Passport new newal

Hi I am posting on samui forum cause this is where I stay

My english passport is full and I need to make a new 1

Now they send your passport il England which takes a long time

Have already booked my ticket to bangkok then on their web site I have to make an appointment by email

So I did now I have a plane ticket and the earliest they can see me is at the end of the month

But not only is this annoying but I need to make a new 1 before my visa expires

I just want to ask if anyone has recently been through the process if so

Do I still need a uk citizen to sign my photos ?

What are the photo regulations ?

Can I just turn up and go in?

As i just paid for my ticket to bangers from samui

Grrr thanks for any info or help cheers

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

1. 1Which country or territory are you in?
    Thailand

Change this answer

2. 2Are you renewing, replacing or applying for a first passport?
    Renewing a red passport

Change this answer

3. 3Do you need an adult or child passport?
    Adult (aged 16 and over)

Change this answer

How long it takes

Your application will take at least 6 weeks from when it’s received by Her Majesty’s Passport Office in the UK.

Applications may take longer if:

• Her Majesty’s Passport Office needs to ask you for more information or documents
  • the photographs you send are rejected

Don’t book travel until you have a valid passport. If you need to travel more urgently, you may be able to apply for an Emergency Travel Document.

Cost

You’ll have to pay a fee for your passport and a courier fee of £23.01. The courier fee pays for your passport to be sent securely to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied for you to collect.

Passport type Passport fee Total to pay (including courier fee) Adult standard 32-page passport £83.00 £106.01 Adult jumbo 48-page passport £91.00 £114.01

Fill in a ‘Paying by credit card or debit card’ form for each passport you’re applying for and submit it with your application. Your credit or debit card will be charged in sterling.

You can use Mastercard, Visa, Electron, Diners Club and JCB.

How to apply
  1. Download the application form.
  2. Use the ‘Applying for a passport if you’re outside the UK’ guidance notes to help you fill in the application form.
  3. Include 2 identical new photos of you (or your child, if it’s a child passport application). Follow the rules about passport photos or your application may be delayed.
  4. Check which supporting documents you must submit with your application. You must get documents that aren’t in English - including documents showing an address - fully translated by a professional translator.
Making your application

You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must bring photo ID with you.

Bring original supporting documents and a colour photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you.

You must also bring your current passport with you when you apply, and a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages).

You can’t travel with it after you’ve applied for a new one - but you will be able to keep your existing passport for ID purposes.

You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.

UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
28th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi13,
Klongtoey-Nua,
Wattana,
Bangkok
Thailand

Getting your passport

Your passport will be delivered to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied - you must collect it in person.

They will contact you - using the details on your application form - when your passport is ready to collect.

You must bring your existing passport as photo ID.

Contact the Passport Adviceline

Telephone: +44 (0) 300 222 0000 Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (UK time) Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9am to 5:30pm (UK time)

Find out about call charges

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Last updated: 5 August 2014

• Like 2

Not seen anything on UK news lately, as to whether they had cleared up the huge backlog a month or two ago ..... be prepared for usual  British inefficiency though .... tongue.png  whistling.gif

Edit, since posted same time...

Boater's pasted info there is good, but does not look easy...facepalm.gif

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

Not seen anything on UK news lately, as to whether they had cleared up the huge backlog a month or two ago ..... be prepared for usual  British inefficiency though .... tongue.png  whistling.gif

Edit, since posted same time...

Boater's pasted info there is good, but does not look easy...facepalm.gif

there was a strike the other week, but things seem to have calmed down now, just the pre summer holiday rush to get the passports renewed 

• Like 1

Boater's stuff is all good. The UK government web site is a bit long winded, but it does work.

For the photos, the photographer in Tesco lotus -opposite the bowling alley, knows the correct diemnsions. (I took the form along just in case.)

https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

Both my wife and I have had 'successful' photos taken by him for our new passports.

We were lucky and managed to get ours replaced in Hong Kong. Excellent service there - they even telephoned me to explain that I had filled in the form incorrectly in one section - and then they corrected it for me. Shame that they no longer do it.

As long as you are not wearing a wig and beard disguise, for a renewal you do not need to have anything countersigned.  whistling.gif

When you need someone else to sign your form and photo

You must get your form and 1 photo signed if you’re applying for:

• your first adult or child passport
  • a replacement for a lost, stolen or damaged passport
  • a renewal of a passport for a child aged 11 or under
  • a renewal of a passport if your appearance has changed and you can’t be recognised from your existing passport

Good luck thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

How long it takes
Your application will take at least 6 weeks from when it’s received by Her Majesty’s Passport Office in the UK.

Applications may take longer if:
  • Her Majesty’s Passport Office needs to ask you for more information or documents
  • the photographs you send are rejected

Don’t book travel until you have a valid passport. If you need to travel more urgently, you may be able to apply for an Emergency Travel Document.
Cost
You’ll have to pay a fee for your passport and a courier fee of £23.01. The courier fee pays for your passport to be sent securely to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied for you to collect.
Passport type Passport fee Total to pay (including courier fee) Adult standard 32-page passport £83.00 £106.01 Adult jumbo 48-page passport £91.00 £114.01
Fill in a ‘Paying by credit card or debit card’ form for each passport you’re applying for and submit it with your application. Your credit or debit card will be charged in sterling.

You can use Mastercard, Visa, Electron, Diners Club and JCB.
How to apply
  • Download the application form.
  • Use the ‘Applying for a passport if you’re outside the UK’ guidance notes to help you fill in the application form.
  • Include 2 identical new photos of you (or your child, if it’s a child passport application). Follow the rules about passport photos or your application may be delayed.
  • Check which supporting documents you must submit with your application. You must get documents that aren’t in English - including documents showing an address - fully translated by a professional translator.

Application form - applying for a British passport overseas

Guidance notes - applying for a passport if you’re outside the UK

Supporting documents you must send with your application
Making your application
You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must bring photo ID with you.

Bring original supporting documents and a colour photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you.

You must also bring your current passport with you when you apply, and a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages).

You can’t travel with it after you’ve applied for a new one - but you will be able to keep your existing passport for ID purposes.

You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.

UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
28th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi13,
Klongtoey-Nua,
Wattana,
Bangkok
Thailand

Email: [email protected]
Getting your passport
Your passport will be delivered to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied - you must collect it in person.

They will contact you - using the details on your application form - when your passport is ready to collect.

You must bring your existing passport as photo ID.
Contact the Passport Adviceline

Telephone: +44 (0) 300 222 0000 Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (UK time) Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9am to 5:30pm (UK time)

Find out about call charges

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Last updated: 5 August 2014

Thanks great might need to wait eight weeks plus I cannot get an opponent till end of the month so I shall be visa less after 2 months and there shall be nothing I can do

Worst timing ever

Thanks for help

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app ooponxb

Boater's stuff is all good. The UK government web site is a bit long winded, but it does work.

For the photos, the photographer in Tesco lotus -opposite the bowling alley, knows the correct diemnsions. (I took the form along just in case.)

https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

Both my wife and I have had 'successful' photos taken by him for our new passports.

We were lucky and managed to get ours replaced in Hong Kong. Excellent service there - they even telephoned me to explain that I had filled in the form incorrectly in one section - and then they corrected it for me. Shame that they no longer do it.

As long as you are not wearing a wig and beard disguise, for a renewal you do not need to have anything countersigned.  whistling.gif

When you need someone else to sign your form and photo
You must get your form and 1 photo signed if you’re applying for:

• your first adult or child passport
  • a replacement for a lost, stolen or damaged passport
  • a renewal of a passport for a child aged 11 or under
  • a renewal of a passport if your appearance has changed and you can’t be recognised from your existing passport

Good luck thumbsup.gif

Thanks for that info

Might just throw my passport away then leave the government to sort it out. Only joking probably jinked myself now and shall really lose it ha ha

Unfortunately I don't have enough space for the stamp as my stamp takes a whole page and for some reason my last page is not usable. I checked with immigration

They said make new passport as soon as possible

Lol

Just been through the process, you cannot just turn up as it is not the embassy that deal in BKK now but an agent at The Trendy Office. Once you go in they are pretty good and you will only be there 10-15 mins. However. I only got my passport back this week having submitted it to Bangkok on 19th May and it being received in Uk on 22nd may (this is when they start counting from). I received it 1 day prior to having to submit by new visa renewal.The backlog is still huge, you cannot get through to the helpline which is also operated by agents and not HMPO themselves. So basically be prepared for at least a 10 week wait. If you are renewing your passport early then they will credit up to 9 months of your old passport.  I had pics done at the photo place inside Tesco Chaweng near the cinema and they were perfect. Bangkok commented as to how good they were.  If you still look like your current photo then no need to get signed by a British person. However I did to be on the safe side and avoid it being rejected for that. Anyone who has a company here can do it.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just been through the process, you cannot just turn up as it is not the embassy that deal in BKK now but an agent at The Trendy Office. Once you go in they are pretty good and you will only be there 10-15 mins. However. I only got my passport back this week having submitted it to Bangkok on 19th May and it being received in Uk on 22nd may (this is when they start counting from). I received it 1 day prior to having to submit by new visa renewal.The backlog is still huge, you cannot get through to the helpline which is also operated by agents and not HMPO themselves. So basically be prepared for at least a 10 week wait. If you are renewing your passport early then they will credit up to 9 months of your old passport.  I had pics done at the photo place inside Tesco Chaweng near the cinema and they were perfect. Bangkok commented as to how good they were.  If you still look like your current photo then no need to get signed by a British person. However I did to be on the safe side and avoid it being rejected for that. Anyone who has a company here can do it.

just been through the process. I told them i was big taxi mafia and they gave me a passport. only joking. i had to tbeg them for an appointment and they let me have due to my visa about to expire and i would be an illegal if not do now.

they were very nice and helpful

only thing now i have to go back to bangkok and pick it up in person.