Renewing a retirement visa with 65000 baht income method - what is the latest?

Thanks for the info.  Copies no problem I was just thinking I might have needed two original Embassy letters at 2,620 each, one for the O and one for the Retirement Extension.

I might well come in a couple more times on 30 day waivers until I find where I want to rent, then to the convert and extension (that is if Hat Yai Immigration will play ball and let me do the conversion and extension on the same day - even if they don't, nothing lost).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread raises an interesting question

I noticed (if understanding the posts correctly) that an embassy letter doesn't necessarily need to be from your own Nations embassy - e.g. a UK citizen could avail themselves to the services of the Australian Consulate in Pattaya  to produce the letter if they provided the UK bank statements and paid the fee

I noticed (if understanding the posts correctly) that an embassy letter doesn't necessarily need to be from your own Nations embassy - e.g. a UK citizen could avail themselves to the services of the Australian Consulate in Pattaya  to produce the letter if they provided the UK bank statements and paid the fee

I wouldn't take that chance !

No proof needed when I requested this past July. Filled out an affidavit which you can pick up there. Wrote in the requested personal details and net monthly income. Presented it along with my PP and paid 50 USD to the cashier. When my number was called 20 mins later, the clerk passed me the affidavit to sign in front of him and then he stamped it with the embassy seal handed over to me and wished me good day. No one asked for proof of income, although I did bring a copy of my proof just in case they did ask. As stated earlier, you need to go online and make an appt prior to visiting the US embassy.

I think you mean Austrian - I cannot find an Australian Consulate in Pattaya.

I have not seen any reports of UK Citizens getting an income letter from any non UK Consulate in Pattaya - -despite many efforts.

read the following thread from a few weeks ago...already been tried apparently.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/741387-income-verification-letter-news-flash/

how posters can make a simple transaction so confusing,im on my 9th income letter from cnx consulate,and it can not be so simple,p60s of pensions copied or originals up to you, dividends statements copied or originals,extras if needed tax rebates, income from shares ect, all itimised in letter,presented to consulate,recieve letter next day,never had a proplem with anyone imm or consulate easy,except for cost of letter.
  • Like 2

I think you mean Austrian - I cannot find an Australian Consulate in Pattaya.
I have not seen any reports of UK Citizens getting an income letter from any non UK Consulate in Pattaya - -despite many efforts.
Then you didn't read this thread. Because here in this thread there is such a report. See post # 57 Edited by larsjohnsson

Most of my assets are in my Etrade accounts.  I have three accounts:  1: Traditional IRA, 2: Roth IRA, 3: Brokerage account.  Etrade generates income estimates for each account by a few mouse clicks, and my account statements also list the estimated income amounts.  These list all the income from interest, dividends, expected from my stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, Individual bonds, etc.  My plan is to simply bring those statements with me showing the estimated income for a year.  I doubt Etrade would do any sort of letter or certification.  The income is almost twice the current minimum Thailand requires.  As an engineer I actually like my contract jobs so I am not retiring yet.

Edited by gk10002000