Thai police commando unit will ride sleeper trains for better security

webfact

Police commando unit will ride sleeper trains for better security

8-4-2014-3-18-01-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Members of the police special force or commando will ride the sleeper trains of the Bangkok-Chiang Mai-Bangkok routes in addition to railway police to ensure better safety for passengers.

Called the “police in train” programme which will first be introduced to the northern route on the Bangkok-Chiang Mai-Bangkok rail services as the pilot project, Pol Lt-Col Torsak Sukvimon, acting superintendent of the commando unit of the Crime Suppression Division, said that altogether 32 members of the unit would be deployed to help railway police to boost security on trains, especially sleeper trains.

Two commando police will be stationed on each sleeper train from Bangkok to the distination in Chiang Mai and vice versa without rotation, said Pol Lt-Col Torsak. He pointed out that the railway police system of rotating officers on board rather than stationing them on trains throughout the rourt from the starting point to the destination left several loopholes enabling the outlaws to exploit them for their benefits.

He said that if response from the passengers toward this security measure was favourable, the “police in train” programme would be expanded to the southern route between Bangkok and Hat Yai.

However, he noted that the programme would not be permanent as the commander unit would be needed in other assignments in which case railway police must be trained to be able to do the job of the commando unit and the CSD could help in their training.

(Photo : ThaiPBS file)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-commando-unit-will-ride-sleeper-trains-better-security/

[thaipbs]2014-08-04[/thaipbs]

"However, he noted that the programme would not be permanent as the commander unit would be needed in other assignments in which case railway police must be trained to be able to do the job of the commando unit and the CSD could help in their training."

How much special training does it take to man a train? It's not the Iranian Embassy.

"However, he noted that the programme would not be permanent as the commander unit would be needed in other assignments in which case railway police must be trained to be able to do the job of the commando unit and the CSD could help in their training."

How much special training does it take to man a train? It's not the Iranian Embassy.

I think it needs a lot of training. You could potentially be alone against an unknown number of criminals, most of whom would probably not be wearing masks and black and white striped shirts and carrying bags marked "swag". Add in confined spaces, a moving train, remote areas of the countryside and innocent bystanders and I would say that the special training would need to be pretty special.

• Like 1

I think it needs a lot of training. You could potentially be alone against an unknown number of criminals, most of whom would probably not be wearing masks and black and white striped shirts and carrying bags marked "swag". Add in confined spaces, a moving train, remote areas of the countryside and innocent bystanders and I would say that the special training would need to be pretty special.

Indeed; you could find the criminals are wearing shirts with 'Police' written on them, that is if they have the time to rape and pillage between beer drinking and card playing, which is normal procedure on these trains.

• Like 1

I've lost count the number of times I have been invited to have a glass of whisky or two with the on duty police in the restaurant car on the BKK-Surat route....w00t.gif

Indeed; you could find the criminals are wearing shirts with 'Police' written on them, that is if they have the time to rape and pillage between beer drinking and card playing, which is normal procedure on these trains.

Depends how much the policeman drinks with the train staff before his action is needed.

CSD Seminar on train the Train Police

Participants: Commando Police - teacher

Railway Police - student

Topics: 1. BYOP (bring your own pillow) - how to sleep in comfort on a train

2. Excuses, Excuses, Excuses - proven excuses and watertight alibis in case you "missed" your train

3. Under Cover - drink alcohol, gamble and act like a *rick, and always, always wear uniform

Certification: Just pay the 20,000 baht already, you know the drill, duh!

This is getting ridiculous now, commandos to patrol the train? why not seal team 6? might as well,

all this hoopla is because one person was killed on the train, what about people getting killed

everywhere in Thailand, are you going to put commandos there too? way over the top reaction...

• Like 1

So wanted criminals are going to travel on trains teaming with police!!!! Yeh right.

I think that you have been watching too many Yanky films and James Bond movies!!