Man shot in the back following encounter with gang of youths in South Pattaya

webfact

Man shot in the back following encounter with gang of youths in South Pattaya

shot-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 23 year old man is currently described as being in a stable but serious condition in Hospital after he was shot in the back as he sat with friends at a café behind a South Pattaya Shopping Mall in the early hours of Tuesday.

Khun Banyar, was rushed to Hospital, accompanied by a friend, Khun Parudit aged 21, who was left to explain the incident to Police.

The victim had met friends for a drink when a gang of 10 youths arrived on motorbikes and one of them shot in the direction of the victim, as if he was intending to injure Khun Banyar only. Friends of the victim fled, without realizing he had been shot.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/138962/man-shot-in-the-back-following-encounter-with-gang-of-youths-in-south-pattaya/

[pattayaone]2014-08-13[/pattayaone]

You are correct in saying this is an all too common occurrence in Pattaya.

I only recently saw an incident of stabbing in the Central Festival Mall (Beach Rd) car park...quite similar.

Difficult to stop the gangs coming in, likely they don't arrive in large groups, but camera surveillance, active monitoring and quick reaction police squads could pre-empt these crimes. They need to be harassed, held, have their bikes confiscated or whatever to deter them. Pattaya cannot maintain the image of an international tourist destination while also permitting local youths to make it their playground, racetrack and source of income from crimes on visitors.

What you describing is professional, proactive security personnel at the shopping centres co-ordinating with a professional police force.  Unfortunately this is but a pipe dream for residents of Pattaya, most of the "security" personnel have trouble operating their whistle.

It would seem that the police have lifted their game a little now they share offices with the local navy folk, but there is little glamour in pro-active policing as it does get your picture in the newspaper.

• Like 1

I see many police checkpoints over the darkside where I live , last night as well, they never seem to stop falang only thai`s,. so there is stop and search going on that many people may not know about.many young bike gangs from over this side ripping up the streets. I went past a roadblock the other day and then saw a load of young lads riding towards it next minute they are all screaming past me away from it,riding like idiots,must have had something to hide,lol

Post removed under forum rule 6)

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

You are correct in saying this is an all too common occurrence in Pattaya.

I only recently saw an incident of stabbing in the Central Festival Mall (Beach Rd) car park...quite similar.

Difficult to stop the gangs coming in, likely they don't arrive in large groups, but camera surveillance, active monitoring and quick reaction police squads could pre-empt these crimes. They need to be harassed, held, have their bikes confiscated or whatever to deter them. Pattaya cannot maintain the image of an international tourist destination while also permitting local youths to make it their playground, racetrack and source of income from crimes on visitors.

Yeah, great big haulage trucks with 100's of bikes piled on the back daily, dumping at massive breaker yards (with lots of crushers thumbsup.gif ) outside of cities

also confiscate bikes for "Sorry officer, I can't pay fine I have no money" 

and for jalopies with no lights or other bits falling off/not working/missing!

and for possession of a deadly weapon

and for too many passengers

AND FOR SPEEDING/RACING

and for no licence

and for no insurance

and for no helmet or jumping the lights (ok that's a bit harsh, getting carried away here, but that mad rush before the lights change is always annoying for both pedestrians and car drivers - its like a swarm of very loud mosquitos!) 

What a great cleanup it would be! Would also give the 2nd hand bike parts business a whole new life (and hopefully some better parts), let alone give the Police a whole new revenue stream of unclaimed bikes (due to unpaid fines).

Edited by cyborgx
  • Like 2

These motorcycle youth gangs are a complete cancer on Thailand.

Pattaya is top heavy with these sort of attacks.

Why do the police not stop and search anyone travelling on motorcycles in a large group? It seems they are all carrying weapons.

If they have done nothing wrong and have no weapons, then they have nothing to worry about.

Once you find one person in possession of ANYTHING illegal, then take every single motorcycle from every one of them, and put the lot in the crusher. That might stop these thugs carrying weapons if everyone 'in their pack' is punished.

End of.

Please tell me any other country in the world where that would happen and why you think it should?

If you were with a group of friends in a few cars on a trip to beach (for example) and one car was stopped and a weapon was found, would like to be thought of as guilty and have your car crushed? No, i think not!

Really people like you make me wonder how stupid people can get!

Why do the police not stop and search anyone travelling on motorcycles in a large group? It seems they are all carrying weapons.

If they have done nothing wrong and have no weapons, then they have nothing to worry about.

Once you find one person in possession of ANYTHING illegal, then take every single motorcycle from every one of them, and put the lot in the crusher. That might stop these thugs carrying weapons if everyone 'in their pack' is punished.

End of.

"Once you find one person in possession of ANYTHING illegal, ... if everyone 'in their pack' is punished."

Good idea. And the police could stop any large group of farang and if they find one person without proper immigration documentation, punish them all.

Collective punishment ... a great concept that was given a bad name when some fuss pot labeled it a war crime. But hey there's no war now.

Under the 1949 Geneva Conventions, collective punishment is a war crime. By collective punishment, the drafters of the Geneva Conventions had in mind the reprisal killings of World War I and World War II. In the First World War, during the Rape of Belgium, the Germans executed Belgian villagers in mass retribution for resistance activity.

Edited by Suradit69

End of.

Please tell me any other country in the world where that would happen and why you think it should?

If you were with a group of friends in a few cars on a trip to beach (for example) and one car was stopped and a weapon was found, would like to be thought of as guilty and have your car crushed? No, i think not!

Really people like you make me wonder how stupid people can get!

Its called preventative law enforcement. Maybe some day when you are with a group of friends on the beach and these moto lowlifes  park next to you and it gets ugly, you will understand.

• Like 1