Myanmar online E-visas to debut in September

I thought they did this around 3 years ago, but a company or two with influence kind of overtook it and there was a lot of people paying a lot more money than they should have for their visas.

Anyway, good if it happens properly.

Hopefully they can be used in Phu Nam Ron border in Kanchanaburi for people with Multi-Entry Non-Imm visas and need to do a border run.

• Like 1

E-visas scheduled to launch in Myanmar next month

From TTR Weekly by Tobias Esche, Yangon, August 11, 2014

mip_logo.png

MYANMAR will introduce an e-visa system beginning September 1, a move that could finally streamline visa processes for travellers.
Tourists are required to file their visa application online at www.myanmarevisa.gov.mm at least one week before their trip. The online visa is priced at US$50, though the same visa obtained through an embassy abroad costs US$30, according to the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism. Only credit card payment is accepted.
Once the application has been processed by the Ministry of Immigration and Population, applicants will receive an email confirmation letter that they must present to the airline and to immigration authorities at Yangon International Airport, along with their passports.
Business visas are not yet available online, though this may change in the future

Full story here: E-visas scheduled to launch in Myanmar next month

UPDATE: You can apply for your Myanmar e-visa now, for tourist visas only. The cost is USD$50

Beta testing seems to be working. I can get through the application process up to the payment stage.

For newcomers to this thread - if you do apply for an e-visa on the site http://www.myanmarevisa.gov.mm/ ahead of the 1st September official launch, please post back with your comments and results

• Like 1

So only available to those flying into Yangon?

"Once the application has been processed by the Ministry of Immigration and Population, applicants will receive an email confirmation letter that they must present to the airline and to immigration authorities at Yangon International Airport, along with their passports."

So only available to those flying into Yangon?

"Once the application has been processed by the Ministry of Immigration and Population, applicants will receive an email confirmation letter that they must present to the airline and to immigration authorities at Yangon International Airport, along with their passports."

Correct, and this is confirmed by the first step of the online application process.

Only Yangon is available as an entry point option

post-136-0-05288700-1407764075_thumb.jpg

I think Myanmar need to be connected to the internet first.

eVisa can wait.

Two fundamental flaws in your post:

1. Myanmar is already 'connected to the internet'

2. Anybody applying for an e-visa is not going to be in Myanmar in the first place

Visa Processing Fee

Looks good and straight forward...Can take ID Photo on Computer.

After payment of 50 Bucks US Letter of Confirmation will be sent within 5 days (if approved)and valid for 90 days....

Not going yet but seems to work...

Visa Type Tourist Visa

No. of Entries Single Entry

Visa Processing Fee 50.00 USD

Valid to Stay in Country 28 Days

Available Payment Options

Please note that you will be paying to Galaluz Pte Ltd for the Visa Processing Fee collection

• Like 1

myanmar, the thailand without electricity, gets to launch an e-visa and thailand still in dark ages with papermill that they love so much, wake up thailand

good future destination for all the visa runners ? easy for their girlfriends to go visit them overthere ?

i was just over there 2 weeks ago;

internet just about everywhere we went (Mandalay, Bagan, Hsipaw, Mogok)

but dont expect it like it is here in Thailand

I used the pre approved visa on arrival service offered online ( was $75) as i flew into Mandalay

its still a great place but from talking to people there its quite busy form Nov-march and hotel rates go high an travel can be hard as to many people.

myanmar, the thailand without electricity, gets to launch an e-visa and thailand still in dark ages with papermill that they love so much, wake up thailand

good future destination for all the visa runners ? easy for their girlfriends to go visit them overthere ?

Yep, Thai nationals can get tourist visas to Myanmar with a minimum of fuss, and are also included in the initial list of approved countries for the new e-visa system

Umm, you don't need a visa if coming to Thailand as a tourist for less than 30 days.....

Depends on your nationality.

I used the pre approved visa on arrival service offered online ( was $75) as i flew into Mandalay

I've no idea who you used for that, but a word of caution, it's the private companies who have been offering this service that they are trying to stop.

Word is that they have been causing problems for immigration and subsequently tourists. They're trying to nip that in the bud as they've received many complaints and the local tour companies want it all cleaned up before they get a bad name.

I've no idea who you used for that, but a word of caution, it's the private companies who have been offering this service that they are trying to stop.

Word is that they have been causing problems for immigration and subsequently tourists. They're trying to nip that in the bud as they've received many complaints and the local tour companies want it all cleaned up before they get a bad name.

word from where/who? have a link aywhere? otherwise.....

had no trouble and very good service and has been doing pre approved visa on arrival for a long time, <url removed as per forum rules>

they are a local travel company

Edited by SeaVisionBurma
removed commerical link

A list of the 35 countries which can currently apply for the online e-visa Myanmar tourist visa:

Australia
Bangladesh
Brazil
Brunei
Cambodia
Canada
China
Denmark
Egypt
France
Germany
India
Indonesia
Israel
Italy
Japan
Korea, DPR
Korea, Republic
Kuwait
Laos
Malaysia
Nepal
Norway
Pakistan
Philippines
Russian Federation
Saudi Arabia
Serbia
Singapore
Sri Lanka
Switzerland
Thailand
Turkey
United Kingdom
USA
Vietnam

word from where/who? have a link aywhere? otherwise.....

had no trouble and very good service and has been doing pre approved visa on arrival for a long time, <url removed as per forum rules>

they are a local travel company

Word from someone directly involved in this particular matter. No, there is no link.

New e-visas for tourists only, ministry says

From Eleven Myanmar Media, 12th August

The e-visas set to debut on September 1 will be for tourists only, but other types will be issued online in the future, the Ministry of Immigration and Population has said.

The tourst e-visas will cost US$50, though the fee may change, said Aung Thiha, assistant director of the ministry’s office at Yangon International Airport. Tourists who apply online will receive the visa within one week, but it must be used within three months of issuance and is valid for a visit of up to 28 days, Aung Thiha said.