What's the most generous thing you've seen someone do in Thailand

Costas2008

On another thread, you have been asked what's the stingy thing you've seen someone do in Thailand.

Here is your opportunity to discuss the opposite.

I believe there are thousands of kind hearted ex-pats on this forum to share with us their story.

I also believe that you all believe in charity and the well being of fellow human beings.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I once also helped an old lady cross the road. She was kicking and screaming saying she didn't want to go there, but somehow I got her across.

Payboy, I don't want to offend you, but this was done by other people before, so I think you are trying to make yourself look good and kindhearted, but I would expect something more original.

• Like 1

I once also helped an old lady cross the road. She was kicking and screaming saying she didn't want to go there, but somehow I got her across.

Payboy, I don't want to offend you, but this was done by other people before, so I think you are trying to make yourself look good and kindhearted, but I would expect something more original.

If you try to put a limit on good deeds, I'll just have to take two ladies across per trip. Good intention will always triumph in face of such negativity.
  • Like 1

An American guy wearing a suit having his breakfast in Pat Pong once gave an alcoholic bum 500 baht to go to hospital to get medication. The drunk never got sober for a few more years but always remembers.

Neeraman, A good and generous American, I do understand that you always remember him.

I would do the same.

My dog got out from the front garden and after I realised it was missing I went out on my motorbike to find it. It had been hit by a car but not crushed so I tried to carry and ride at the same time. An old Thai-man on one of the old market style bicycles came up and motioned me to put the dog in the front part. He followed me back to the house and I tried to offer some money to him but he just waved it off and rode away. For me that was very generous of him to even stop and help out.

I asked a thai woman to buy phones for my daughters birthday last month. She went to my kids's school, upon her own initiative, to speak with them and hand over the phones. She even made the effort to call me so i could speak with them. Her good deed will never be forgotten by me.
  • Like 1

There have been many, many.

One is as good as another, since each one makes us feel very good.

Corny and True.

(living here has changed me for the better.  You laugh.  I was a sinner before.  I now have more faith in my fellow man.  Corny, yes, but true)

Edited by GLOPglopMAmaTONG

My wife's aunt has a husband, who is the nicest, hardest working man I have ever met. He is always on the move doing something. Him and his wife are also dirt poor all the time, they have a food stand and he delivers. One day I saw him and hid a 1000baht note in my hand and slipped it into his hand.I wanted too keep it between him and I. I don't need other family members thinking they deserve it. OH NO he wai'd me and then got on his knees and kissed my feet and said something in Thai. The whole family smiled at me. I see him 1-2 times a month and I have got thru to him,that this is on the down-low.     Now only his wife and my wife smile at me when they see the hand-off.What i feel in my heart is worth every single baht.

• Like 1

My wife's aunt has a husband, who is the nicest, hardest working man I have ever met. He is always on the move doing something. Him and his wife are also dirt poor all the time, they have a food stand and he delivers. One day I saw him and hid a 1000baht note in my hand and slipped it into his hand.I wanted too keep it between him and I. I don't need other family members thinking they deserve it. OH NO he wai'd me and then got on his knees and kissed my feet and said something in Thai. The whole family smiled at me. I see him 1-2 times a month and I have got thru to him,that this is on the down-low.     Now only his wife and my wife smile at me when they see the hand-off.What i feel in my heart is worth every single baht.

Well, you have obviously become his best patron.

Yes they have very good food, but sadly they don't serve my favorite...Patron Tequila

Yes they have very good food, but sadly they don't serve my favorite...Patron Tequila

There is a derivation in every name.

• Like 1