Australian couple in Thai baby scandal want boy back

webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read a story on BBC which says the surrogate mother appears to admit she didn't let the parents take the boy because she thought they put him into an institute.

Could be a misunderstanding or misquote I guess.

Have to say that some of the fathers comments in same article would seem to indicate she may have been right in doubting his attitude towards the boy. Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

Just read a story on BBC which says the surrogate mother appears to admit she didn't let the parents take the boy because she thought they put him into an institute.

What drew my attention more "I'm no longer a danger to children." It made me cringe. The only Paedo I can apply that statement to is Jimmy Savile.

• Like 2

Here is the full 40 interview with the aussies, the guy is slime of the filthiest order.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/08/10/21/35/parents-say-they-would-have-aborted-gammy

Agree. Some of his comments are rank.

Before drawing the conclusion as you have, I would want to know more about the facts of his conviction.

Convicted pedos should not be allowed to have children in any way, shape or form.  No adoption, fostering, surrogacy, natural means or by virgin birth!!!  1 of the many rights you should give up when you are convicted of the lowest form of crime.

Before drawing the conclusion as you have, I would want to know more about the facts of his conviction.

Convicted pedos should not be allowed to have children in any way, shape or form.  No adoption, fostering, surrogacy, natural means or by virgin birth!!!  1 of the many rights you should give up when you are convicted of the lowest form of crime.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-05/baby-gammy-father-has-sex-offence-conviction/5649966

West Australian electrician David John Farnell, 56, was sentenced to three years' jail in 1997 for sexually molesting two girls under the age of 13. Just months later, while still imprisoned, he was charged again - this time with six counts of indecent dealings with a child under the age of 13. Those offences were said to have occurred over a 10-month period in the mid-1990s. Farnell was found guilty a second time and received an 18-month jail term.

If the kid was shown to have Downs syndrome through ultra sound (???) while still in the womb....abortion would have been the best option.  Yes, it's a tough call but you only have to look around to see how many disabled the people of Thailand have to care for now.

Mengele would be proud of you.

• Like 1

If you watched the interview in Chooka's post above, you will learn all about this deviant's convictions.

David Farnell sexually abused 4 girls aged between 5 and 10 over a period of many years.  During this time, he himself was a father with 3 young children of his own.  Farnell pleaded guilty to 18 offences.  In addition to these 18 admissions of guilt, he was tried and convicted of a further 4 charges, making a total of 22 offences in all.  The presiding judge at the time said that Farnell showed no remorse over his crimes and instead tried to trivialise his actions.  He was thrown in prison for 3 years in 1998.

Is this enough facts for you to draw your conclusions?  Or perhaps you will now question the integrity of the Australian judicial process?

A minority of people seem to be bending over backwards to give this piece of S the benefit of (very little) doubt - how very Christian of them, in a creepy Catholic priest way.

Even Farnell himself says in the interview that "everybody hates sex offenders, they are the lowest form of people, not even worthy of breathing, I know that" (Part 4, 9:15-9:30).

BTW, his supportive wife, Wendy, reminded me of Wendy Murdoch, and I was expecting her to jump up and give the interviewer a karate chop on a couple of occasions.

Total frog sh**e I think. They have been found out and are floundering to come up with credible excuses. Bunbury isn't that big either so I'm sure they will be feeling a lot of community pressure too.

Shameful. They left Thailand because there was too much political instability to stay, according to a colleague who spoke on their behalf. What a load of drivel.

Truth is they cut and ran hoping to leave their own disabled son as someone else's problem.

Problem is the more lies they tell the harder it will be for everyone to come to a solution.
  • Like 2

One think that just came to my mind is that the reason the father want the baby back is because the baby now is worth USD 200K and which parent have the baby will have the money..

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 5.3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

SURROGACY
The Australian parents of baby Gammy speak on 60 Minutes

The Independent online

BANGKOK: -- The Australian couple accused of abandoning their son because he had Down's syndrome have denied the claims in a TV interview, saying instead that his Thai surrogate mother demanded to keep the child.

The child, now seven months old, is being treated for a lung infection in a hospital east of Bangkok and also has a congenital heart defect. An international charitable fund has been set up to pay for his care.

Speaking publicly for the first time to Australia's 60 Minutes programme, an emotional Mr Farnell said: "We did not abandon our son," the Independent online reported.

He and his wife told the programme that the surrogate mother, 21-year-old food stall worker Pattaramon Chanbua, had said she would "get the police" and keep both children if they tried to take Gammy away.

Farnell explained that the couple had been told Gammy would be born with Down's syndrome before the twins were born, and that at that point they "expected the surrogacy agency to give them a refund and find a solution".

Ms Chanbua offered to keep Gammy instead, the Farnells said, but when the children were born the couple changed their minds and said they wanted both twins.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/The-Australian-parents-of-baby-Gammy-speak-on-60-M-30240692.html

[thenation]2014-08-11[/thenation]

Lying pieces of excrement.  They have had 7 months to try and get him out and did nothing until this story went international.  The are only saying that now because they have been exposed as the mongrels they are.

clap2.gif  Excellent summary.  
Agree they definitely didn't give Gammy a 2nd thought until this story blew up in thier faces. Then it was lies and more lies to try and cover up thier act now a complete about turn to try and explain and cover up the original lies. He is a paedophile and who would take the word from such slime?

Yes it does appear that now they are in full view of the media, they are back peddling with lame excuses. "they didn't know about the baby boy", "he only had one day to live", "they had to leave because of the military coup" but now "they wanted to take him, but couldn't....so they made a run for it with the girl only incase she was kidnapped by the surrogate mother too"

Blah. blah, blah

I wouldn't mind betting that they are also keen to get the boy back due to there being 'hundreds of thousands of dollars' pouring in, in donations for the little lad.

What a vile story this is. In fact, none of the adults come out of this whole fiasco without looking pretty dodgy. I also agree that convicted Nonces should not be allowed to adopt or have kids through this method. At the end of the day, there needs to be a very detailed look at the laws around this, so that such a fiasco cant happen again. 

I  need to take a shower, every-time I read about these scum. 

The Thai surrogate has stuck to her story, the paedophile has changed his more than he has changed his underwear. The Thai has far more credibility

None of the players in this have any credibility. The Thai surrogate only wanted money and did it for purely selfish reasons and continues to exhibit her selfishness - I am sorry to say that in my experience a far more common trait in Thailand and taken to greater extremes than other places. The Australians have shown an equal lack of morality which is pretty disgusting but look like they are being played as well. Thailand is a great place for disinformation, misinformation and intentional misunderstandings so I am quite sure the Australians did not get the whole story at the time. That said they have not behaved in a way that would support their current story either - if they had any genuine concern for this poor child then they would have been strenuous in their efforts to follow up which they clearly have not - least not until the story blew up I their face.

Now there is a little boy in the world who has already been dealt an unlucky hand and needs love and care and therapy to have a chance of a happy life the rest of us take for granted. My feelings are for him. The selfish Thai surrogate is not likely the best person for the job - and neither are the Aussie couple.

Really too sad!

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

I'm a bit sketchy about the finer points of what i'm about to type so if it jogs any memories please weigh in.

I remember a report on CNN about pedophilia etc and some religious nut said he could cure it with the laying on of hands,  sorry but no horrible pun intended.

A convicted pedo was interviewed and attacked the whole idea.  He was so honest and perfectly clear that he HAD To stay away from places there might be children,  schools, play parks etc as the urge was always there and he knew he couldn't control himself. 

SURROGACY
The Australian parents of baby Gammy speak on 60 Minutes

The Independent online

BANGKOK: -- The Australian couple accused of abandoning their son because he had Down's syndrome have denied the claims in a TV interview, saying instead that his Thai surrogate mother demanded to keep the child.

The child, now seven months old, is being treated for a lung infection in a hospital east of Bangkok and also has a congenital heart defect. An international charitable fund has been set up to pay for his care.

Speaking publicly for the first time to Australia's 60 Minutes programme, an emotional Mr Farnell said: "We did not abandon our son," the Independent online reported.

He and his wife told the programme that the surrogate mother, 21-year-old food stall worker Pattaramon Chanbua, had said she would "get the police" and keep both children if they tried to take Gammy away.

Farnell explained that the couple had been told Gammy would be born with Down's syndrome before the twins were born, and that at that point they "expected the surrogacy agency to give them a refund and find a solution".

Ms Chanbua offered to keep Gammy instead, the Farnells said, but when the children were born the couple changed their minds and said they wanted both twins.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/The-Australian-parents-of-baby-Gammy-speak-on-60-M-30240692.html

[thenation]2014-08-11[/thenation]

Here is the link to the 60 minutes show for those that may be interested - http://www.9news.com...e-aborted-gammy

Viewers laud 60 Minutes interview with Gammy's Australian parents

Tara Brown’s interview with the biological parents of baby Gammy has drawn widespread praise from 60 Minutes viewers.

Her probing one-hour discussion with David and Wendy Farnell – the West Australian couple accused of abandoning Gammy to his surrogate mother in Thailand after discovering he has Down syndrome – sparked 11,000 tweets while the program aired.

In contrast, a typical 60 Minutes episode generates roughly 2000 tweets.

Most  commenters praised Brown’s rigorous interview, describing it as ‘‘brilliant’’, ‘‘powerful journalism’’ and deserving of a Walkley Award.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/viewers-laud-60-minutes-interview-with-gammys-australian-parents-20140811-102oqp.html#ixzz3A3wmYEg9

Lying pieces of excrement.  They have had 7 months to try and get him out and did nothing until this story went international.  The are only saying that now because they have been exposed as the mongrels they are.

Have to agree with you Chooka, especially since watching the 9 News interview. (Thanks for the link).

Maybe their interest was also "awakened" by the amount of money raised so far and future commercial opportunities too?

Their story keeps changing somewhat and they don't come across sincere at all.

• Like 2

+1 and the dog is a rock spider as well shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children

Please, your post is very insulting to rock spiders...

• Like 1

Much talk of the suitablity of the Ozzie parents and much doubt.

What of the lying Thai.

She first stated that the ozzie parents abandoned Gammy and when this was refuted by the Ozzie's, it now appears the Thai lady has admitted it was her who refused to allow Gammy to leave!

She has admitted this only now and that is disgraceful and deceitful as until then her core accusation WAS that they abondoned their DS baby. Now we know she has admitted she was worried they would put Gammy in a home and so she refused to give Gammy up and this all happened before any knowledge of his criminal record was even known, so no excuse on that count. Believe she also took it upon herself to go to a Hospital that had not been agreed upon/in contract terms. I wouldn't trust the Thai lady further than I could throw an Elephant! 

As the Eagles song says.... 'you can't hide you(r) lying thais'

Saint? Most certainly not!!

Edited by twix38