What to Grow in Loei

bantatnin

What to grow in Loei province now? I am trying not to follow the crowd. I already planted rubber, dont know what the price will be when the trees grow up (praying hard for good price). The village is now turning to Palm trees and Cassava. What would be the best short term crop? I am planning to instal a borehole on the land as well.

How about you let us know how much land, what type, location relative to towns, your resources (tractor, Kwai lek....), are you going to do this yourself, do you live on the land?  With out more info it is hard to say.  Also, What is wrong with following the crowd as long as you profit?

I recommend growing Crotalaria juncea in Loei province. It is a short term crop being an annual. One can plant it immediately after rice in November. Needs a little water if necessary to keep it growing. Harvest the seeds in 6-8 weeks. Crotalaria juncea (sunnhemp) is a legume and improves the soil. Loei growsthe best sunnhemp seed in Thailand. Ask around your area.

I will buy your seed at 40 baht/kg clean and dry. Overseas market in the USA is 100,000 kg/year. I can supply nursery seed.
  • Like 2

I recommend growing Crotalaria juncea in Loei province. It is a short term crop being an annual. One can plant it immediately after rice in November. Needs a little water if necessary to keep it growing. Harvest the seeds in 6-8 weeks. Crotalaria juncea (sunnhemp) is a legume and improves the soil. Loei growsthe best sunnhemp seed in Thailand. Ask around your area.

I will buy your seed at 40 baht/kg clean and dry. Overseas market in the USA is 100,000 kg/year. I can supply nursery seed.

I have 30 rai. How much for the seeds and do you need fertilizers etc?

How about you let us know how much land, what type, location relative to towns, your resources (tractor, Kwai lek....), are you going to do this yourself, do you live on the land?  With out more info it is hard to say.  Also, What is wrong with following the crowd as long as you profit?

I have 30 rai, flat land and another 20 rai on a slope, between Loei and Chiang Khan. I dont have a tractor or kwai lek, I plan to do this myself, with some help from family of course.

I have 30 rai, flat land and another 20 rai on a slope, between Loei and Chiang Khan. I dont have a tractor or kwai lek, I plan to do this myself, with some help from family of course.

Ask locals about Krachai Dam, your area is at altitude the sloping land is ideal for growing it.  I will buy as much as you can grow for 100 baht a kilo.

thai: Krachai Dam, latin: Kaempferia parviflora, a.k.a. "Thai Ginseng"

we are relatively near to you in Phu Kradung. www.loeiherbs.com

• Like 1