Myanmar online E-visas to debut in September

what if you want to be a long term tourist, let's say 6 months, which visa should I apply for ?

There are no long term tourist visas for Myanmar. They are only ever issued for a 28 day period of stay, extendable by 14 days once you are in country.

I just now tried to apply online and was about to confirm payment when I realized the form never requested travel dates. Nor does it say how far in advance of your trip you can apply. Perhaps I missed that detail somewhere, so will have a look on other pages to see if it's mentioned. Wouldn't want to buy a visa and that find it had expired when I travel to Yangon in Nov.

I just now tried to apply online and was about to confirm payment when I realized the form never requested travel dates. Nor does it say how far in advance of your trip you can apply. Perhaps I missed that detail somewhere, so will have a look on other pages to see if it's mentioned. Wouldn't want to buy a visa and that find it had expired when I travel to Yangon in Nov.

from the more info page:

(h) The validity of eVisa approval letter is (3) months from the issued date. If it is expired, entry will be denied.

So if you are going late November you might want to wait a bit ....

• Like 2

For newcomers to this thread - if you do apply for an e-visa on the site http://www.myanmarevisa.gov.mm/ ahead of the 1st September official launch, please post back with your comments and results

Applied just now, easy. Only thing was the postal code input box only took numbers so I made a note in the address box. Fingers crossed :)

Conformation email was sent back straight away.

Visa letter reply received today, what you need...

1. Have a passport with at least 6 months validity,

2. Have sufficient funds for the period of stay in Myanmar, and

3. Have confirmed onward / return air ticket(s).

Which is a pity, I was hoping to leave overland back into Thailand, though flights don't cost much so might just have a return and not use the return flight.

• Like 1

Which is a pity, I was hoping to leave overland back into Thailand, though flights don't cost much so might just have a return and not use the return flight.

re 3. They are not asking for this at immigration on arrival as a matter of course Paddy.(They are not even asking for #2)

On arrival at Yangon airport, if questioned then tell them you are planning to travel & exit overland, or have not booked your outbound flight yet. I can't offer you anything official to support this, but it is certainly the case for any international arrivals into Yangon Airport.

PM me if you want more info.

• Like 1

re 3. They are not asking for this at immigration on arrival as a matter of course Paddy.(They are not even asking for #2)

On arrival at Yangon airport, if questioned then tell them you are planning to travel & exit overland, or have not booked your outbound flight yet. I can't offer you anything official to support this, but it is certainly the case for any international arrivals into Yangon Airport.

PM me if you want more info.

Thanks, I suspected it might not be such a big deal, think I'll risk it then.

Ta v much

• Like 1

i used the pre approved voa last month ( just use your search engine to see the company) flying into Mandalay from Bangkok

was not asked about return ticket or funds at all

Hope they expand the official voa to include Mandalay

Mandalay is definitely on the cards - my sources tell me that following a successful bedding period for the new system (which is only for Yangon) they will introduce Mandalay and eventually Naypyidaw. Can't see a lot of tourists using Naypyidaw though.