Huge haul of illegal timber found in the resort of Charupong Ruangsuwan’s son

Lite Beer

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The typical behaviour of some of the rich as evident in frequent illegal parking of their expensive cars to avoid paying the Bt20 parking fee.

Could you give just one example of this "typical behaviour of the rich"?

I can, a school I'm associated with, they have a drive through in the morning for parents, buses etc., to stop and quickly let the kids out and then quickly drive on and for one hour, peak time, it handles hundreds of cars. Other internal roads within the school also jammed with cars,parents parking and walking their kids to class rooms.

For the drive through there is one mother, drives a Maserati sports car, who uses this perhaps 1 day a fortnight or similar. Other days her staff take the kids to school.

Rich mummy barges her way into the line, gets to the canopied drop area, stops the car, gets out and goes to the school canteen with her kids for breakfast for 20 minutes or so.

School staff try to ask her on the spot to please move the car - she totally ignores the staff / the discussion. Staff have to quickly try to get parked cars (in the posted car park area), moved to create another path for the drive through.

Bottom line, rich mummy doesn't care.

Do all rich mummies behave like this, of course not.

Can you find some rich arrogant selfish people in all countries? Yes of course.
Off topic but if I was richer I would just push her car out of the way with the bull bars on the front of the Toyota 4 wheel drive but seeing I'm not a very simple way to pee her off without any comeback would be just let all her tyres down.

She would probably just ring the Maserati dealer and order another new car !

• Like 1

I would of thought someone like Churapong and his family who are obviously being targeted for misdemeanors would of found time over the last few years to remove such obvious illegal material!

The 'illegal material' was not really obvious, it was buried 3 meters in the earth.

They probably did not have 'the last few years' to remove the wood because the need to cover their tracks only existed since the Junta took over. What need was there prior to the recent law enforcements? 

It seems that IF  Churapong and his family, were being targeted (?) for misdemeanors, then it has been absolutely justifiable. 

• Like 2

I would of thought someone like Churapong and his family who are obviously being targeted for misdemeanors would of found time over the last few years to remove such obvious illegal material!

You think it was stored 3 meters deep under the soil just for convenience ?

Why don't they take all the money from these raids and build a nice eco friendly 5 star PRISON, for all those two faced greedy politicians, they can then have inside democratic elections to decide who picks up the soap in the communal shower!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm sure the wood was there before the good doctor built or bought the resort so like Sgt Schultz he would know nothing.

He would have fled because he knew he wouldn't get a fair trial giggle.gif alt=giggle.gif>

One wonders whether these illegal timber cases plus all the other various crap that Thailand seems to encompass, like people trafficking ,illegal ivory trade etc,  would be getting addressed if there hadn't been a coup.  

The PTP were trying to address them with the broad stroke of the amnesty

• Like 2

What a truly pathetic father and son.......no doubt the wives and children knew what was going on, so if they are still here in Thailand, then no doubt they'll be in for a hard time....meanwhile pop and son live it up on the Rue De Rivoli maybe, with that other creep!

And the father has the gall to say he is mr. nice guy protecting democracy for Thailand and at the same time embroiled in numerous illegal activities.

Hope he can never return, also his son. Thailand is better off without these types.

hahaha but he didn't say what kind of democracy he was protecting, did he ?

• Like 1

The typical behaviour of some of the rich as evident in frequent illegal parking of their expensive cars to avoid paying the Bt20 parking fee.

One example, a whole 1st floor in the multi- story car park in Central Plaza Udon is reserved for SUPER CARS and SUPER MOTOR CYCLES, nothing parks here below a Honda Accord.---

To Eurojomtien (post #51) :

Indeed ! The 'kind of democracy' that was in place until last May in this country had every reason to please the Chairman of PTP (along with all kinds of other big shots from both sides) so it's no wonder he loves it and defends it.

I would venture to add that this kind of democracy and the one that Georges W. Bush so loudly vowed to implement in Irak before sending in the US troops have a lot in common. Banana republics don't all grow bananas.

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 2

Choices handling law breakers.......

-Cant be found.coffee1.gif

-Left the nation easily, got on video.rolleyes.gif

-arrested but lack of evidence, let golock.gif .

-let out on bail.laugh.png

-found guilty but given:

---suspended sentence.whistling.gif

---reduced sentence.sorry.gif

---forgotten sentence.w00t.gif

This is the Army's huge job of cleaning this system.  Looks weak so far, but maybe GONE is best after all huh.png .

Thaksin should start a hotel in Dubai just for the rich escapees.... all speaking Thai there and happywelcomeani.gif .

What a truly pathetic father and son.......no doubt the wives and children knew what was going on, so if they are still here in Thailand, then no doubt they'll be in for a hard time....meanwhile pop and son live it up on the Rue De Rivoli maybe, with that other creep!

If there live in this street, they easily can be caught by Interpol, IF Thailand manges to issue an international warrant.

• Like 1

Hmmmm....a few questions if I may.

First of all, if they are not guilty of this particular scam then without a doubt they are guilty of numerous other scams and crimes.

In Thailand the politicians and or the politically connected are: Guilty before proven innocent

I am wondering if the wood planks were there before they bought the property as that could be the case but more than likely it is not .

Just saying.

If the suspects logged the timber maybe it was logged off of their own private land ..but maybe without the required permits...maybe.

Then you wonder why they would bury the wood planks?

I am thinking they were holding on to them to sell at a later date for all the more profit....as in they were being all the more greedy.

If that was not the case then, as it turns out, holding on to the planks for what ever reason was a mistake.

Hindsight say they should have sold the planks and rid themselves of the physical evidence of their crime(s)

The fact that they buried them makes it clear they were up to no good in the first place.

More than likely they will weasel their way out of the crime by coming up with fake documents that shows how they obtained them legally ( maybe from Burma sources )

and tell everyone the wood had to be buried to preserve it and or cure it in some bizarre way.

If not that lie then they can say it was there long before they purchased the property which would be the most plausible lie.

Cheers

But anybody can escape justice, because anybody can be bought. In Thailand!

Tell that to the Media Mogul that has been refused bail on a 20 yr. prison sentence!

Hang on !  the Fat  Lady has'nt sung yet !  cheesy.gif clap2.gif

• Like 1

Happy now??????

3 metres!

Someone must have snitched.

You think?

Well you cannot tell me that no one knew that it was there, it did not just appear in the night. Who dug the hole, who drove the trucks, who unloaded the timber. There had to be many men involved, all getting a pay off however small. Someone probably failed in a blackmail attempt so dobbed them in. This timber certainly was not found with Metal detectors .

And the father has the gall to say he is mr. nice guy protecting democracy for Thailand and at the same time embroiled in numerous illegal activities.

Hope he can never return, also his son. Thailand is better off without these types.

I personally hope the whole world becomes aware of just how corrupt and self-serving the PTP government was and ultimately gives in to pressure to have them extradited to face 20+ year sentences...!!