Bangchak ready to buy state's rotten rice

webfact

Bangchak ready to buy state's rotten rice
By Digital Content

bc.png

BANGKOK, Aug 5 -- Bangchak Petroleum Plc will buy rotten rice from Thailand's state rice programme on the condition that the government stops the sale of 95-octane petrol to increase the demand for ethanol.

Vichien Usanachote, Bangchak president, said that the company is ready to buy rotten rice and its price would depend on its flour content.

However, he commented that the rice purchase would negatively affect cassava growers as ethanol production would depend less on cassava. 

To protect the interest, the National Council for Peace and Order should stop the sales of 95-octane petrol to increase ethanol demands, Mr Vichien suggested.

He said the stoppage would not affect motorists because all vehicles could be fueled with gasohol.

Local ethanol demands stand only at about 2.87 million litres per day. (MCOT online news) 

[tna]2014-08-05[/tna]

Had Bangchak been following the PTP and Yingluck's announcements, they would know that there is NO rotten rice. So they have wasted their time looking at the possibilities of making ethanol from this non-existant rotten rice. Or, were the PTP and Yingluck lying again?

• Like 2

To protect the interest, the National Council for Peace and Order should stop the sales of 95-octane petrol to increase ethanol demands, Mr Vichien suggested.

He said the stoppage would not affect motorists because all vehicles could be fueled with gasohol.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You going to convert diesel engines over to gasohol?whistling.gif I don't thank so.wink.png  Bring back B5..

Had Bangchak been following the PTP and Yingluck's announcements, they would know that there is NO rotten rice. So they have wasted their time looking at the possibilities of making ethanol from this non-existant rotten rice. Or, were the PTP and Yingluck lying again?

Here we go again. Please point out where the PTP and Yingluck said that there was no rotten rice. Why do you make these statements?

• Like 1

Here we go again. Please point out where the PTP and Yingluck said that there was no rotten rice. Why do you make these statements?

You are right she and her ministers only said there was no rice missing, however Minister Yanyong did say the rice was "Intact" which would, to many, imply it was in good condition.

Tell us, have they found that there is rice missing ?

Posted 2014-05-02 11:26:34

Commerce Min asserts no rice missing from warehouses

BANGKOK, 2 May 2014 (NNT) – The Commerce Ministry has confirmed that no rice pledged under the subsidy program has gone missing from the warehouses.

Posted 2014-04-24 09:59:53

PM urges NACC to inspect rice stock to determine whether rice was really missing

BANGKOK, 24 April 2014 (NNT) – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has asserted that rice in the government's stockpile has not gone missing as suspected by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), urging the latter to conduct an inspection of the government's rice stock to determine whether rice was really missing.

Ms. Yingluck wrote on her Facebook that figures in the documents from the rice mortgage accounting sub-committee did not take into account the 2.9 million tons of rice in the possession of the Government Warehouse Organization and the Marketing Organization for Farmers, refuting the claim that some rice had gone missing.

She suggested that for the purpose of transparency, the NACC should seek more evidence and inspect the rice stock itself. The suggestion has been forwarded to the NACC through Deputy Commerce Minister Yanyong Phuang-rat.

Minister Yanyong visited the NACC on Wednesday to submit a letter asserting that inspections of the rice stock in warehouses, carried out in March by Ministry of Commerce officials and members of the rice stock inspection committee, found that the entire 18.7 million tons of rice was intact and another 1.1 million tons was being fumigated.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He said the stoppage would not affect motorists because all vehicles could be fueled with gasohol.cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

This is absolute rubbish (agreeing with you) such a proposal is very misplaced - they stopped the sale of 91 Octane for that very reason but there is no direct replacement for 95 Octane fuel from the Ethanol camp - it needs to continue 

Consumers need to be protected from clowns like this

The word clowns got my attention , Thailand is rather over endowed in this department. cheesy.gif

Vichien Usanachote, the Bangchak president must have engaged his mouth before his brain. How does he imagine the thousands of petrol engines in vehicles built before 2000 and ethanol fuels, will operate. And, yes there are a great many classic and older cars in very good condition. I suppose they will do, as I have done and run on LPG as  an option.

• Like 1

He said the stoppage would not affect motorists because all vehicles could be fueled with gasohol.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You going to convert diesel engines over to gasohol?whistling.gif I don't thank so.wink.png  Bring back B5..

Surely diesel engines wouldn't run on 95 octane petrol anyway. Or am I just missing the point.

I'm sure she either said or implied there was no problem with the rice which would at least suggest it wasn't rotten but I don't see that it's got much to do with the topic.

The rice saga is all dealt with adequately on other threads without the need to add it to this one.

Because he need to honor his name.....  

Vichien Usanachote, the Bangchak president must have engaged his mouth before his brain. How does he imagine the thousands of petrol engines in vehicles built before 2000 and ethanol fuels, will operate. And, yes there are a great many classic and older cars in very good condition. I suppose they will do, as I have done and run on LPG as  an option.

You know better than that. I have one car with a 1994 engine and fuel system. Runs fine on E10. No loss of power, of fuel consumption or rotted hoses.

Same goes for my other 94 car. However, if switching to E85, then yes, you need to change out any rubber hoses in the tank and in the engine bay.

I you have a fuel pressure regulator that is 3bar, you can change it to 4bar. Done. Runs like a charm. Just remember to change the fuel filter more often.

I see so many people talk out their ass about "the devil" that is ethanol. " Oh no, my 1956 Benz will not run on that modern stuff"

Those motorbikes that are not fuel-injected, such as my Yamaha Nouvo MX, have to run on 95. Are you going after the affordable bikes and make them trash? I just had to a new carb put on it. Runs great, but only with 95.

• Like 1

Those motorbikes that are not fuel-injected, such as my Yamaha Nouvo MX, have to run on 95. Are you going after the affordable bikes and make them trash? I just had to a new carb put on it. Runs great, but only with 95.

Strange; my carburated sonic suggests to use gasohol 91 right on the gas tank
Never had a problem

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well fabie, your memory of high profile events seems to have failed miserably, it's not that long back the pt clowns troupe did an audit of every rice storage facility in the country (from memory it took about 48 hours) and then claimed, all reported in the press, that no rice was missing, nothing wrong in any way.

• Like 1

Ethanol, a complete scam to lessen crude imports in the USA. Of course it does no such thing as it takes a gallon of oil

to produce a gallon of ethanol and there is less energy in a gallon of ethanol. Just a way to subsidize corn farmers who are

strongly Republican. They want subsidies but are strongly against Government support for everyone else but themselves.

I don't imagine this ethanol scheme would be any more successful than the rice subsidy scam.

My 2007 Honda CBR150R doesn't like ethanol; it loves 95 octane petrol. 95 costs more but I get the same mileage per Baht spent, better performance, and I don't worry about rubber gas lines dissolving in alcohol. It's also a very skinny MC that is ideal for lane-splitting. I use alcohol only for 'medicinal' purposes just like my buddy, Chalerm. In the US, it is sinful the way they turn food into poor-performing fuel.

My good friend has a 1996 12-cylinder Benz that will not run on anything but 95. His car looks like new so why should he have to buy a new car to satisfy the greed of Bangchak?

Edited by rametindallas

and why do you keep responding fabby ?.... your darling YK will shortly be persona non grata in Thailand, dont turn this thread into a redshirts last stand again, you lost get over it...

I respond because I do not like to see lies posted on here as facts. The rest of your post is childish and not worth responding to.

My 2007 Honda CBR150R doesn't like ethanol; it loves 95 octane petrol. 95 costs more but I get the same mileage per Baht spent, better performance, and I don't worry about rubber gas lines dissolving in alcohol. It's also a very skinny MC that is ideal for lane-splitting. I use alcohol only for 'medicinal' purposes just like my buddy, Chalerm. In the US, it is sinful the way they turn food into poor-performing fuel.

My good friend has a 1996 12-cylinder Benz that will not run on anything but 95. His car looks like new so why should he have to buy a new car to satisfy the greed of Bangchak?

"My good friend has a 1996 12-cylinder Benz that will not run on anything but 95. His car looks like new so why should he have to buy a new car to satisfy the greed of Bangchak?"

I was shot down by the EvilDrSomkid for posting similar nonsense.  See post #17

"I see so many people talk out their ass about "the devil" that is ethanol. " Oh no, my 1956 Benz will not run on that modern stuff" "

"My good friend has a 1996 12-cylinder Benz that will not run on anything but 95. His car looks like new so why should he have to buy a new car to satisfy the greed of Bangchak?"

"I see so many people talk out their ass about "the devil" that is ethanol. " Oh no, my 1956 Benz will not run on that modern stuff" "

I feel like I'm doing right when I am 'shot down' by the likes of EvilDrSomkid. Anhydrous ethanol is hygroscopic and, in a high humidity environment like Bangkok, it attracted enough water to have rusted the inside of my MC's fuel tank so that I had to replace it when I bought it because the cheapskate Thai I bought it from used gasohol. I also had to replace all the fuel lines because they were leaking like a sieve. I also had the carburetor rebuilt as the seals had begun to degrade. You get what you pay for. I want my machinery to perform well and for a long time, the same as my body, so I don't put cheap shit into it. Only an environmentalist nut job believes gasohol is better than gasoline for an internal combustion engine. I use the best gasoline, the best synthetic oil, change oil, filters, and spark plugs often so I can depend on my MC to work first time, every time. EvilDrSomkid seems the type who like to argue for argument's sake. Personally, he has zero credibility with me. BTW, I cannot switch my MC to LPG. 

From another forum: 'I have been worrying about gasohol for a few months, and have been carrying out some research and experimentation.

My wife put gasohol in her 1997 250 Honda rebel and it died , we had to do a total carb rebuild.

I bought several different types of fuel line and left them to soak in gasohol, some fuel line dissolved, as it reacted with the ethyl alcohol in Gasohol. Imagine what that will do to your carbs or fuel injectors.

Harley model post 1999 will run fine on gasohol.Harley says it is OK as they have prepared the fuel system to use it.

Ducati and Triumph say never use it .
Honda, yamaha Kawasaki and suzuki say do not use it.

I dont know about BMW.

If no premium 95 octane is available for my ducati i use 91 it runs OK but may require an octane booster.

Gasohol is not being promoted in europe , in fact higher octane fuels of 97 ,98 and even 99 octane are now available. In UK the lowest octane fuel is 95 octane . No 91 octane is sold.'

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/26953-Gasohol-beware!

Edited by rametindallas

I feel like I'm doing right when I am 'shot down' by the likes of EvilDrSomkid. Anhydrous ethanol is hygroscopic and, in a high humidity environment like Bangkok, it attracted enough water to have rusted the inside of my MC's fuel tank so that I had to replace it when I bought it because the cheapskate Thai I bought it from used gasohol. I also had to replace all the fuel lines because they were leaking like a sieve. I also had the carburetor rebuilt as the seals had begun to degrade. You get what you pay for. I want my machinery to perform well and for a long time, the same as my body, so I don't put cheap shit into it. Only an environmentalist nut job believes gasohol is better than gasoline for an internal combustion engine. I use the best gasoline, the best synthetic oil, change oil, filters, and spark plugs often so I can depend on my MC to work first time, every time. EvilDrSomkid seems the type who like to argue for argument's sake. Personally, he has zero credibility with me. BTW, I cannot switch my MC to LPG. 

From another forum: 'I have been worrying about gasohol for a few months, and have been carrying out some research and experimentation.

My wife put gasohol in her 1997 250 Honda rebel and it died , we had to do a total carb rebuild.

I bought several different types of fuel line and left them to soak in gasohol, some fuel line dissolved, as it reacted with the ethyl alcohol in Gasohol. Imagine what that will do to your carbs or fuel injectors.

Harley model post 1999 will run fine on gasohol.Harley says it is OK as they have prepared the fuel system to use it.

I dont know about BMW.

If no premium 95 octane is available for my ducati i use 91 it runs OK but may require an octane booster.

Gasohol is not being promoted in europe , in fact higher octane fuels of 97 ,98 and even 99 octane are now available. In UK the lowest octane fuel is 95 octane . No 91 octane is sold.'

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/26953-Gasohol-beware!

"Honda, yamaha Kawasaki and suzuki say do not use it."

Both of my Hondas say to use gasohol 91; in big letters right on the gas tank.

I dont know about BMW.

"Honda, yamaha Kawasaki and suzuki say do not use it."

Both of my Hondas say to use gasohol 91; in big letters right on the gas tank.

Let me make two guesses. You didn't click on the link you just quoted from or you would know it's from 2006 when those MC were NOT being manufactured to handle gasohol and the other is that both your Hondas are fairly new.

Great job proving that quote wrong... NOT! It was true in 2006 even if it is not true with newer bikes today. What is behind you love affair with gasohol? Are you an environmental nut job? The use of so much corn (which is food for both people and animals) for gasohol production has driven up the costs for every food item which contains corn. This hurts the poor. Why do you hate poor people?