thailand Elite staff.

well they are wrong. tm 30 is filled out by the landlord. tm 28 is filled out by ylou

• Like 1

well they are wrong. tm 30 is filled out by the landlord. tm 28 is filled out by ylou
Yes sorry I know but only if your address differs more than 48 hours from the one you gave on your arrival card or 90 day report.

I have been doing my 90 day TM 28 check-ins in Chiang Mai (NON-Imm O-A).  I haven't done a TM 30 since moving here to Lamphun 8 months ago.

Does this mean every time I spend a couple of nights (48+ hrs) out of town I have to submit a new TM 30 when I return to Lamphun? Any hotel I stay at is going to report my stay on their TM 30.

If I show up at immigration with a TM 30 should I just be prepared to pay fine? I don't want to lie on the forms or coercer my wife to do so either. Should I just date the form with my actual arrival here 8 months ago and see what happens. Immigration knows I've been here for months via the TM 28. 

I'm also wondering if the police here in Lamphun will refuse to accept my 30 and refer me to Chiang Mai Immigration. If that's the case every time I have a visitor from out of country I'd have to go to CM. Gawd I hope not.

I just want to be within the law... and I did know of the requirement but never gave any thought as it was viewed as a "never-mind" requirement in various threads on TV.

Some tremendous information in this thread ... about some of the stupidest laws I've ever seen .... And I'm a lawyer smile.png

+1.  Really amazing. But I will comply and I'm not going to let it ruin my day. I guess compliance will be easy enough once I've figured it out (and parted with 2000 THBw00t.gif )... just another bill to pay so to speak.

I think you meant a TM47 for 90 day reports.

A TM30 is not needed unless you move into another house.

You are correct. OK I guess I haven't done either then.  Looking at the TM 47 form it also requires report of address. So when I moved from my apartment in CM (landlord reporting) to this rental house in Lamphun I should have had landlord or my wife as possessor/renter complete a form TM 30. I did not. Just used my new address on the 47. Oh well it will sort out eventually.

Edited by Dogberry

OK I guess I haven't done either then. Sheeech.

Since you have already done a 90 day report I would not worry about doing a TM28.

I am worrying about myself or my wife needing to do a report.

We were at immigration yesterday to apply for my and annual extension and a 90 day report. No mention of needing to do them,

• Like 2

Chances are likely that we'll be fined if we don't follow the newly enforced rules (at the moment we extend our visa).

On the other hand, chances are also high that your wife or you will be fined if she/you asks for a report more than 24 hours after arriving (TM28/TM30).

So, either way, we might loose money.

What our you guys going to do? Do the reporting now (and possibly get fined when doing so) or just wait and see (and possibly get fined when extending your visa)?

I think i'll choose for the second option.

PS. During my 90 day report one week ago, also no mention of any change. But they also never mentioned TM30 in the past and still my wife was fined a few years ago.

Edited by kriswillems

This can get wonderfully complicated?!
My wife and I have a house in Chiang Mai. She had Tabian Baan Chiang Mai House
I have a yellow book from CM.
We decided to go and live somewhere else (schools)
Now the local Immigration has a TM28 which we submitted for change of address to wife's mother's house. Wife has rented another house, owner in the US. Now she has bought another house and transferred her Tabian Ban to that house. If some-one comes knocking at the door what happens?
Immigration think I live in mother's house; happy with that..so far. Any need to do anything? Do you think?

TM 30 is for the house master, which may not be yourself. 

Down here in the sticks in tiny  villages in Roi Et the sure as heck are checking out non TM 30´s. 

Someone must have been angry with the OP for tipping off immigration about a foreigner living in the house he resides in. I can't think of any rational reason why any neighbor would give a crap about who their neighbors are, provided everyone gets along with each other and there's no conflict.

Seems like racial profiling for even making such a report. I'd be highly suspicious of, and very upset with any neigbors who were to commit such an "un-neighborly" act. Absolutely despicable.

Up until April 2013 I was employed at a school on an extension to stay, I quit and went to Nan Immigration and received a two month marriage extension. Whilst getting the extension my wife had to fill in a form saying I lived with her, I presume this was the form TM30 and the receipt is still in my passport. I have now got a Non Imm O but didn't get an extension to stay and have been doing 90 day visa runs so have been filling in the arrival cards with my address. I have been at the same address since my wife filled in the TM30 in April 2013 so I presume there is no need for her to fill in a new TM30, is that correct?

Also, as I have been filling in arrival cards every 90 days with my correct address would I need to fill in the TM28 or not?

We are moving to the UK next month, thank god!!

Up until April 2013 I was employed at a school on an extension to stay, I quit and went to Nan Immigration and received a two month marriage extension. Whilst getting the extension my wife had to fill in a form saying I lived with her, I presume this was the form TM30 and the receipt is still in my passport. I have now got a Non Imm O but didn't get an extension to stay and have been doing 90 day visa runs so have been filling in the arrival cards with my address. I have been at the same address since my wife filled in the TM30 in April 2013 so I presume there is no need for her to fill in a new TM30, is that correct?

Also, as I have been filling in arrival cards every 90 days with my correct address would I need to fill in the TM28 or not?

incorrect every time you exit Thailand and return the owner of where your staying have 24 hours to report you by the TM 30 form.

From Thai immigration act. in ref to TM 30

"Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager

where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office
located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.
In case the house , dwelling place , or hotel where the alien has stayed under provision of Para.1
is located within the Bangkok area , such notification must be reported to the competent official at the
Immigration Division"

In reference to TM 28 

"Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the
following :
2. Shall stay at the place as indicated to the competent official. Where there is proper reason
that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he shall notify the competent official
of the change in residence , within 24 hours from the time of removing to said place.

3. Shall notify the police official of the local police station where such alien resides, within twenty
– four hours from the time of arrival. In the case of change in residence in which new residence is not
located the same area with the former police stations , such alien must notify the police official of the
police station for that area within twenty – four hours from the time of arrival.

4. If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty – four hours , such
alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty – eight hours from the time
of arrival."

You forgot one part of Section 37, the penultimate paragraph:

The provision of ( 3 ) and ( 4 ) shall not apply to any cases under Section 34 by any conditions as
prescribed by the Director General.

According to the above, Sections 37(3) and (4) do not apply to foreigners who are in Thailand with a temporary permission of stay unless the "conditions as

prescribed by the Director General" of the Police Department say otherwise.

According to my reading of the law, you don't need to submit the form TM.30. When you live in your friend's condo, it is her duty, when you live in her mother's house, it's her mother's duty.

Is it any fees for it?

"im still on TR visa. Is it apply to me?"

No, if with TR you mean tourist visa.

"And then i guess Got to do on ED visa"

No.

"Is it any fees for it?"

Immigration charges no fee for the submission of the TM.30, which you only have to submit if you are the House Master.

"Why do we have to do it if u report ur adress every 90 days. And then when u apply for visa u put ur adress there...
You don't have to do it, because you are on a temporary permission of stay and the form TM.28 does not apply to you, unless the "conditions as prescribed by the Director General" of the Police Department, which I don't know, say otherwise.

Case 1: your wife, the house master, does not have to notify immigration of your arrival with the TM.30 every time.

Case 2: you do not have to submit TM.28

• Like 1

This can get wonderfully complicated?!
My wife and I have a house in Chiang Mai. She had Tabian Baan Chiang Mai House
I have a yellow book from CM.
We decided to go and live somewhere else (schools)
Now the local Immigration has a TM28 which we submitted for change of address to wife's mother's house. Wife has rented another house, owner in the US. Now she has bought another house and transferred her Tabian Ban to that house. If some-one comes knocking at the door what happens?
Immigration think I live in mother's house; happy with that..so far. Any need to do anything? Do you think?

The house master of whichever place you are living now has to submit TM.30

You do not have to submit TM.28

You should notify immigration of the change to the address where you and your wife are living now, so that they will know on which door to knock if knocking should be their desire. Your wife should preferably change her address to the house registration book of the place where the two of you now live, as otherwise immigration could theoretically refuse your next marriage extension of stay because you are not, on paper, living with your wife. I remember a post by a member reporting that this happened to him.

Is it any fees for it?

"im still on TR visa. Is it apply to me?"

No, if with TR you mean tourist visa.

"And then i guess Got to do on ED visa"

No.

"Is it any fees for it?"

Immigration charges no fee for the submission of the TM.30, which you only have to submit if you are the House Master.

"Why do we have to do it if u report ur adress every 90 days. And then when u apply for visa u put ur adress there...
You don't have to do it, because you are on a temporary permission of stay and the form TM.28 does not apply to you, unless the "conditions as prescribed by the Director General" of the Police Department, which I don't know, say otherwise.

wouldnt temporary permission to stay cover virtually everyone on visa exempt, tourist visas and non-o's??

Not only would it, but it does. Everybody but those with Permanent Residency. This is why I am eager to get my hands on those conditions, to see if they say anything about including other categories in the TM.28 reporting requirements, ie excluding them from the reporting exemption.
  • Like 1

Not only would it, but it does. Everybody but those with Permanent Residency. This is why I am eager to get my hands on those conditions, to see if they say anything about including other categories in the TM.28 reporting requirements, ie excluding them from the reporting exemption.

jeez, can I contribute to your travel fund for your search? lol. if you can find the answer to that one you'll be a hero!!

I know where it is, if it exists, but don't know how to get at it. A good computer hacker would come in handy ☺

well i'm very tempted to assume i dont need to fill one out. it seems  to me that if all us temporaries had to comply they would have been specific that we did. instead they make it look like we dont. ill just have my wife do the tm30 and see what happens!