Car Driver arrested following fatal road accident in North Pattaya

Rimmer

Car Driver arrested following fatal road accident in North Pattaya

crash-5.jpg
PATTAYA:--In the early hours of Tuesday a car came into contact with a motorbike in North Pattaya which led to the instant death of the 34 year old bike driver.

Police and medics were called to the scene of the crash on the Pattaya-bound carriageway of the Sukhumvit Road in North Pattaya. Lying on the road close to her damaged motorbike was the body of Khun Mutidar.

300 meters further down the road was a Toyota Yaris which had front end damage consistent with it being involved in a high-speed crash. It’s driver, Khun Jaturong aged 30, was detained by Police pending further investigations.

The driver allegedly admitted to driving at a high rate of speed and claimed not to see the motorbike
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/137583/car-driver-arrested-following-fatal-road-accident-in-north-pattaya/#sthash.ymIHjPCu.dpuf

[pattayaone]2014-08-06[/pattayaone]

Another daily occurrence.

High speed.

Possibly an illegal manoevre onto the sukumvit.

Possibly no lights on motor bike.

Possibly car driver intoxicated or high on drugs.

All too common.

Tragic RIP, but probably yes to all of the above

Tragic, as per the previous posters.

My only addition. He travelled a further 300 meters before stopping!. Either he was speeding or spent some time thinking about whether to stop or not. If you hit a bike in a Yaris you would know about it straight away.
  • Like 1

High speed.

All too common.

Take out your wildly speculative "possiblys" and your informative, all to common daily occurence post states exactly what the OP did...high speed.

My only addition. He travelled a further 300 meters before stopping!. Either he was speeding or spent some time thinking about whether to stop or not. If you hit a bike in a Yaris you would know about it straight away.

"The driver allegedly admitted to driving at a high rate of speed..."

"Either he was speeding...".   Think you may be right there, strange that both you and the OP had similar thoughts..

it takes them 5 seconds to concider each operation they perform.  "oh! i think i just hit someone!"   5 seconds later......"maybe i should press the brake pedal,,errrrrr?"

try riding behind them or even have them speed up behind you when riding before atacking what i just wrote...

• Like 1

So very sad. I guess at least they have the driver. Also, its good to see the charges make sense "death by dangerous driving". RIP to the poor girl.

I read somewhere recently that the speed limit on Sukhumvit is 60kmh, not sure if this is true but maybe they should try and enforce the speed limit. I may be dreaming with tis idea but people drive like lunatics on that road when it is not so busy, so much so that I try to avoid using the road if I am out at night.

but he did stop !! not so common in Thailand. I have myself almost hit a motorbike on a dark country road, he had no rear light and the front light was partially blocked by shopping bags. Thais have always been careless when it comes to road safety but are especially lax when it comes to lights,especially rear lights, on motorbikes. Wont change anytime soon.  

• Like 2

i think this tragic accident lays firmly at the door of the BIB, only ever have a road block for their tea monies on this road never enforce the road laws, never stop the whacky racers for moving road violations. RIP

This guy, in all probability would have kept on driving, and not stopped 300 m down the road, and it was only possibly damage caused to the car making it un-driveable that made him pull over.

Another waste of an innocent life.

A troll post and personal attack removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

High speed.
All too common.

Take out your wildly speculative "possiblys" and your informative, all to common daily occurence post states exactly what the OP did...high speed.
Possibly, as none of us were there. Nothing wild about that.

post not adhering to forum rule 11 removed

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.