Why do they not comment on the OP's topic?

willyumiii

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you saw this at the time ...

Morgan Freeman mistaken for Nelson Mandela on Indian billboard Morgan Freeman, who played Nelson Mandela in Invictus, featured instead of South Africa's first black president in Indian poster campaign

Morgan-Freeman1_54f3d.jpg

• Like 2

Off topic posts not removed.

And while on the OP`s theme of this thread, I miss your goat avatar.

Over the years I have come to recognise certain Thai visa members by their avatars, it`s like a character thing and when members change them it sort of throws me a bit and it`s just not the same somehow. To me PoorSucker was the goat with the funny face and beetlejuice is the dancing bug and so on.

I always thought that was a Selfie of Poorsucker.  giggle.gif

Beetle.  You'd do us all a big favour by changing that annoying avatar of yours.

I happen to agree with the OP...

OP - take heart --- one good handy tool provided by TVF is IGNORE... You can go to your profile and place a fellow TVF member in IGNORE status and while they can still see your posts ...BUT YOU CAN'T SEE THERE'S... From then on you just do not have to be bothered with their juvenile silliness or put up with the serotonin deprived angry jerks.

IGNORE is very handy for tagging that person who just has to try to put a finger in your eye over some nit-picky thing...

But if you put them on ignore, you won't learn from your spelling mistakes.

"Their", belonging to them, not "there".
I think it's great that we can see how many likes, and friends, we have. I'd also like to see how many Ignore lists I was on

SC
  • Like 2

OP - take heart --- one good handy tool provided by TVF is IGNORE... You can go to your profile and place a fellow TVF member in IGNORE status and while they can still see your posts ...BUT YOU CAN'T SEE THERE'S... From then on you just do not have to be bothered with their juvenile silliness or put up with the serotonin deprived angry jerks.

IGNORE is very handy for tagging that person who just has to try to put a finger in your eye over some nit-picky thing...

I think it's great that we can see how many likes, and friends, we have. I'd also like to see how many Ignore lists I was on

SC

They run out of paper for my ignore list................w00t.gif

SC

They run out of paper for my ignore list................w00t.gif

Well, that's just pissed on my bonfire. I was going to wait a couple of hours, with no replies, and comment "... quite a lot, apparently..."

The best laid plans of mice and men...

SC

maybe it'll just be the two of us in this conversation

• Like 1

I don't know if you saw this at the time ...

Morgan Freeman mistaken for Nelson Mandela on Indian billboard Morgan Freeman, who played Nelson Mandela in Invictus, featured instead of South Africa's first black president in Indian poster campaign

Morgan-Freeman1_54f3d.jpg

That looks more like Sinhalese script from Sri Lanka than Hindi.

There is an n after m in indemnity smile.png if it's worth mentioning...not really but I thought I would throw it out there

Now I've got a dilemna...do I risk condemnation by being a smartarse and pointing out other words, or do I stay quiet and let ignorance prevail?

The IGNORE feature is the handiest tool on TVF. I found myself using it a lot (16 pages) during these last few unsettling months in the Kingdom. The political postings were causing all sorts of bad feeling from every quarter. I am sure I must be on many posters IGNORE collection. I know I have rubbed some people wrong by some things I've written here. So be it.

There is a great "failsafe" feature, too. When someone is on your IGNORE function, a message appears, something like "You have chosen to ignore messages from.......... View it anyway?" And quite often, when the subject has nothing to do with Red vs. Yellow/Yingluck/Mr. T/Mad Monks/Suthep, etc., I plug that name back in, and find that they have good things to contribute, and are probably fine human beings.

• Like 2

My ignore list has exactly 0 people on it.  It has remained this way since 2008.

A few people say nasty things about me but almost all the times I know it was not deserved, sometimes I can see it was and could not care less and sometimes I do something about it.  The fact it is a forum makes it a big enough wall for me not to worry about physical danger so why ignore people, of course if a topic does not have any interest to me I do not always read it.