“LMG Pacific Healthcare”

WillG

I am going to retire in Chiang Mai very shortly and being naturally careful, I have trawled the forums for info on many things that I will need to look at before this happens.

I am 67 years old and in excellent health but will need to arrange reasonable health care coverage in Thailand. I have recently had a quote from AA Insurance Brokers (sponsor on this site) with “LMG Pacific Healthcare” which sounds cheapish given what I have read here but I cannot access their web site.

My question is:

I realise healthcare insurance is not particularly easy to obtain or cheap for my age group, but has anyone any experience with “LMG Pacific Healthcare” and/or any other recommendations and/or any other personal experiences with healthcare options

Hopefully I can get some hard facts (costs / coverage / claiming) for ages 67 +

Thanks

Your age limits your options and LMG Pacific is one of the few available to you. Despite this they offer good value for money and some flexible options. I have found them good to deal with but like all insurers if its not covered don't expect a claim to be paid. There are always some who have a chip on their shoulder towards one or other insurer - don't be swayed as this normally is the result of a claim being turned down or similar ... And legitimate claims are rarely if ever declined by any insurer.

Be aware, LMG is very health concise company., ie if you smoke or over weight by their standards, you would either be refused, loaded heavily or have many exclusions.

My best suggestion is to go for Ambassade/April, much more relaxed, not the cheapest but also no exclusions or loading.

I only speak from experience of applying with almost all companies and i am not in your age bracket yet.

Be aware, LMG is very health concise company., ie if you smoke or over weight by their standards, you would either be refused, loaded heavily or have many exclusions.

My best suggestion is to go for Ambassade/April, much more relaxed, not the cheapest but also no exclusions or loading.

I only speak from experience of applying with almost all companies and i am not in your age bracket yet.

Thanks for replies

LMG sounds quite good then as I look after myself and in great health, and I spend a lot of money in doing so.

In that regard I like to think I am not wasting my money on "looking after" people who do not look after themselves and who utilise their health insurance to fund their unhealthy lifestyles.

Cheers

Thanks for replies

LMG sounds quite good then as I look after myself and in great health, and I spend a lot of money in doing so.

In that regard I like to think I am not wasting my money on "looking after" people who do not look after themselves and who utilise their health insurance to fund their unhealthy lifestyles.

Cheers

I think you misunderstood my post.

Your health has little to do with it.

How is your body mass ratio?

Do you smoke? or ever smoked?

Do you drink? take any medication?

Thanks for replies

Cheers

BMI = 23

Non-smoker for past 40 years and only light smoker previously (I would have been sick if I had a cigarette beore lunch)

I enjoy a few beers week (hopefully that wont change too much when I become more sociable after retirement)

I dont take any medications whatsoever - although lots of supplements

Weights and cardio at least 3 times a week and have a check up with full blood tests every year

In fact I think myself lucky that I have never in my working life (and I mean never) taken a day off work because I was ill except for 3 days when I caught chicken pox at 40 - put that down to genes or just good luck I dont know!

So I do plan on living a lot longer, at least I hope so

But of course you never know do you so its good to be prepared

Thanks for the reply ....

Thanks for replies

Cheers

BMI = 23

Non-smoker for past 40 years and only light smoker previously (I would have been sick if I had a cigarette beore lunch)

I enjoy a few beers week (hopefully that wont change too much when I become more sociable after retirement)

I dont take any medications whatsoever - although lots of supplements

Weights and cardio at least 3 times a week and have a check up with full blood tests every year

In fact I think myself lucky that I have never in my working life (and I mean never) taken a day off work because I was ill except for 3 days when I caught chicken pox at 40 - put that down to genes or just good luck I dont know!

So I do plan on living a lot longer, at least I hope so

But of course you never know do you so its good to be prepared

Thanks for the reply ....

You keep on misunderstanding my posts.

You do not need to tell me about your life, insurance company has all the questions.

I do not know what they consider good BMR, i do know for LMG they simply refuse smokers and drinkers.

Naturally you can lie and answer "NO" to smoking and drinking, however if something happens, your doctor would be asking this questions.

I doubt you would lie to a doctor about drinking or smoking and this is when you have a problem.

Insurance company requests doctors report before approving the payment, once they catch you lying- payment refused.

Nothing stopping you to apply to a number of them, just explaining how it works

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The company behind the administration of LMG Pacific health and travel insurance (Med-Sure, part of the Pacific Cross group) has now formed a stand-alone health and travel insurance company in Thailand, Pacific Cross Health Insurance - www.PacificCrossHealth.com

• 4 weeks later...

The company behind the administration of LMG Pacific health and travel insurance (Med-Sure, part of the Pacific Cross group) has now formed a stand-alone health and travel insurance company in Thailand, Pacific Cross Health Insurance - www.PacificCrossHealth.com

Pacific Cross Health Insurance PCL offers health insurance (individual, family, group, expat and local markets); personal accident insurance and travel insurance (outbound from Thailand - all of which are Schengen Visa compliant plans) and inbound to Thailand. All documentation is in English as well as Thai.

Contact your local Broker in Thailand (only Thai registered brokers are permitted to sell products from Thai registered insurers) or Pacific Cross Health Insurance directly:

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 66 2 401 9189

Address: Level 21, Chartered Square Building, North Sathorn Rd (near Surasak BTS station), Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

PCHI-logo-and-tagline-PNG-small.png

• 3 years later...

I'm your age and last year I made an application to them for health coverage, I had a complete physical in advance so their assessors were looking at current accurate information. The quote came back littered with so many caveats that it was almost a joke, despite a very high deductible there was a co-pay on the first 300k, exclusions that went way beyond anything I could have imagined, 2 years waiting period on many things before reassessment plus the premiums were very very high. I'm sorry I no longer have the details because I threw the quote away, a few people said to me afterwards that the company is known to be ultra conservative. I subsequently found a quote from AXA with costs and T & C's that I could live with.

EDIT - sorry, I just realised the company I applied to was Pacific Cross, not the one you mention.

Edited by simoh1490