True Visions - Are they so incompetent?

bdenner

Haven't paid that much attention after the first 100 scrolls of the message, but I thought there was something about switching one channel ...whether its number or its official name that would be switched I can't recall. Think it was something to do with a Fox Sports Channel.

Edited by Suradit69

You obviously haven't had CTH. Makes True look good.

This I believe. Checked it out at a friend's house. Totally abysmal. Not even a TV Guide to tell you what's on. On second thought...that's probably a good thing.

I have two boxes with true one in the lounge and one in the bedroom, I had a problem with the tv cutting in and out on both tv's at the same time, so called in the techs they checked and replaced the lounge room box, I said it can't be the box because both tvs go out together it must be a dish problem they nodded and smiled and left, called them back the next day and was told it was the weather causing the problem I said it must be a dish problem again, they smiled again and off they went ( stupid falang what does he know)

I checked with other condo owners and they don;t have any problems, So call the techs again and told them if they do not fix this time take it out I don't want the service and would not be paying for this month.

This time the two tech arrived with a woman carrying yet another box, I tried to tell her it can't be the box as both tvs are affected at the same time it must be the dish, so she orders the men to check the dish they came back and said it was loose and moving about causing the programs to drop out, would you believe I had to send them back up there to tighten the fixing they did not do while they were checking.

YES I AGREE they are incompetent

Edited by pitchag

I'm wondering why anyone in their right mind would use True Vision... I dumped it 10 years ago and not miss it at all. I suggest you look for IPTV options (MAIGE TV, TOT etc.)

Some of us don't have much choice for satellite TV.

Then try IPTV instead of satellite. It works everywhere on a decent (3+ MB) Internet line ... http://www.maigetv.com/

Or better still ilikeHD, no need to buy box, stream from your browser to tv,

regards worgeordie

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

To answer your question; yes, they are so incompetent.

And they not worth the money you pay. just turn off download movies and stream programs via internet

I'm wondering why anyone in their right mind would use True Vision... I dumped it 10 years ago and not miss it at all. I suggest you look for IPTV options (MAIGE TV, TOT etc.)

Then try IPTV instead of satellite. It works everywhere on a decent (3+ MB) Internet line ... http://www.maigetv.com/

One problem is a decent 3+Mb internet line ain't everywhere.

One problem is a decent 3+Mb internet line ain't everywhere.

Most Thai businesses runs by Thai logics, which to us, in most case seems illogical, encumbrance

and downright silly, and TrueVision and other are right up there, seen in practice a thousand times,

not much you can about it,,, after all this is their country...

I noticed their announcements use to say their network would be down for 8 hours 0000 to 0800 to accomplish these upgrade/channel realignments...this upgrade was announced to take 10 hours from 0001 to 1000, but when I turned the TV on a 8:20am the network was running. I didn't thoroughly scope out the channel number lineup, but I see the farang news networks which before started around Channel 114 (give or take a few numbers) now starts around Channel 156 give or take a few numbers. Ex: I think CNN shifted from 114 to 156.

I then turned the TV off...will check out the new and improved channel line-up (giggle, giggle) later on...I'm sure I will be totally pleased with the new channel lineup (giggle, giggle).

I noticed their announcements use to say their network would be down for 8 hours 0000 to 0800 to accomplish these upgrade/channel realignments...this upgrade was announced to take 10 hours from 0001 to 1000, but when I turned the TV on a 8:20am the network was running. I didn't thoroughly scope out the channel number lineup, but I see the farang news networks which before started around Channel 114 (give or take a few numbers) now starts around Channel 156 give or take a few numbers. Ex: I think CNN shifted from 114 to 156.

I then turned the TV off...will check out the new and improved channel line-up (giggle, giggle) later on...I'm sure I will be totally pleased with the new channel lineup (giggle, giggle).

The only part of the channel reorg/upgrade for digital channels that is a mess is the upgrade. I couldn't care less about these channels, but for the record ch. 12 has no picture or sound, and there is no sound on channels 24, 27, 30 and 40.

I thought if it was easy I would call True and report it. It ended up, after re-booting of course, the longest list of the most confusing instructions with my constantly going back to have the instructions repeated. I finally got to crunch time and chickened out from changing numbers. The last time I did this, I lost the sound on everything I wanted to watch.

Bottom line, the channel reorganization is a no brainier and the signal upgrade is a no no.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The only part of the channel reorg/upgrade for digital channels that is a mess is the upgrade. I couldn't care less about these channels, but for the record ch. 12 has no picture or sound, and there is no sound on channels 24, 27, 30 and 40.

I thought if it was easy I would call True and report it. It ended up, after re-booting of course, the longest list of the most confusing instructions with my constantly going back to have the instructions repeated. I finally got to crunch time and chickened out from changing numbers. The last time I did this, I lost the sound on everything I wanted to watch.

Bottom line, the channel reorganization is a no brainier and the signal upgrade is a no no.

Channels 24, 27, 30, and 40 do have audio but you need to press the Audio button on your remote and change to the Thai language for those channels. These 4 channels are some of the new digital channels which only broadcast in Thai---like other Thai only channels on TrueVisions--but due to some technical reason with these channels if your set top box default language setting is set to English (which I expect many farang set their box to) the box will not automatically switch to the Thai soundtrack even when it's the only soundtrack like many other Thai language only channels. Now, after switching to the Thai audio soundtrack using the remote for these channels, the box only remembers the setting while you are on that channel...change off the channel, come back to the channel, then you need to repeat selecting the Thai language soundtrack to get any audio.

The audio on these channels had this issue when coming part of the TrueVisions lineup during the last upgrade and apparently it still exists. When will this technical issue be fixed for these channels? Who knows. Maybe the channels operators have to fix the problem versus True. Besides the great, great, great majority of True customers and the new terrestrial digital customers are Thai who set their box default language to Thai so they don't experience this issue.

Edited by Pib

Channels 24, 27, 30, and 40 do have audio but you need to press the Audio button on your remote and change to the Thai language for those channels. These 4 channels are some of the new digital channels which only broadcast in Thai---like other Thai only channels on TrueVisions--but due to some technical reason with these channels if your set top box default language setting is set to English (which I expect many farang set their box to) the box will not automatically switch to the Thai soundtrack even when it's the only soundtrack like many other Thai language only channels. Now, after switching to the Thai audio soundtrack using the remote for these channels, the box only remembers the setting while you are on that channel...change off the channel, come back to the channel, then you need to repeat selecting the Thai language soundtrack to get any audio.

The audio on these channels had this issue when coming part of the TrueVisions lineup during the last upgrade and apparently it still exists. When will this technical issue be fixed for these channels? Who knows. Maybe the channels operators have to fix the problem versus True. Besides the great, great, great majority of True customers and the new terrestrial digital customers are Thai who set their box default language to Thai so they don't experience this issue.

Very interesting and thank you. It is just as you say. interestingly, I called True about an hour ago and their customer service person didn't know this. I doubt many do.

Very interesting and thank you. It is just as you say. interestingly, I called True about an hour ago and their customer service person didn't know this. I doubt many do.

Heck, I found out by calling True a couple of months ago...the rep I talked to explained the problem to me. So, TrueVisions does have at least one good tech rep.

Or try something that is free like XBMC ... and arrange it the way you want it ..

epg_pvr1.png

Or try something that is free like XBMC ... and arrange it the way you want it ..

epg_pvr1.png

Which add-on are you using for this?

Do you have a link?

Sure it is free to use and set up it is called the PVR IPTV Simple Client add-on it is already in every Gotham box (you can read about it on xbmc.org at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156218 - but it now in XBMC Gotham version 13.0 upwards) but I have simply configured with streams and the electronic program guide. Works well on everything from your iPad to a PC and most boxes in between.

screenshot033-1705989973.png

Maybe we should start an xbmc thread smile.png

Edited by joncl
  • Like 1

Sure it is free to use and set up it is called the PVR IPTV Simple Client add-on it is already in every Gotham box (you can read about it on xbmc.org at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156218 - but it now in XBMC Gotham version 13.0 upwards) but I have simply configured with streams and the electronic program guide. Works well on everything from your iPad to a PC and most boxes in between.

screenshot033-1705989973.png

Maybe we should start an xbmc thread smile.png

When the "pvr iptv client" is installed, where do you get the "plug ins" from. i.e. if you want CNN live streaming news, where is the plug inn / app. I have Navi-x installed. Thanks.

I've got the basics set up but I'm struggling a little where to find a good stream playlist.

Any tips?

To configure it go under system >addons > enabled addons > PVR Clients > PVR IPTV Simple Client in the settings menu option

Thanks, but where do I get the "streams and electronic program guide" as in your reply # 26. Is that a plug in ?