Russian Tourists Down 30% In Pattaya

Rimmer

to me there behavior is a little to be desired due to the country being closed for 100 years they go mad like being let out prison shame they didnt learn manners when they came to thailand to loud for me not all but a lot them need to learn how to act like they in another country and diffrent culture and that thai people are not subserviant dogs to be abused and shouted at

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Russian bashing then Chinese bashing ? Remember all, In Thailand, we are just visitors here, whatever you own most of it will go back to their system. As the saying goes.......THAI IS FOR THAIS. So the is no joy in bashing others...

• Like 1

I would hazard a guess that the figures for the number of tourists arrivals to Thailand will drop now that the visa run (inout) has been stopped. i.e 10,000 visa runners staying here 1 year would have added 120,000 tourists to the recorded number of individual tourists.

It is good news if not one foreigner group dominates demographically. Now to find a replacement for the lost Russkies. I propose MEXICANS.

How about Palestinians? they don't even need to buy airplane ticket, they can either tunnel their way

here to on a back of a rocket, ( no political pan intended here )

haha why dont they show 2 fat sloths with no shirts on in the food court at the mall,russia!!..if they didnt have cheap gas and dirty women for sale,they wouldnt have a freind in the world..

You do not have to sugar coat your opinion, just tell us what you really think! cheesy.gif

Russian girls are usually smoking hot, and a lot of fun, if you can communicate with them,

Ukranian girls even hotter,

i will take either over a Thai, or most American girls every day of the week,

you people have no experience with them, and couldnt land one with a brick in both hands, so of course, you think they arent good people.

look in the mirror

• Like 1

Russian girls are usually smoking hot, and a lot of fun, if you can communicate with them,

you people have no experience with them, and couldnt land one with a brick in both hands, so of course, you think they arent good people.

look in the mirror

sounds like a move to sunny moscow is in order?

• Like 1

look in the mirror

no one, I repeat, no one complains that there are russian girls in Miami Beach

they are smokin hot, and friendly a hell

why would they want to be in Thailand?

Edited by SteveFong

look in the mirror

well having spent some time in the previously mentioned city of no smiles, only frowns and grey, I can only assume they came for the weather and cheap borsch?

It is good news if not one foreigner group dominates demographically. Now to find a replacement for the lost Russkies. I propose MEXICANS.

I like that. Mexicans are kind, courteous, friendly, warm, hard working, open, creative, and clever. And the women can be gorgeous. And they speak Spanish, which sounds like gorgeous music compared to the warlike sound of Russian. And that would encourage a proliferation of Mexican food. But, how do we get them here?

Airplane?

Seriously, that would be a marketing challenge but I think TAT should at least try!

GRaet...YOU guys are just great....!!!.....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Slow down --- walk before you run (and you stumble down a 10-floor set of stairs).

Mexican's are notorious low income wage earners with little surplus money. And they have their own Mexican mafia * drug cartel's.

So you are proposing to replace the Russian mafia with the Mexican mafia?

You very obviously know little about Mexico. It is the 14th largest economy in the world, with a GDP of over 1.3 trillion dollars. They have a huge middle class with alot of disposable income and number of millionaires in Mexico far exceeds the global average. In fact, there are now over 145,000 millionaires in Mexico and over 2500 with a net worth of over 30 million US. Many Mexicans I am friendly with are multi lingual, accomplished musicians, dancers, equestrians, and scholars. I think you have only acquainted yourself with landscapers and dishwashers. Mexico is a very sophisticated country. Their average monthly income amongst the masses is $1100. Not bad. So, please educate yourself. Mexicans make more money per month than Russians, who average only $851 per month.

You might be right, but the fact is that Mexican drug gangs are some of the most violent in the world. Having those badasses replace whatever Russian mafia that exist in Pattaya does not sound like a good idea.

I fail to see what the Mexican drug gangs have to do with Mexican tourism. Do you think they will follow Mexican tourists all over the world? Do you realize how much money they are making pushing their drugs in the US? Yes, they are some bad apples. But, Mexicans travel all over the world without interference from these cretons. It all started out as a joke. Mexico is simply too far away. Let it go.

But, I do have one question. Why can't they get Mexican food right here? They have the ingredients. Why doesn't anyone do good grilled fish tacos? Good salsa? Why are corn tortillas and chips so hard to find? Beans and rice. How hard is that?

• Like 1

I hate generalising but have to admit that my experiencies with Russian tourists have largely been unpleasant , probably just been unlucky lol.

30% down is significant , added to the large falls in Chinese , Malaysian , Farang visitors it makes alarming reading for those concerned with Thai tourism.

You're right about the fact that newcomers don't make a survey of who goes here or there before doing their bookings, but people who have come many times (or those who live here) are mostly put off by the overall Russian attitude and some of them simply stop coming. You can ask the restaurant owners on Samae and Thian Beach (in Koh Larn) for instance and they will ALL tell you the same things :

1/ Russians have indeed chased away other tourists,

2/ Russians never cease to bargain for everything and spend very little money on the whole (except for a few rich ones),

3/ Russians are rambunctious, aggressive, noisy and generally impolite with Thai people and other tourists (including other Russians).

4/ The number one Russian 'activity' once they are on a beach is getting drunk.

this is exactly what the spanish people teld me about the english 20 years ago, biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

without russians Pattaya are a ghost town, the problem is every Nation who are dominating a holiday market make a big effort in

the design and the bussiness development of this market, Because then everybody want a piece of cake.

Let the russians go and you will be alone with the chinese tourist in pattaya, empty condos, many ruins not finished condos and

with crime rates goes uo 400%

• Like 1

I have known 3 Russians in SAMUI (neighbours) The 3 of them working without work-permit !

So of course with Visa runs, so maybe "working-tourists" Russians will be down 30% in Samui too?

Please note I do not add any comment tongue.png

You did though rolleyes.gif you wrote 'Please note I do not add any comment'. That's a comment tongue.png hihihi

I like that. Mexicans are kind, courteous, friendly, warm, hard working, open, creative, and clever. And the women can be gorgeous. And they speak Spanish, which sounds like gorgeous music compared to the warlike sound of Russian. And that would encourage a proliferation of Mexican food. But, how do we get them here?

Airplane?

Seriously, that would be a marketing challenge but I think TAT should at least try!

GRaet...YOU guys are just great....!!!.....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Slow down --- walk before you run (and you stumble down a 10-floor set of stairs).

Mexican's are notorious low income wage earners with little surplus money. And they have their own Mexican mafia * drug cartel's.

So you are proposing to replace the Russian mafia with the Mexican mafia?

You very obviously know little about Mexico. It is the 14th largest economy in the world, with a GDP of over 1.3 trillion dollars. They have a huge middle class with alot of disposable income and number of millionaires in Mexico far exceeds the global average. In fact, there are now over 145,000 millionaires in Mexico and over 2500 with a net worth of over 30 million US. Many Mexicans I am friendly with are multi lingual, accomplished musicians, dancers, equestrians, and scholars. I think you have only acquainted yourself with landscapers and dishwashers. Mexico is a very sophisticated country. Their average monthly income amongst the masses is $1100. Not bad. So, please educate yourself. Mexicans make more money per month than Russians, who average only $851 per month.

You might be right, but the fact is that Mexican drug gangs are some of the most violent in the world. Having those badasses replace whatever Russian mafia that exist in Pattaya does not sound like a good idea.

I fail to see what the Mexican drug gangs have to do with Mexican tourism. Do you think they will follow Mexican tourists all over the world? Do you realize how much money they are making pushing their drugs in the US? Yes, they are some bad apples. But, Mexicans travel all over the world without interference from these cretons. It all started out as a joke. Mexico is simply too far away. Let it go.

But, I do have one question. Why can't they get Mexican food right here? They have the ingredients. Why doesn't anyone do good grilled fish tacos? Good salsa? Why are corn tortillas and chips so hard to find? Beans and rice. How hard is that?

Indeed,

Mexico is a big place, and, there is no reason for Mexicans with wealth to go anywhere near Thailand.

They have much better choices, and their coast lines are gorgeous

Most will never notice them as they do not look like the Indians of roofing and dishwashing fame, you will think they are well groomed, well dressed, and quiet south americans. and many of the women are very light skinned, but without the stange pathological desire to be white,

they already are

Edited by SteveFong

look in the mirror

well having spent some time in the previously mentioned city of no smiles, only frowns and grey, I can only assume they came for the weather and cheap borsch?

I will take a Thai woman over a Russian woman, anytime, anywhere. Regardless of how hot the Russian woman is. Something about knowing what is inside, that colors my view of how hot she may be outside. Russian woman can be sullen, serious, critical, demanding, bossy, conniving, aggressive, and just plain difficult to be around. Not lighthearted, in any sense of the word. Not particularly funny, or humorous. Oh, I am sure there are some that rise about this stereotype. That is the case anywhere. But, I have met some Thai women that by contrast are delightful to be around, kind, funny, lighthearted, playful, supportive, willing to compromise, cheerful, smart, and fun. Find those qualities in a Russian woman. Just depends on what you are looking for. I myself, not matter how hot they are, look the other way, and do not give them that time of day.

• Like 2

what nonsense,

when you described the russian girls, I thought for sure yu meant thai girls,

all is great, as long as you do everything they expect, and when you don't watch out farange, because one phone call, and you are done

russian girls, expect nothing, then, you have a relationship starting off the right way

Edited by SteveFong
  • Like 2

The Russian tourists bring down the number of other western tourists, which is definitely not good,

This is a Myth, I'm sure no one does any sorts of researches on how many Russians are in Patts before coming there.

I personally find the Chinese x10 more annoying (Yanks come close 2nd by the way), but it's nothing to affect my decision to travel to any certain place or not.

LOL. Which amazing country are you from?

The lack of Russian tourists coming to Pattaya has affected the Pattaya market because they spend more money than any other tourists that visit Pattaya.

How to destroy your credability in one sentence,

Thailand survived before they came, it will survive after they've gone.

It actually prospered.... all those dilapidated crumbling hotels and poor infrastructure found a less discerning client.

But I thought the Chinese represented a larger contingent than the Russians.

The OP seems naive, I doubt the political situation had much impact. The devaluation of the Russian currency and economical sanctions are taking their toll..... haven't Russian travel agents started to struggle.

One can only hope that with fewer of them they will stop strutting around like they own the place, and their damned coaches driving around like the roads were built only for them.

I lived in Mexico City; the big problem is kidnapping; you don't pay - you die; when this problem combined with cartel violence it made the hard side of Pattaya look like a foam mattress.

I have to laugh when people talk about moving to Mexico these days as for the most part it is a war zone... The only place I would even consider living in Mexico is down the Baja peninsula... What a difference 10 years makes, just like Thailand...

• Like 1

The Russian bashing then Chinese bashing ? Remember all, In Thailand, we are just visitors here, whatever you own most of it will go back to their system. As the saying goes.......THAI IS FOR THAIS. So the is no joy in bashing others...

It's got nothing to do with Thailand... It's a tribal thing...

I really dont understand why Thai visa allows so much russian bashing on its site..... as one guy said earl;ier .... you are only visitors here , you can be maried to a thai but you will always be farang .... bashing on other farang like that is childish and not necessary . Gosh remember where you come from .. and get a life instead of complaining.

Scottish!

There will be a huge demand for translators to English and alcohol sales will go through the roof as well.

• Like 1