Foreign engineer in Thailand

Hi,

I am about to start engineering school in a few weeks and I am curious to know what my chances are of possibly working in Thailand one day with my degree.
I still have a few days to decide if I wanna study health technology or export technology - 3,5 and 4 year bachelors including 6 months internship.
I am curious to know which field of engineering has the higher chance for a foreigner to find a job in Thailand. I came across www.jobtopgun.com, when googling around a little bit and it seems there is pretty high demand for engineers. Does anybody know about this site? Or the job market for foreign engineers in Thailand in general?
Any info and inputs will be much appreciated :)

- Andreas

O&G is the game to be in as even if you dont get a specific position in Thailand, you can typically live in Thailand and work somewhere else

however I would say the fact your choosing to study "engineering" as motive to move to Thailand seems very misguided indeed

a 4 year bachelors including 6 months internship, will not get you a job in Thailand in Engineering as you also need lots of experience and be good at what you do..... that will get you the job, completing a 4 year degree is not "the end" of everything careerwise, its only the start, the first hurdle if you will..

There is a demand for Engineering jobs in Thailand, but this demand is in the Thai population, not foreigners

I think Soutpeel is on the mark with O&G, you can then live wherever you like during your off rotations.

That said, I am an engineer, I don't work in O&G and I do live and work full time in Thailand (at present, I also do work in India, Singapore and Malaysia) as a consultant on transportation projects. But I have 33 years of experience in the industry.

All the young engineers on these projects are local, working for local salaries and many of them are very good. In a maximum of 15-20 years time I will be out of a job as they will be doing it all themselves (we always end up training ourselves out of a job). Luckily the timing means I'll be just ripe for retirement smile.png

• Like 2